Wiki Posts
Search

Hampton Inn Warsaw {US-IN}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2008, 7:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Arrow Hampton Inn Warsaw {US-IN}

Couldn't find any threads on the Hampton Inn Warsaw, so I decided to start a new one to review this property after the 35-or-so nights I've spent here over the summer.

As I understand, there used to be a Hampton Inn & Suites somewhere else in town, but it closed - I hear it was getting pretty run down. This property appears to be brand new and is, as far as I can tell, the best chain property in Warsaw. There is a very old Holiday Inn which I had the misfortune of staying at one night (see below), a Ramada which I hear terrible things about from my client, and then a handful of other random motels. So I think it's pretty safe to say that this is the best game in town.

PROS:
-The staff at this hotel is extremely friendly and welcoming, and are go out of their way to make sure that your stay is pleasant. We spent a lot of time at this hotel and everyone always made us feel very welcome.
-Hotel is brand new - all of the rooms that I stayed in were always in excellent shape
-Hotel is always very clean
-There is a small, indoor pool with a whirlpool
-Always have plenty of breakfast bags ready to go (never once had the hot breakfast, but it looked like the typical Hampton spread)
-Lobby area is welcoming
-Noa Noa (pretty good seafood restaurant) is within walking distance of the hotel

CONS:
-Fitness center is a tad small, with only three cardio machines (bike, treadmill, elliptical) and nothing else
-Many of the rooms on the east-facing side of the building have very bright lights shining in them at night from the parking lot, but these are easily blocked out by the curtains

This hotel seems to do a terrific business and is frequently sold out. The only negative experience I ever had at the hotel was one night when I showed up at 4AM (with a reservation) and was walked to the rundown Holiday Inn across the street. But, it really wasn't that bad of an experience as the staff was very caring about the whole thing and made sure that my points/stay credit posted to my account and of course my room charges were paid for by Hampton that night. The staff is a great asset to this hotel.

There's not a whole lot going on in town, but here are my Warsaw Tips:
-There are a couple of good restaurants down on Winona Lake. The best, in my experience, is Cerulean. Boathouse is also pretty good, and Noa Noa (not on the Lake, but walking distance to the hotel) is also very good.
-If you're looking to walk/run outside, there is a nice walking trail down by Winona Lake which goes through the woods. There are maps for it if you drive down to the park.
-The bar right by the hotel, Spikes, usually gets a pretty decent crowd when it's open.
-Conley's Barber Shop down by Winona Lake gives a good, fast, friendly haircut for just $10

And that's it for Warsaw.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.