Hotel suggestions in Tsim Sha Tsui

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel suggestions in Tsim Sha Tsui

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2014, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Total ghost town these days, like Yogi Berra said it's so crowded nobody goes there any more.

Thought price wasn't a huge concern. Definitely a bit of a comedown from the Peninsula/Intercontinental/Shangri-La/Sheraton.

Mirador Mansions and Chungking Mansions are also centrally located with easy access to the MRT in TST...
Ok, If you want to get away from the 2 extremes you mentioned, there are endless options left. TST has 152 hotels as per booking.com A good one with sometimes prices clearly under 1000 HK$ is the Hotel Panorama by Rhombus. But it can be as expensive as over 3000 HK$ on peak request days.

Last edited by HKtraveller; Apr 17, 2014 at 5:41 pm
Old Apr 17, 2014, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Fair enough. Butterfly on Prat would be another option as well. Local chains often have better deals in the mid-tier than the big Western chains.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
I believe I responded to the OP on another forum, where he asked about the hotel "closest to MTR" in Tsim Sha Tsui. I believe he's on business trip, so budget isn't a concern and simply look up some forums and see that "Tsim Sha Tsui" is convenient.

Seriously, if someone else is paying, then just stay at the Peninsula. And who cares if it takes a few more steps to get to the Tsuen Wan Line trains than the Holiday Inn Golden Mile?

But even more seriously, if he's on business trip, where is business conducted? If it's in Central, then it'd be silly to have to squeeze onto the MTR at 8:45 in Tsim Sha Tsui. Much better to stay in Central/Admiralty.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 9:32 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by rkkwan

But even more seriously, if he's on business trip, where is business conducted? If it's in Central, then it'd be silly to have to squeeze onto the MTR at 8:45 in Tsim Sha Tsui. Much better to stay in Central/Admiralty.
I used the Star Ferry plenty of times when the former Central pier was open; Exit right at the Mandarin Oriental in Central. Sure, you can take that long, elevated pedestrian walkway from the newer piers and pass through buildings right up to Queen's Road Central now, but I still have thoughts every now and then of being able to walk from TST to that part of town. How long is that ferry ride these days, seven or eight minutes?

Naive as those thoughts may be, if they can do it in Kingston, NY, USA...

(I'm going to use the pretext that it's been too long since my last HK visit)
Old Apr 17, 2014, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
I used the Star Ferry plenty of times when the former Central pier was open; Exit right at the Mandarin Oriental in Central. Sure, you can take that long, elevated pedestrian walkway from the newer piers and pass through buildings right up to Queen's Road Central now, but I still have thoughts every now and then of being able to walk from TST to that part of town. How long is that ferry ride these days, seven or eight minutes?
The ferry ride is short. 5 minutes in general. But it's a fairly long walk to Landmark Forum/HSBC, etc...
Old Apr 18, 2014, 9:32 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento

Naive as those thoughts may be, if they can do it in Kingston, NY, USA...

(I'm going to use the pretext that it's been too long since my last HK visit)
Not the worst idea if your business is in the IFC. But then why not stay at the FS?

It's a walk to anywhere in Admrialty or even central/eastern Central (Landmark/HSBC/Bank of China etc) though...Mandarin Oriental would be a better choice then, or Landmark MO.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
I find morning crossing from Central or Wan Chai to TST via ferry and then taxi very relaxing compared to MTR.

But if it is a business trip staying near the business location (IFC, ICC, Central or Admiralty) make sense.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.