Reload this Page >

HK Hotels - having doubts about Intercontinental

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HK Hotels - having doubts about Intercontinental

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2014, 3:16 am

The only downside is the construction going on next door. I don't know how loud it is, but its a fairly big site. Otherwise I wouldn't hesitate to stay there.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 3:50 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
I don't see this on the IHG website, but does Ambassador give access to the IC club at IC properties? Reason I ask is because on the room upgrade confirmation I got there's also info on 1300HKD+ for club access per day, which seems like a hefty amount.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Originally Posted by phol
The only downside is the construction going on next door. I don't know how loud it is, but its a fairly big site. Otherwise I wouldn't hesitate to stay there.
I did not hear a thing during all the times I've been to the IC in 2012 to early this year. And not in my harbor-facing suite, or guess room, on my wedding night and subsequent morning in end of 2012. Or any other time in any of the restaurant since then.

So, unless one's getting a city-facing room, one really shouldn't notice anything once inside the hotel.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by phol
Yep - Big skyscraper going up next door.

Old Jul 25, 2014, 3:11 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Does anyone know how many floors the IC has?
Old Jul 25, 2014, 5:24 pm

Programs: VA Silver, QF FF, Priority Club
Originally Posted by agp423
Does anyone know how many floors the IC has?
You can count them on the photo in the post above
Old Jul 26, 2014, 6:40 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

I emailed the IC and they said the Superior room highest floor is 15, but Deluxe is 17... But I don't think the building itself only has 17 floors, and I don't know if the first floor only count as floor 1, or 1-2, or 1-3? Are all suites above 17?
Old Jul 26, 2014, 7:01 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by wideman
To get to anywhere that's part of the ultra-charged city life of the city, you need to walk down a driveway that was built for cars not pedestrians, then make your way over or under the road.
There's a very pleasant pedestrian footpath that runs parallel to the drive, with nice landscaping, water features etc. You don't need to walk down the driveway with the cars.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 7:56 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, B6, CX, KE, Latitude, VIFP, Crown & Anchor, etc.
The hotel under construction next door by the New World Group is 63 stories high and scheduled to be ready or open in 2015.

The actual IC floor counts of 17 is about right - the grand lobby/main hotel entrance is really on floor #2 or #3 coming up the long driveway/water fountain (at least in the old days where we used to walk to/from the connecting mall and New World Hotel) Don't recall if they skipped unlucky (for many) 13 and/or 14 - so the highest floor might be numbered 18 or 19 (someone else could clarify that for OP)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:HK..._FrontView.JPG

All of the the corner suites on the higher floors are nice and of course, the ones with the harbour view. BTW, IC runs a free shuttle bus to the nearby MTR station via Middle Road every 20 minutes or so from morning to evening, but not to AE Station (to/from - take a cheap taxi as the AE shuttle stop is too, too far away with luggage) With the tropical heat & humidity, you will be sweating like a hog doing the walking exercise, IMO.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 7:44 pm

Programs: FT
personally, I'd stay at a better hotel and enjoy the view from in front of the IC. I also don't really like the area. It's a little grubby. But that's just me. I like causeway bay the best but there is really no five stars there.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 4:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by hkskyline
Yep - Big skyscraper going up next door.

OT but will the skyscraper block views from the Sheraton?
Old Jul 30, 2014, 4:57 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by agp423
I don't see this on the IHG website, but does Ambassador give access to the IC club at IC properties? Reason I ask is because on the room upgrade confirmation I got there's also info on 1300HKD+ for club access per day, which seems like a hefty amount.
No, it does not. I was not given access though I was a Royal Ambassador at the time.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 6:15 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
OT but will the skyscraper block views from the Sheraton?
No. Sheraton's the block with the China Construction Bank logo.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 2:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Looking carefully from the Island Eastern Corridor just now, the new building is about equidistance from the IC, Sheraton and the Kowloon Shangri-La. At the eastern end of the original New World Centre plot.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 8:05 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by rkkwan
Looking carefully from the Island Eastern Corridor just now, the new building is about equidistance from the IC, Sheraton and the Kowloon Shangri-La. At the eastern end of the original New World Centre plot.
Optical illusion surely? Fairly certain it's a much longer walk from Kowloon Shangri-la than it is from the IC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.