Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2006, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Rewards Gold, Hhonors diamond, Delta platinum
Arrow DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport {US-CA}

Just returned from a 3 night stay at the Ontario airport Doubletree booked as a result of a direct mail offering double points and miles. The mailing stated "The Newly Renovated Doubletree Hotel....".

Major renovations are taking place right now but are no where near complete. My room was a tired, worn, and noisy 70's style room.

Suggest waiting until after the first of the year and confirming remodel is finished.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 9:30 am

Tell me if you get double points and miles. I got neither, despite booking a rate that said (right on my confirmation), "DBL PTS/MILES."

I wrote to the Diamond desk. They claimed the promotion had expired. I swear, the confirmation e-mail said "DBL PTS/MILES." Anyway, they gave me some extra points (more than double, less than triple), and I just let it go.

I agree about the general condition of the property. It does have a decent lounge with relatively plentiful food in the afternoon.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Rewards Gold, Hhonors diamond, Delta platinum
Originally Posted by zachary
Tell me if you get double points and miles. I got neither, despite booking a rate that said (right on my confirmation), "DBL PTS/MILES."

I wrote to the Diamond desk. They claimed the promotion had expired. I swear, the confirmation e-mail said "DBL PTS/MILES." Anyway, they gave me some extra points (more than double, less than triple), and I just let it go.

I agree about the general condition of the property. It does have a decent lounge with relatively plentiful food in the afternoon.
My solicitation says "...through December 31st, 2006."

I haven't received my double points yet either and am waiting for a response from the Diamond Desk.
Old Mar 29, 2007, 7:10 am

Programs: American EXP, Hilton Diamond
anyone stay here recently? is this the property at the airport? can someone give an update on the property and diamond treatment?
Old Oct 11, 2008, 4:14 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Exec Lounge Report?

Can anyone give a report on the EVENING munchies in the Exec Lounge here, assuming it's still open? I need to decide on whether to do the upgrade with lounge, vs. free internet. I have breakfast provided elsewhere.

Thanks.....
Old Apr 1, 2009, 8:02 pm

Recent stays? I'm booked for Friday night...but can still cancel.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 7:47 pm

Spent last Friday at this property. Lounge was closed for the weekend. Received a voucher for a coffee and a muffin: "No thanks".

Sprawling four (or more) building complex. Low-rise - 4 floors max, I think. Indoor covered walkways connect the buildings. Nice 24/7 gym (3 t-mills, 3 ellipticals, bike, lots of weights and a couple of benches. Headphones provided for built-in TVs on cardio equipment. Quite crowded when I checked in. Some party or convention going on. Hence, the only ral HHonors benefit I received: one of several, designated HHonors parking spaces, right up front!

Parking is $9.75/day. Not sure if or how they check status for use of special spaces.

Room was fine. HSIA was free (for this Diamond, anyway). Worked fine.

I'd go back.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 6:45 pm

Here's my experience

A friend and I stayed there last Friday night.

STRIKE 1 - We had specifically reserved a two-queen bed room; when we arrived about 8:30PM, all of the two-bedded rooms were sold out - only king rooms were available.

STRIKE 2 - We weren't told this when we checked in - only when we opened the door to our room (after a five minute walk - our room was in the back of the hotel), found a single king bed, and called the front desk. We were offered an upgrade to a king suite with a sofabed. We were both tired (and had 5:30AM wakeup calls the next morning), so didn't really care about the suite; we just wanted comfortable beds to crash in. We reluctantly accepted, though weren't too keen on the sofabed.

STRIKE 3 - The sofabed in the king suite we were moved to was broken; it couldn't be slept in. At this point we didn't really want to change rooms again, so we requested a roll-away bed.

STRIKE 4 - The hotel was out of roll-away beds(!). We had no choice but to change rooms again, to another king suite w/sofabed. Luckily, this one worked; but had no blanket or pillows. We called guest services to request them.

STRIKE 5 - We never got them. After waiting 20 minutes, I called and was told their arrival was "imminent". Twenty minutes later, I called again, only to be told they were "backed up" and unsure when they would arrive. At that point, I told them not to bother, as we didn't want to be awakened when they arrived (did I mention we were tired?).

STIRKE 6 - I complained to the manager that, 1-1/2 hours after we arrived, and 3 rooms later, we still didn't have what we had reserved - 2 comfortable beds. I suggested, in the most professional way possible, that this wasn't really acceptable, and that perhaps we shouldn't have to pay for the room. She told me that she was not authorized to comp that room, but could reduce the rate we were paying by $20. That's when I, perhaps, got a bit emotional about our experience at the hotel (did I mention we were tired?); after hearing my tirade, she promptly comped the room; not 2 minutes after she said she wasn't authorized to.

So, it wasn't exactly a wonderful stay. But, in the hotel's defense, they WERE sold out. We also found the hotel clean, the service staff polite and helpful, the rooms (we saw 3!) spacious and up-to-date.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 10:02 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Nice For An Airport Hotel

Had an early flight out of the Ontario airport and decided to give this property a shot.

Check in was very friendly and most people checking in seemed to be regulars. As a Diamond was given internet login info and breakfast coupons but no upgrade. I have quite a streak of no upgrades lately.

The room wasn't anything special but clean and acceptable for an airport property. The room was of good size and the I did like the fact there was a sink and vanity in the room with the toilet as well as just outside of the toilet area. I did not like those dark doors and wood trim. It was so dreary looking.

Nice pool but we did not use it but could see it being a nice place to hang out if the weather was warmer.

We only had breakfast at the hotel and we used our breakfast coupon as credit towards a menu item and it was an ok breakfast but service as kind of slow but friendly. It was pretty busy though.

I would probably stay here again if I had a good rate but the cash rate was $139 per night during our stay period and no way I would pay that. There are definitely better options for less money in the area. It was a good value on point and cash booking though.

Old Dec 17, 2013, 8:23 am

Programs: WN A+/CP, HH Diamond, Enterprise Gold
Just stayed here last night. The property looks worn, but in good condition. Everything was clean, but I agree with the previous comment about the dark colors making it dreary. Some aspects seem like they have been more recently upgraded than others, but maybe they are well cared for. For example, the tile around the bathtub looked brand new, but the shower curtain was nearing the end if it's useful life.

Upgraded without request to the governors suite, which was quite a large setup. Too bad we were only there for a few hours to sleep before an early morning flight.

They let us park two cars there, so the $132 AAA rate was about the same as parking for two cars.

We left too early for breakfast, but used vouchers at the cafe for muffins and items for breakfast in the run the night before at the suggestion of the very friendly front desk staff.

I would stay here again for early flights or times when the parking costs cover 50% of the base rate. Overall one of the better airport hotels I've stayed at.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 12:08 am

Programs: Globalist, Diamond via Aspire
Any recent stay experience to share?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.