Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Can we access The Wing lounge? Timing question.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2014, 5:38 pm
Original Poster

We have a short layover in Hong Kong.

Will land at 8:30pm in HKG on CX in economy

Our departure is at 1:00am on CX in First Class

The Cathay Pacific website states that "The Wing will open at 5:30am until last flight departure. Operating hours (with limited service) may be extended, and is subject to flight schedule."

Does anyone know if we will be able to access The Wing in our time frame? Thanks.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 5:19 am

CX has flights depart later then 1 am each night so you will have access to F lounges prior to your departure.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zqsn5678
CX has flights depart later then 1 am each night so you will have access to F lounges prior to your departure.
Thank you so much!!
Old Aug 29, 2014, 8:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by yOyOYoo
We have a short layover in Hong Kong.

Will land at 8:30pm in HKG on CX in economy

Our departure is at 1:00am on CX in First Class
4.5 hours is more than enough time to head into town, get some real food/drink, and return to the airport. There's really no need to hang around the airport.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 6:21 am

Programs: BA - Blue
Originally Posted by moondog
4.5 hours is more than enough time to head into town, get some real food/drink, and return to the airport. There's really no need to hang around the airport.
Agree it is just about enough time to do it without rushing...but would only recommend for someone who knows HK reasonably well and knows exactly what they want/ where to go. Otherwise, it's a) a bit of pot-luck what you are going to get and b) a little too stressful/ and too late to appreciate much of the environs except the harbour if one ventures that way.

Since they OP is going to get into the Wing...the food is pretty decent there, and I would say it's worth at least one visit. Leave HK to a proper stay.

tb
Old Sep 6, 2014, 12:55 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Wing F lounge is better than most "real food/drink" you can get in town, fwiw. Plus there are the cabanas. Likely to be crowded though. As stated it is fully open during your layover. Closes 2-ish most days (the close time is basically for cleaning and maintenance).
Old Sep 7, 2014, 2:08 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

As this topic relates specifically to CX, this thread has been moved to the Cathay Pacific | Asia Miles forum.

Prospero
Senior Moderator
Old Sep 7, 2014, 4:22 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
you get decent time staying in the lounge. not worth the effort to get in town esp if this is your first time round (ud want to have a shower before or after ur flight anyways id suppose)
Old Sep 14, 2014, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by number_6
Wing F lounge is better than most "real food/drink" you can get in town, fwiw. Plus there are the cabanas. Likely to be crowded though. As stated it is fully open during your layover. Closes 2-ish most days (the close time is basically for cleaning and maintenance).
Yep - when flying to DXB on CX745 (1:30am departure) about 2 weeks ago, I was informed that the Wing would be the last to close out of the HKG lounges.

I wanted a lounge that was a bit closer to the departure gate, so I stayed in the Bridge lounge. That one apparently closes at 12:45am according to lounge staff, but I was only kicked out at 1am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.