Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HK Hotel Club Room Experience and Choices

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2015, 11:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by CMK10
Agreed on the Conrad. Not only is it a great hotel with really wonderful staff, but the lounge is excellent too. Decent food and beverage choices, opening hours that work well with any schedule and incredible views of the harbor. Plus, I think being on Hong Kong Island is a better location for staying in HK but I realize there's some disagreement on that.
I used to work in Pacific Place and often popped into the Conrad for breakfast. Amazing service and staff, much better than you receive in much of HK and some of the best food I've eaten in HK too. Definitely recommended.

I also like the Island Shangri-La (just slightly closer to HK Park than the Conrad) for staying over in, and it was a favourite with colleagues visiting from London.
Old May 31, 2015, 11:26 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I took this at the Conrad, I called it...bread with a view

Old Jun 1, 2015, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
There are two very good points made here... HK has great food so do you really want to feel tied to the club lounge, and can you get better utility from the extra cash you will have to shell out?

For the wow factor, the Salisbury Road IC is great, but even somewhere like the Excelsior does a great job in keeping glasses topped up.

So if you can get a lounge that offers continental breakfast then a couple of beers and snacks in the evening for an extra USD20 that might be better than the all singing and dancing version for five times the price.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 3:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
There are two very good points made here... HK has great food so do you really want to feel tied to the club lounge, and can you get better utility from the extra cash you will have to shell out?

For the wow factor, the Salisbury Road IC is great, but even somewhere like the Excelsior does a great job in keeping glasses topped up.

So if you can get a lounge that offers continental breakfast then a couple of beers and snacks in the evening for an extra USD20 that might be better than the all singing and dancing version for five times the price.
I actually agree with you. I was only using the lounge at the Conrad by virtue of my Hilton Diamond status. I used it for breakfast (I like to start my travel days with breakfast at the hotel) and a late drink and small dessert. HK is not a city you should be taking all your meals at your hotel in.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 12:44 am

I was recommended Hyatt Regency there in HKG for its location but I read a post by OMAAT in which he says the breakfast was lame with hardly anything to eat.
That's shame if you book regency club room.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 12:22 am
Original Poster

I actually agree with you. I was only using the lounge at the Conrad by virtue of my Hilton Diamond status. I used it for breakfast (I like to start my travel days with breakfast at the hotel) and a late drink and small dessert. HK is not a city you should be taking all your meals at your hotel in.
Thanks for that. I do visit HK leisurely but sometimes it doesn't register in me... I just use the amenities on the floor. Hyatt seems pretty popular among all of you. I'll probably ask my TA about it!
Old Jul 18, 2015, 9:49 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Any input on a one night stay at IC HK vs. Conrad based on view and ease of getting to airport?

I'm Ambassador as well as Diamond. Since it's a Chase award cert, I think I need to buy up to Harbour view at IC HK. Conrad would also be award.

Don't care about lounge, just view and ease of getting to airport - we're taking one night in HK after a couple in Macao.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 12:05 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by beachfan
Any input on a one night stay at IC HK vs. Conrad based on view and ease of getting to airport?

I'm Ambassador as well as Diamond. Since it's a Chase award cert, I think I need to buy up to Harbour view at IC HK. Conrad would also be award.

Don't care about lounge, just view and ease of getting to airport - we're taking one night in HK after a couple in Macao.
IC HK is by far the best of the bunch in terms of view (and also in terms of club, IMO), but you have to be aware that you'll be paying dearly (upcharge to harbor view room, and for club if desired).

Personally, I dislike Conrad HK, but it's no worse than the Marriott or GH, and better than HR TST or Sheraton (although from the latter, you also have the desirable view of HK Island).

Not to be snarky (and not directed at any particular poster), note that there's extensive discussion about all of these properties in their respective forums.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 12:16 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
True, great threads and I read them. But no real direct comparisons between the two.

I thought the upgrade at the IC HK would be about $77 US per night based on one of the other threads.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 11:54 am

The airport is very easy to get to from the Conrad. You can take the bus that will drop you at Central Station or take a cheap cab (HK29 or so) to the station then catch the Airport Express. It's a very easy ride. You could even walk to the MTR and take the subway one station to the Airport Express.

Last edited by CMK10; Jul 20, 2015 at 6:07 am Reason: Typo
Old Jul 20, 2015, 12:44 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
The airport is very easy to get to from the Conrad. You can take the bus that will drop you at Central Station or take a cheap cab (HK290 or so) to the station then catch the Airport Express.
I guess there's a typo here - HK$290 gets you a cab pretty much all the way from the Conrad to the airport. From the Conrad to the Airport Express Station on HK Island should be no more than HK$30 (plus $5/bag in the trunk).
Old Jul 20, 2015, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by christep
I guess there's a typo here - HK$290 gets you a cab pretty much all the way from the Conrad to the airport. From the Conrad to the Airport Express Station on HK Island should be no more than HK$30 (plus $5/bag in the trunk).
Sorry about that I added an extra zero. Fixed it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.