Search

Jenny's Bakery

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2014, 6:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance - AC
Jenny's Bakery

The lineups are getting ridiculous.

Yes, they are pretty good cookies. The cans are cute and they make pretty good (albeit heavy) gifts. There are counterfeits available everywhere and resellers are marking up the cans by 100 HKD per can.

Lineup on Monday was easily a couple hundred people which supposedly started at 7 am. I arrived at 8:30 am and the lineup was already half way down the street.

Finally get to the end of the line and they are sold out of the cookies I want and ended up settling for the butter cookies.

Now they have a maximum of 5 tins per adult and they tell you that if you want to buy more, come back tomorrow. (I needed 6 tins) - sigh

Is there any other decent gifts (uniquely Hong Kong) options without this hassle?
Old Jul 24, 2014, 10:40 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz 5*, IHG RA, Hyatt Diamond, Amex Plat, SPG Gold
Jenny's cookies are the product of great marketing to the mainland Chinese. Most of the local HK folks laugh when you mention Jenny's Cookies and the long lines. They are run of the mill shortbread cookies that really aren't special outside of the seasonal tin.

I went to the one in TST (Mirador Mansion) and it was empty at 11am on a Tuesday. The lines usually correlate with holidays. If your time is worth the $10, watch a flipper buy the tins and buy them right away so you know they aren't counterfeits.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 12:41 pm

They're quite delicious but not worth the time to line up. But these things come and go in waves, just like some of the ramen places that were deserted months after a spectacular opening.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.