Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Hong Kong and Macau
Reload this Page >

Hong Kong passport control closing time?

Old Sep 18, 2014, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

I'm looking to go into town and come back on one of the latest airport express trains. I am wondering if anyone knows what time security/passport control closes? I'd like to come back around midnight to 1am and go to one of the 24 hour lounges until my flight.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 2:18 pm

I think they do not close at all. At least there are plenty of flight that depart till 2 a.m. So midnite should not be a problem at all.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Might be stating the obvious but I assume you'll have your onward boarding pass (or be able to get it once back at the airport).
Old Sep 18, 2014, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
They do close, but very late. For today's schedule, last passenger flight is at at 2:20a (KA to Busan).
Old Sep 18, 2014, 11:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by rkkwan
They do close, but very late. For today's schedule, last passenger flight is at at 2:20a (KA to Busan).
They must also open quite early, being closed only a very small number of hours. They're certain to be open whenever the Airport Express is operating.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
HK Express has a 4:30a flight to Phuket on some days. So, passport control may actually not closed until very very late.

Otherwise, first flights are usually at 6:55a. HK Airlines to XMN and Scoot to SIN. Passport control and security probably reopens at around 5:30a. Which is before Airport Express for sure. There are "N" buses that arrives HKG throughout the night.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 1:28 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the help
Old Sep 19, 2014, 10:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
Few years ago I was catching the flight after watching Harry Porter from 12am (finished at 3am), head to the airport and Security opens at 05:30am

For closing, it close around gate close for final flight of the day (i.e. normally ~2am)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.