Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors And Putting In Your AAA 16 Digit #

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Honors And Putting In Your AAA 16 Digit #

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2010, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Sounds like a real pain HamptonInsider. BTW, is there a single Hilton IT entity or one for each brand? From what I can see using business center systems and the web, it appears it is all run by different groups with no similarities, other than poor implementation.

I use to work for a Fortune 100 computer manufacturer and we had the same problems... Everyone left to their own demise.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hate to go to far OT here, but I used the 430 trick, and I can save about $50/night.

Now I need an AAA membership.

I like the idea of AAA, but both of our cars have assistance packages already from the manufacturers.

So I just need the least expensive AAA membership out there. Are there discounts for AAA itself? I'm in LA, and here it seems to be $48/year. Can I get one elsewhere for less?

Thanks.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Pat89339
You can use the Team USA Advantage site and on the Dates and Preferences page they use the old check the box for AAA. They also have a box to fill in the number, but I never do and I stlil see the AAA rates. Sometimes the Team USA Advantage rates are better than AAA, but right now the Visa 25% of seems to be the best.
Anyone can use this? No ID needed?
Old Jan 22, 2011, 5:29 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond; My Mom's Favorite Kid
Originally Posted by josephstern
Hate to go to far OT here, but I used the 430 trick, and I can save about $50/night.

Now I need an AAA membership.

I like the idea of AAA, but both of our cars have assistance packages already from the manufacturers.

So I just need the least expensive AAA membership out there. Are there discounts for AAA itself? I'm in LA, and here it seems to be $48/year. Can I get one elsewhere for less?

Thanks.
If you can save $50/night, then purchasing a $48/year membership has already paid for itself. Frankly, I save myself and my insurance company a few hundred dollars a year but using a AAA discount.

Why cheap out? Just buy the membership. Then you can legitimately take the discounts.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by It'sHip2B^2
If you can save $50/night, then purchasing a $48/year membership has already paid for itself. Frankly, I save myself and my insurance company a few hundred dollars a year but using a AAA discount.

Why cheap out? Just buy the membership. Then you can legitimately take the discounts.
+1

AAA membership is a great investment and it pays for itself and then some. You get discounts at restaurants and tons of other places too. For example, if you go to Pier 39 in San Francisco and check in at the Visitor Center, you get a coupon book that gives you discounts at the shops, free appetizers at restaurants, 2 free hours of parking and more.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by It'sHip2B^2

In the end, I got a better rate from the Team USA Advantage portal, so I'm using that.

Wish I know about that years ago . . .
Old Jan 23, 2011, 10:24 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by josephstern
In the end, I got a better rate from the Team USA Advantage portal, so I'm using that.
Having to input the 16 digit AAA memberhsip # when checking for AAA rates is a real PITA. SPG and Hyatt don't require this ridiculous step.

I've been using the MVP rates for most of my domestic Hilton stays. Rarely is AAA rate any better, so I have avoided having to input the AAA membership number when checking rates.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 11:47 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CIT85
Having to input the 16 digit AAA memberhsip # when checking for AAA rates is a real PITA. SPG and Hyatt don't require this ridiculous step.
My guess is Hilton corp thought that it would easier to have consumers enter their 16 digit AAA # rather than train Hilton personnel how to actually ask to see the consumer's AAA card when they check in. Probably a good choice as they can't train their front desk worth a darn.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 12:09 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
if you use Mozilla firefox for your browser, it will save ANYTHING you fill in any form, if you want it too.

I just click the box, and it will fill in the number. Not to mention, firefox is much quicker than IE.

Now what are these are other sites, MVP and team AAA that are spoke of!!
Old Jan 24, 2011, 7:27 am

Programs: Virtuoso Travel Advisor. FSPP, Ritz STARS, Rosewood Elite, Belmond BelliniClub. SPG PRO
Originally Posted by etsmyers
... if you want it too....
That being the primary part of your answer.

Also, for the record. It does check to make sure the number is valid. You can not put in random digits. But it never checks if it is actually yours. I have used a co-workers number when I can't reach my wife for our number at times.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA Plat / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by crabbing
what i find most annoying is that i have to re-enter my aaa number every single time. this is the kind of information that can easily be saved in my profile.
I agree. My biggest pet peeve with Hilton.com

That being said, I have never had a problem inputting and having the system accept my AAA number.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 3:31 pm

AAA number, have to keep entering it!

You would think with the new web page design, they would have fixed the fact that it does not retain your AAA number. You check to save it, it is a crap shoot if it will be there for your next reservation. It is a PIA to go into my wallet, find the card and enter it again, and again, and again......
Old Feb 20, 2017, 3:51 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Devalued Diamond, Hertz President's Club
could not agree more.....you check 'REMEMBER ME' next to it - never matters. Sometimes it sticks on the webpage but never on the App.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 8:05 pm

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
same thing happens with the AARP number.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 11:15 am

Programs: WN A+/CP, DL Gold, AA Platinum, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marr Lifetime Gold, National EE, AVIS President
I had to actually edit my profile in order to have my AAA, AARP, and TA information to "stick" consistently. I think that the "remember me" just stores it in a persistent browser cookie. If your browser history is ever cleared then it will not have remembered the information.

To me, "remember me" means exactly that; always remember what I selected. The website, at least, seems to treat "remember me" to mean "for as long as this browser doesn't delete the cookies" or "for as long as this private or other browser session is not ended".

I expected it to be saved. Hilton expected that they'd "remember" it for some arbitrary period of time.

When I finally put all that information in my profile I no longer had the issue. There is definitely some issue with the wording and the expectation from the user. Maybe they can put "Remember me, maybe?"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.