Wiki Posts
Search

Beware Occupy Movement

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2014, 9:19 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ, BA, TG, Sheba, VN, MPO since 1980
http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/a...gue-talks-drag
Online press comment on SCMP is infested with paid Wumao 50-Cent Trolls
DAB political party has been caught on camera issuing blue ribbons (paid anti Occupy protesters) to the public INSIDE Cheung Sha Wan police station
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=j6QNF1b2SfE
Free Groper

http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/a...christine-says

Rent-A-Thug Incitement to Riot – create an unlawful assembly – have police Comrades arrest the victims

'We were offered HK$500 to go to Mong Kok', Tin Shui Wai teen says’
Harry Lam is sure the message is genuine
Young people living in Tin Shui Wai say they have been offered cash to stir up trouble at the Mong Kok protest site and give police an excuse to make arrests. Harry Lam, a 19-year-old student who lives just outside Tin Shui Wai, one of the city's poorest districts, said he and some of his friends had received the offer by WhatsApp message on Thursday morning.
"We got offered HK$500 to go to Mong Kok, to tear down the signs and shout and make noise. They want us to make trouble so that the police have an excuse to stop the protest and arrest people," said Lam. He said he was sure the WhatsApp message was genuine as he knew of people accepting the offer and receiving the money. He suspected the money was coming from the mainland. "There are lots of people from the mainland living in Tin Shui Wai and some of them support China," said Lam. "Most people in Tin Shui Wai are good, but there are some people - I suppose you can call them triads - are not good people, they want to make trouble," said Lam. Another student, who did not wish to be named, said he had heard of sums as high as HK$800 for the day, and HK$2,000 to HK$3,000 for the protest period, being offered to attempt to create a riot. A poster listing the six rules of protest for students led with two pieces of advice: Keep calm; and don't attack the police or it will destroy the campaign. Reports of impending trouble at the Mong Kok protest site were circulating among students at the Admiralty and Causeway Bay sites on Thursday. "If we don't come out now and speak, we won't get democracy. But it is important that we do it peacefully - this is a peaceful protest, we can't let bad elements destroy what we have achieved so far," said Lam. Chloe Ng, 14, joined the Admiralty protest on Thursday but it had her mother worried. "I have only one word to describe CY: bad. I had to come out and see this for myself. This is an important time for Hong Kong," said Ng. Kate Whitehead SCMP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMi35bg6boA
Come get your DAB Blue Ribbon at Cheung Sha Wan police station
Pro-Beijing DAB member Tam Chiu-yee admitted that he invited 40 elderly to Cheung Sha Wan Police Station yesterday (3 Oct), where blue ribbons and leaflets were found distributed. But Tam denied that he has brought the elderly to the "Occupy" areas. Tam explained that the blue ribbons and the related stuff were only used "to cheer up police officers", and he believed that this would not affect police's impartiality towards politics.

http://therealnewshk.wordpress.com/2...bank-of-china/
They are currently all over the SCMP and other online sites with their paid spew

http://hongkong.coconuts.co/2014/09/...t-filming-teen
Old Oct 7, 2014, 4:13 pm

Programs: Delta DM 3+MM
Help please with A10 and A12 airport buses

I have followed all the very detailed postings on the citybus website and have the A10 and A12 bus routes. However, being unfamiliar with every road, I am still puzzled.

Bottom line is that I will be staying at the Courtyard Hong Kong and usually take A12 from and to the airport. Looks like I can also take A10.

Can anyone tell me if either or both of these buses are running on the Western side? From the airport, the stop for the Courtyard Hong Kong is Water Street -- stop #5 on the A12 route.

If not, any suggestions?
Old Oct 7, 2014, 4:26 pm

HKIA to Shenzhen(Futian)

Am arriving on 10/15 and was planning to take the bus to Sheraton Futian. Is this still be best route or should I be going by the ferry via Shekou instead?

Thanks!
Old Oct 7, 2014, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by lking
I have followed all the very detailed postings on the citybus website and have the A10 and A12 bus routes. However, being unfamiliar with every road, I am still puzzled.

Bottom line is that I will be staying at the Courtyard Hong Kong and usually take A12 from and to the airport. Looks like I can also take A10.

Can anyone tell me if either or both of these buses are running on the Western side? From the airport, the stop for the Courtyard Hong Kong is Water Street -- stop #5 on the A12 route.

If not, any suggestions?
http://www.nwstbus.com.hk/en/uploade...00_%208OCT.pdf
Old Oct 7, 2014, 4:52 pm

Marco Polo, I read that before I asked the question

I have followed that everyday, and am therefore asking the question. That does not tell me whether or not A10 or A12 runs. As I stated in my post, I don't know every street, that's the reason I'm asking for help.

I know the route the A12 bus takes from and to the airport to the hotel - Courtyard Hong Kong - which is on Water Street. The airport bus enters Hong Kong Island via the Western Harbor Crossing, then continues on to Water Street, then continues on.

