Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Hong Kong and Macau
Reload this Page >

Which bank in HK is fee friendly while outside of HK?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2011, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA lifetime GOLD, but still an AA Baby compare to people here. CX nobody. BR Silver.

Not sure which forum to post. I might need someone to help.
I am going to get some income from a company in HK, but I will stay in US/Taiwan/China most of the time.
Which bank in HK is fee friendly for oversea ATM, international wire, and etc?

Thanks

yuchung5
Old Jul 18, 2011, 5:09 pm

If you qualify for the Premier banking package with HSBC in the USA, in Taiwan or in China, you can open a fee-free account with HSBC in Hong Kong with no minimum balance. They can get you a HK credit card too.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 6:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA lifetime GOLD, but still an AA Baby compare to people here. CX nobody. BR Silver.
Thank you very much.
I just noticed that Citigold also has similar service.
Thanks a lot.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by yyzvoyageur
If you qualify for the Premier banking package with HSBC in the USA, in Taiwan or in China, you can open a fee-free account with HSBC in Hong Kong with no minimum balance. They can get you a HK credit card too.
With HSBC Premier you can also get accounts in Taiwan and China and many more countries. You can move your funds betwen the accounts free of charge, in many countries with Global Transfer (not applicable to China and Macau to name 2) funds are instantly available.
Vietnam (50k US$)and China (500k RMB) are the 2 Countries in Asia where you can get premier status with significantly less balance.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 10:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HKtraveller
With HSBC Premier you can also get accounts in Taiwan and China and many more countries. You can move your funds betwen the accounts free of charge, in many countries with Global Transfer (not applicable to China and Macau to name 2) funds are instantly available.
Vietnam (50k US$)and China (500k RMB) are the 2 Countries in Asia where you can get premier status with significantly less balance.
This sounds good. But I don't have USD$100K. I do have Citigold. I will try to understand their program and compare with HSBC Premier.

Thanks, everyone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.