Wiki Posts
Search

Turbojet Premier or First Ferry Deluxe?

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2010, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3 Gold, AA Plat
Turbojet Premier or First Ferry Deluxe?

What is the difference between Turbojet's Premier Jetfoil, the Premier class to be exact, and First Ferry's Deluxe Class? Food? Seats? Baggage allowance? Clean? I will be taking a ferry to Macau if that's important. Thanks!
Old May 25, 2010, 8:04 pm

Programs: MPC
forget the food, it's crap or worse. A 45 min trip which you wish would end instantly.
Old May 25, 2010, 8:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
+1 forget about the food. I may opt for premier only because the seat is better. Afterall it's a short ride
Old May 26, 2010, 10:44 am

Programs: Solitarie PPS, Marco Polo Gold, Mileage Plus Premier
No doubt about it, Boeing product is far more better at all time, especially the stability, bank left or bank right, etc...just get on the Premier Jetfoil...!

1st premier jetfoil "Funchal" (Boeing 929-115-013)
2nd premier jetfoil "Terceira" (Boeing 929-115-012)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TurboJET

Some of the interior cabin shots:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...74789121&op=90

New World 1st Ferry only have catamarans which is shaky when it encounters any incoming sea waves...!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_World_First_Ferry
Old May 29, 2010, 4:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, CX MPC GLD, MR PLT, SPG PLT, National Exec.
Turbojet Premier all the way.
Old May 29, 2010, 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by aa767flyer
Turbojet Premier all the way.
+1.

Definitely the Premier Jetfoil.

http://www.turbojet.com.hk/eng/premier/premier.html
Old May 30, 2010, 5:42 am

Programs: CX SL, AB Gold, AF/KL FB Silver, HU/HX Silver, SPG Gold
Although I do recommend TurboJet over First Ferry, note that NWFF can provide a free upgrade to Deluxe Class between 24 May 2010 to 30 June 2010 (details: http://www.nwff.com.hk/eng/promotion/42/)
Old May 30, 2010, 10:01 am

Programs: United, AA Gold, InsideFlyer subscriber
Let us not forget about the helicopter option! Or was that from HK to the mainland? Either way it wasn't outrageous; just not practical given the cost of the ferry.
Old May 30, 2010, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by midnightio
Let us not forget about the helicopter option! Or was that from HK to the mainland? Either way it wasn't outrageous; just not practical given the cost of the ferry.
You're referring to Sky Shuttle. Cost is HKD 2600 each way between HK and Macau with a HKD 200 surcharge for weekends and holidays. The heliport is at the HK-Macau Ferry Terminal in Sheung Wan.
Old May 31, 2010, 1:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by yyzvoyageur
You're referring to Sky Shuttle. Cost is HKD 2600 each way between HK and Macau with a HKD 200 surcharge for weekends and holidays. The heliport is at the HK-Macau Ferry Terminal in Sheung Wan.
If you have any baggage, you'll get killed on the fees! Free baggage allowance is only 7 kgs (15.4 lbs).
Old Jun 29, 2010, 3:10 am

Programs: Asia Miles
Why don't you try CotaiJet? The boats are much newer, leather seats, cleaner boats but it takes you to a different ferry pier in Macau though.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by hdsfs
Why don't you try CotaiJet? The boats are much newer, leather seats, cleaner boats but it takes you to a different ferry pier in Macau though.
Newer doesn't mean it is better, they are still catamaran. I don't care how new is the boat or give me a nice meal, if the ride is so rough you are going to vomit everything you eat anyways. For people don't travel often at sea, especially rough seas when there is strong east wind in winter or strong southwest wind in summer, it is very easy to get sea sick, remember the suggestion is for a visitor to Hong Kong, not a local.

Only turbojet's jetfoils and foilcats can provide a smoother ride as they both fly above the water.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 3:39 am
r-7

Programs: TG / UA / SPG
I had experience both Turbojet premier class and First Ferry deluxe class product and found First Ferry seat to be more comfortable. FYI if you plan on taking ferry from Macau back to Hong Kong International airport, they will need to see the print out copy of your airline e-ticket when you check-in at Macau ferry terminal.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 8:40 pm

The Premier Jetfoil is no longer that exclusive, since May 2011 they reinstated Economy Class back into these Jetfoils along with renaming their Premier Class as Super Class.

It's basically, taking the upper deck Premier Class and converting it back into Economy Class by removing the premium seat covers. They still have the Premier Grand seats in the upper deck, in the front on both sides of the cabin (by the stairs enclosure). But I find that this kind of arrangement is not really the best for the crew, since they have to carry the meals up the stairs through possibly turbulent waters.

A lot of times the Premier Grand Class doesn't fill up in the main deck (40 seats in total, 12 of which are in the Upper Deck). I think they should revert back to the same upper deck configuration as the Regular Jetfoil.

The Jetfoil overall whether Premier or Regular, they're both very stable and comfortable. Super Class in the Premier Jetfoil, the seats aren't really any better than Economy Class, it's just the less stuffy environment and surroundings that makes it more comfortable.

Premier Grand, the seats aren't really any wider, the food is pretty standard fare out of a restaurant; at least it doesn't look like take out. But if you want the roomiest seats, go for the dual seats on the sides of the cabin, as those have quite a bit more legroom than the seats of 4 in the middle.

If you don't mind the reduced recline, you can go for 3 AC, 4 DEHJ and 3 KM seats, as these have the bulkhead behind the seats. But basically avoid 1 DEHJ if you want to stretch your legs out, as these have limited legroom and no room to stretch.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 12:11 am

+1 for Premier Jetfoil. It has much smoother ride compared to the catamarans. I've been on trips where people were getting sick on the catamarans in rough weather.

I don't think the seat class upgrade is worth it for a 45 minute ride though. The real benefit of the upgrade IMO is that the crew lets you off before economy class so you get a head start to race to the immigration lines which can be very long if you are a foreigner.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.