Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn South Bend {US-IN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Garden Inn South Bend {US-IN}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2008, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
Arrow Hilton Garden Inn South Bend {US-IN}

Did a search on South Bend and didn't get a single hit.

I've got a two night stay at this property in February (yes, great time to visit SB ). Anyone stayed here?

I've stayed at the Marriott downtown, which is a nice hotel, but always on the prowl for more Hilton points.
Old Jan 25, 2008, 6:01 am

South Bend

It is very nice. Only open since fall. Food very good. Restaurant continually evolving. Both of us really enjoyed food. Cookies @ check in. Had room with individual whirlpool tub, not visible when door opened (nice if in use), but still within room area. Flat screen TV, Refrig, Micro. Convenient location to Michigan St and direct shot over to Douglas Road, ND Area. Located right behind the St Mary's Inn. We'll stay again.
Old Jan 25, 2008, 12:05 pm

Programs: Onetime bmi * Gold lifetime membership, BA Gold, HH Diamond, Starwood Gold
I stayed there in November. It's a new build and the rooms are fresh as a result. Beware though as building is taking place very close to the hotel - within about 3 metres - which can result in noise in some rooms. Also, from a European perspective, the hotel is in the middle of nowhere with few nearby eateries. I was upgraded to a junior suite on arrival but changed as these do not have bath tubs. Food was above average for a Garden Inn and I'd stay again on balance but the choice of accommodation in South Bend is limited...
Old Aug 24, 2011, 7:12 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-ber-elite status
Just had a one night stay there. The rooms still feel very new, I actually thought the hotel was just built. Has the more contemporary HGI decor, which I much prefer.

Upgraded to a jr suite, which was nice, but the sleeping area was a bit cramped and it was hard to get the HVAC temp right. I'd probably opt for a regular room, if I stayed there again.

Food at breakfast was excellent, but service was lacking. Server and chef nowhere to be found when we got there, finally server came out, and had to call the chef from the back. Didn't have dinner at the restaurant, but menu looked pretty good.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 1:25 pm

Programs: Marriott and British Airways
Very nice Hilton Garden Inn in a new area with shops and movie theatre.
Rooms are big and only 3 minutes drive to Bend downtown.
The area is great for walking, there is a nice lake.
Frontdesk was also great in service.

Old Aug 3, 2015, 9:40 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
ITravelElite, I am a bit confused by your post.

The Hilton Garden Inn South Bend is located on St Mary's Campus adjacent to the entrance for the Indiana Toll Road.

St. Mary's Lake and St. Joseph's Lake are both indeed great places to take a stroll or a run, and are located across the street at the University of Notre Dame.

However, to my knowledge there are no shops or movie theatre nearby to this hotel. There are a few fast food joints on the other side of the Toll Road Entrance, but that is about it.

Eddy Street Commons is a recent mixed used development nearby, but it is a little over two miles away from this property, at the entrance to Notre Dame. However, there is no movie theatre there (at least not in the traditional sense of one).
Old Aug 3, 2015, 11:00 pm

Programs: Marriott and British Airways
I stayed at SW Bluffstreet 425.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 11:24 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
That explains it then. I didn't think the photos looked like St. Mary's Campus.

The property you stayed at is in Bend, Oregon.

The property in this thread is located in South Bend, Indiana (home to the University of Notre Dame).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.