Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HK Hotel Club Room Experience and Choices

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2015, 7:58 pm
Original Poster

Smile HK Hotel Club Room Experience and Choices

Hi Everyone, I have been prompted by my some colleagues to book club room floors but I want to know which chains have the better rooms and lounges...

What are your favorites and which ones should any of us avoid? My arranger doesn't seem to know much so I thought I could ask you all

Actually I'm heading to HK in a few weeks and am looking for a good hotel in Kowloon with club rooms and lounges... Anyone stayed in somewhere awesome? Please share!
Old May 27, 2015, 8:56 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb
Hotel Club Room Experience

Intercontinental grand stafford had great service.. Good food. Moët and grey goose flows at night.. View not all that great but awesome staff!
Old May 27, 2015, 10:19 pm

Programs: UA Plat

I recommend the Sheraton, across from the Intercontinental and next to the Peninsula. Especially the rooms in the Tower section (essentially a separate hotel within the Sheraton) which are all club rooms. You get access to the lounge with a great evening cocktail hour(s) as well as the extensive breakfast on the top floor restaurant. My favorite was the prime breakfast steak in addition to some Asian items from the buffet. The view of the harbor is excellent. Best of all, these rooms are not much of a premium over the standard rooms and usually less than the Intercontinental.
Old May 27, 2015, 10:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by vanessaqhc
Hi Everyone, I have been prompted by my some colleagues to book club room floors but I want to know which chains have the better rooms and lounges...

What are your favorites and which ones should any of us avoid? My arranger doesn't seem to know much so I thought I could ask you all

Actually I'm heading to HK in a few weeks and am looking for a good hotel in Kowloon with club rooms and lounges... Anyone stayed in somewhere awesome? Please share!
It's an expensive hotel, but the RC club is awesome. There are five free feedings daily, something like breakfast, light lunch, afternoon tea, appetizers, and desserts. They have a variety of wines, including sparkling. Wine and small cold snacks are available overnight. Early evening includes cocktails with after dinner drinks later. It's a large and pleasant space with good views and a variety of separate rooms/seating areas. You also check in and out in the lounge.
Old May 27, 2015, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1k, Marriott Lifetime PE, Former DL Gold, Former SQ Solitaire, HH Gold
Originally Posted by vanessaqhc

It varies widely from site to site within a single chain. I use Marriott. I have been to great clubs at a JWM and lousy clubs.
Old May 27, 2015, 10:42 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I've had generally good expereiences at Grand Hyatts and mixed at Hyatt Regencies.
Old May 28, 2015, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
I had the option of a club room for an upcoming relaxation holiday. It was going to be an extra $100 a day for the 9 days. I asked husband if he could drink $100 worth of "free" booze a day to make it worth our while. He said... "ummm, I probably could!"
Old May 28, 2015, 3:31 am

Programs: AA (PLATINUM), HHonors (DIAMOND)

Hyatt as an overall brand offers some great Club Floor properties. Sheraton Hong Kong has a great Club Floor.
Old May 28, 2015, 6:04 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
For Hong Kong, I would highly recommend the Conrad Hong Kong.

The staff is outstanding as well as the views from the Club Floor rooms.

Here is a very extensive thread on the Conrad Hong Kong:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...-kong-hkg.html
Old May 28, 2015, 6:05 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Originally Posted by holtnow
I recommend the Sheraton, across from the Intercontinental and next to the Peninsula. Especially the rooms in the Tower section (essentially a separate hotel within the Sheraton) which are all club rooms. You get access to the lounge with a great evening cocktail hour(s) as well as the extensive breakfast on the top floor restaurant. My favorite was the prime breakfast steak in addition to some Asian items from the buffet. The view of the harbor is excellent. Best of all, these rooms are not much of a premium over the standard rooms and usually less than the Intercontinental.

Concur. The breakfast view is phenomenal.
Old May 28, 2015, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by flyer121
Hyatt as an overall brand offers some great Club Floor properties. Sheraton Hong Kong has a great Club Floor.
Do you mean the Towers or the lounge that Plats in nonTower rooms use?
Old May 28, 2015, 9:43 am

This is a pretty tricky question I think. I think there is so much to do in HK and so many great places to eat, do you want to really pick your hotel based on a lounge? How much more might you be paying to stay at a hotel to get a free breakfast? I couldn't imagine eating dinner in a lounge (in HK), nor would I arrange my schedule to get a free drink there either.

I would pick my hotel based on price, brand allegiance, location, room size, etc. We stayed at the IC Salisbury Rd. and paid for our breakfast. Our room was on points and we'd had 2 weeks of big breakfast buffets, so a simple order of eggs was quite fine by me.

Also, not sure what level of hotel you're paying for, but if you use a Virtuoso travel agent or something similar, you would be entitled to free breakfast, depending on the hotel of course. Something to think about.

Enjoy!
Old May 28, 2015, 10:47 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
As the OP is focused on Hong Kong choices, I'll move this to the appropriate forum for more discussion. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old May 28, 2015, 11:59 am

Programs: was UA 1K now Gold, cuz UA 1.3 MM; HA,DL,AS (no status in these), Marriott Gold
As a Marriott Gold member have used the Renaissance HarborView a couple of times; found hotel satisfactory, but the club room is a bit cramped.
Old May 30, 2015, 4:16 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Agreed on the Conrad. Not only is it a great hotel with really wonderful staff, but the lounge is excellent too. Decent food and beverage choices, opening hours that work well with any schedule and incredible views of the harbor. Plus, I think being on Hong Kong Island is a better location for staying in HK but I realize there's some disagreement on that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.