Wiki Posts
Search

A Quick Weekend Trip

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2015, 8:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
A Quick Weekend Trip

So I'm headed down Easter Weekend from Seoul with my boyfriend who speaks Cantonese (and Mandarin). He's Malaysian Chinese, and he went once when he was 18. I went to HK last summer, but with an American friend, so we did the touristy stuff.

Reference: I'm 31. He's 25. As he's Malaysian Chinese, he's really missing Hong Kong dim sum in Seoul. I just want to eat F*kng everything while I'm there.

I'd love any local suggestions. You know, the kinds of places you like in your neighborhood that are super popular and delicious, but you'd never send an average tourist there because they can't speak the language.

Sure, normal food is important, but I'd also love to know about real nightlife. Cool bars, cheap drinking holes etc.

Feel free to use Chinese characters, obviously, I have a support team for that haha.

We're there Fri night until red eye back on Mon AM, so it's going to be fast and furious. Eat, eat, eat. Drink. Sleep. Eat. Shop. Repeat.

We're staying in Sheung Wan, but we'll go anywhere. Last time, I stayed on HK Island for activities, so I imagine we'll be spending a lot of time in Kowloon this trip.

Thanks!
Old Mar 15, 2015, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Sheung Wan - you can have many excellent local as well as SE Asian foods without walking more than a kilometer.

Last edited by tentseller; Mar 17, 2015 at 5:31 am
Old Mar 16, 2015, 9:32 pm

Lots of good places nearby. Personally love the claypot rice at Kwun Kee (坤記煲仔小菜), really good stuff. The Globe is a good spot for beers in a warm, pub atmosphere. They've got a ton of different beers from around the world. If the weather's okay, and you want a cheap pint in a plastic cup with a view of the harbour, head down to the Central ferry piers, and walk over to the Discovery Bay ferry pier. Beer Bay has a bunch of import beers, and it's cheap. Though you basically just stand outside. Maybe only if you're already nearby or taking the star ferry anyway

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.