Wiki Posts
Search

HK Int'l Airport Terminal 2 Arrivals

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2015, 1:59 am
Original Poster

HK Int'l Airport Terminal 2 Arrivals

Hi,

I've always flown into HKG airport via Terminal 1, but in a month my wife and I will be traveling on different flights to HKG and I just noticed her flight arrives at Terminal 2 (at roughly the same time my flight arrives at Terminal 1).

What would be the best way for us to meet up? Upon arrival, is there a way for her to get from Terminal 2 to Terminal 1? Or should we just go through customs ourselves and meet outside at Gathering Points A or B?

Thanks for your help in advance!
Old Feb 9, 2015, 3:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
All flights arrives in Terminal 1, if your flight is not apart for a long time, I would recommend to wait at the Pacific Coffee BEFORE IMMIGRATION, otherwise, I normally suggest people to wait at Starbucks (to the far left most of the terminal) or the Juice shop (to the right most of the terminal) for convenience.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply!

My wife is flying HK Express, and the itinerary shows that it is arriving at Hong Kong International Airport Terminal 2.

Are the 2 terminals connected before immigration? Or does Terminal 2 have its own immigration?
Old Feb 9, 2015, 1:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: None any more
There is only one set of immigration counters (albeit split between the two sides of the terminal). You could, if you wish, arrange to meet airside of immigration.

As ChrisLi says, Pacific Coffee airside of immigration on the arrivals level is as good a place as any to meet.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 1:33 pm

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
Originally Posted by yfking
My wife is flying HK Express, and the itinerary shows that it is arriving at Hong Kong International Airport Terminal 2.

Are the 2 terminals connected before immigration? Or does Terminal 2 have its own immigration?
Terminal 2 is not really a terminal. It's just a check-in hall together with shops, security entrance, emigration hall, and a westbound-only underground train stop going to two stops in Terminal 1. Terminal 2 has no gates and you can't arrive there.

All arrival procedures are in Terminal 1. Note that if you wait pre-immigration, you may risk not being able to claim your checked baggage as soon as they come out. (I'll let others speak about recent theft.)
Old Feb 9, 2015, 1:46 pm

Programs: Marco Polo
Terminal 2 is basically more of a shopping mall than a terminal. No flights arrive or depart from it as it has no gates. You can check in there however if your airlines desks are located there. It's connected to T1 by covered walkways and an underground train. T2 does not have immigration, all arriving pax will go through T1s immigration services. If I were you, I would proceed through immigration and claim your baggage and wait for her landside.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 6:33 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for everyone's replies! We'll decide on Pacific Coffee or baggage claim based on whether we have checked bags when we travel in a month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.