Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Hong Kong and Macau
Reload this Page >

Good Men's Haircut that's not too expensive?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Good Men's Haircut that's not too expensive?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2012, 12:32 am
Suspended

Programs: QFF SG, VA SL, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond
these guys are good if you are looking for modern style haircuts as opposed to some of the local 'interpretations' http://www.thestrandhk.com/ about $500 and they do a wicked scalp massage also
Old Nov 27, 2012, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
I don't need fuss.

I go to QB House.. found all over Singapore and Hong Kong (42 outlets now)

HK$50 for a quick cut. And they're good !

http://www.qbhouse.com/hk/en/
Old Nov 27, 2012, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
I don't need fuss.

I go to QB House.. found all over Singapore and Hong Kong (42 outlets now)

HK$50 for a quick cut. And they're good !

http://www.qbhouse.com/hk/en/
And you can pay by Octopus!!
Old Dec 3, 2012, 8:54 pm

I go to this place under the escalator near the bottom.

http://www.minadevwil.com

They recently upped their prices to $148 but do a very decent job for a Chinese outfit.

I keep meaning to go to QB House then wimping out at the last minute in fear of the shaved sides and untouched top look.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 6:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
right... i go to a place under the central escalators next to snake king fun. aim sub HKD200 if you dont go for the head stylist. My hair is just a mess if anyone else touches it....
Old Dec 17, 2014, 2:15 am

Programs: CX Diamond / SQ Gold / Bonvoy Platinum / Hyatt Globalist / Hilton Gold
Any more recommendations?

I want something in the "under HK$400" range - I need a haircut every 3 weeks.

My current barber (in one of the salons at Festival Walk) hasn't been doing a good job lately and I'm looking for something near Central.

With my price range, it excludes the Mandarin Oriental and Toni & Guy or the Strand.

I need a good wash and massage. So QB house isn't an option.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 2:40 am

Originally Posted by Psychiatrist
Any more recommendations?

I want something in the "under HK$400" range - I need a haircut every 3 weeks.

My current barber (in one of the salons at Festival Walk) hasn't been doing a good job lately and I'm looking for something near Central.

With my price range, it excludes the Mandarin Oriental and Toni & Guy or the Strand.

I need a good wash and massage. So QB house isn't an option.
For HK$400 with wash and massage in Central I think maybe the Barber Shop on Wellinton Street. They charge HK$330.

You could may try Essentuals on Wellington Street?

New barber shop has opened on Pedder St, but I think they charge HK$450.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 1:52 am

Programs: Motel 6 Super Diamond
I just went to QBhouse in Sheung Wan and loved the experience, quick in and out, no fuss, no appts needed/taken and loved the vacuum at the end, no stray hair at all afterwards. I think this would do well outside Asia as well, seems like they're expanding.

Do note the machines only take bills and don't give change, it was HK$60 as of Nov 2015 (but the website should have current prices). The machines do not accept coins, thankfully I had enough in small bills. No credit cards accepted.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 12:27 pm

Programs: Marco Polo Diamond, Flying Blue Platinum for Life, GHA Black, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Matthew330Ci
I just went to QBhouse in Sheung Wan and loved the experience, quick in and out, no fuss, no appts needed/taken and loved the vacuum at the end, no stray hair at all afterwards. I think this would do well outside Asia as well, seems like they're expanding.

Do note the machines only take bills and don't give change, it was HK$60 as of Nov 2015 (but the website should have current prices). The machines do not accept coins, thankfully I had enough in small bills. No credit cards accepted.
+1

I have been three times to their shop at Tsrung Kwan O MTR and my wife tells me it is the best cut I have had for years. I paid with Octopus, HKD 60 like you say. I think it's a great set-up.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 2:49 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cyby
I'm a frequent traveler to HK so I ought to know this but I don't...

I'd like to hear about recommendations for a decent men's haircut that's not too expensive. I'm paying $100 a haircut here in NYC (and worth every penny), but obviously would like to pay a good bit less...

Thanks!
NYC chinatowns - $10-$13 USD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.