Again, I've read the citybus website, but can't decipher whether the A10 or A12 runs to the Courtyard Hong Kong. Anyone know?
Old Oct 7, 2014, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat

If not, any suggestions?
Normally, without the protests, and road closure, both A10 and A12 can get you to the Courtyard. Currently, ONLY THE A10 can, since the A12 is rerouted.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 6:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by vinctong
Am arriving on 10/15 and was planning to take the bus to Sheraton Futian. Is this still be best route or should I be going by the ferry via Shekou instead?

Thanks!
That's a Wednesday so the lines at the checkpoints shouldn't be too bad (no guarantees though). The ferry is the fastest way to Shenzhen, but traffic between Shekou and Futian can cancel a lot of this advantage between 4p and 730p. Plus, the ferries don't operate as frequently as vans/buses. Shenzhen Bay is a good way to go because it is closer to HKIA than Huanggang, both HK and China are in the same building, and the taxi scene on the China side is slightly more civilized.

By the way, this thread is about protests in Central, Mongkok, Causeway Bay, etc; border crossings aren't relevant to such.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 6:57 pm

I have followed that everyday, and am therefore asking the question. That does not tell me whether or not A10 or A12 runs. As I stated in my post, I don't know every street, that's the reason I'm asking for help.

I know the route the A12 bus takes from and to the airport to the hotel - Courtyard Hong Kong - which is on Water Street. The airport bus enters Hong Kong Island via the Western Harbor Crossing, then continues on to Water Street, then continues on.

Again, I've read the citybus website, but can't decipher whether the A10 or A12 runs to the Courtyard Hong Kong. Anyone know?
Seems you did not (bother to) read from the update link I posted, it is quite clear - it goes east not west:
“A12: For Siu Sai Wan bound, after West Kowloon Highway, diverts via Jordan Road, Gascoigne Road, Chatham Road, Hong Chong Road, Cross Harbour Tunnel (diverted NOT WESTERN HARBOR) , Island Eastern Corridor and then resumes to its original routing.” So it goes nowhere near Western and is diverted.
Courtyard HK is at 167 Connaught Rd West
A10 route: http://www.nwstbus.com.hk/routesearc...39&intLangID=1
Stop 4: Connaught Garden 157 Connaught Rd West
Old Oct 7, 2014, 7:06 pm

rkkwan, thanks for the reply

Obviously you understand a traveler's dilemma. You answered my question completely.

Thank you again.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 9:48 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, B6, CX, KE, Latitude, VIFP, Crown & Anchor, etc.
Kowloon side (Mongkok) still closed to traffic

Amending - OC's simply consolidated their tents in Mongkok this morning and did some cleaning, moved their supplies - almost mistaken for vacating this area. # of protestors are down at all 3 sites (SCMP's doing the counts)

At the morning press conference - police/fire continued to report massive delays for surface transit (especially buses) in many affected area, and crowded MTR trains - appealing to OC to discontinue their illegal blockage and vowed to take necessary action when appropriate, etc.

For now, continue to stay tune to local news once on the ground & avoid Central/Admiralty, especially at rush hour. Airport Express trains are fine - might be better to walk the few blocks if the hotels are close enough.

Last edited by Letitride3c; Oct 7, 2014 at 11:00 pm
Old Oct 8, 2014, 3:14 am

Australian spice - the students will love this info

http://images.theage.com.au/file/201...=1412752076979
http://www.smh.com.au/national/cy-le...08-10rwp8.html
http://www.smh.com.au/national/cy-le...08-1135kq.html
http://www.smh.com.au/national/cy-le...08-11354i.html
http://www.smh.com.au/national/hong-...#ixzz3FXTuwdsz
Old Oct 8, 2014, 4:05 am

I have a sorta-tight layover (5 hours), but do need to visit two spots (Admiralty and Central). I am wondering what the current situation regarding the MTR. Will there be any additional wait let say to go from Hong Kong station (airport express) towards Admiralty. Is the situation even anywhere close to let say the impact of a typhoon?
Old Oct 8, 2014, 5:22 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau
Original Poster

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by Letitride3c
Amending - OC's simply consolidated their tents in Mongkok this morning and did some cleaning, moved their supplies - almost mistaken for vacating this area. # of protestors are down at all 3 sites (SCMP's doing the counts)
Oh whoops. I passed this message on to the cabbie taking me to lunch. He was estatic. Gave him false news then (not deliberately!)
Old Oct 8, 2014, 5:24 am
Original Poster

Reading the SMH and the Apple Daily versions, there doesn't appear to be prima facie illegality about the payment. Leung got the 7M as a non-compete, and this amount is due to him and not due to the creditors of the insolvent DTZ.

But it's a matter of optics, and won't help his credibility.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 5:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DL172
I have a sorta-tight layover (5 hours), but do need to visit two spots (Admiralty and Central). I am wondering what the current situation regarding the MTR. Will there be any additional wait let say to go from Hong Kong station (airport express) towards Admiralty. Is the situation even anywhere close to let say the impact of a typhoon?
Not if you stay in the MTR throughout.Can you hand carry/tow all your luggage?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.