Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Copenhagen Airport {DNK} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Copenhagen Airport {DNK} (no longer Honors)

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2017, 1:28 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Nice.. Thanks for sharing!
The 6pm checkout benefit for Hilton Diamonds matched into Nordic Choice Platinum is huge for some of us. And this property is still the most convenient to the airport, for taking the Danish metro, for going to Copenhagen Central and for going to Sweden.
Old May 26, 2017, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by GUWonder
The 6pm checkout benefit for Hilton Diamonds matched into Nordic Choice Platinum is huge for some of us. And this property is still the most convenient to the airport, for taking the Danish metro, for going to Copenhagen Central and for going to Sweden.
Good to know. Not familiar, but do they also have a ELs like Hiltons?
Old May 26, 2017, 2:50 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Good to know. Not familiar, but do they also have a ELs like Hiltons?
None of my Nordic Choice hotel stays in 2010-2016 -- and I've done most of them -- have involved seeing an EL as an option. This property may be the sole 2017 exception, and even that EL may be history by now or soon.
Old May 30, 2017, 6:41 am
Suspended

None of my Nordic Choice hotel stays in 2010-2016 -- and I've done most of them -- have involved seeing an EL as an option. This property may be the sole 2017 exception, and even that EL may be history by now or soon.
This ExecLounge is still open at this property, but it will be closed down by or soon after the end of this summer since this NC brand doesn't ordinarily have arrangements for ExecLounges.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 8:40 pm

Location: Midwest United States (and anywhere a cheap fare takes me)
Programs: Marriott (Gold), Hilton (Gold), SWA (CP), Hertz (5*), UA (Nobody), AA (Lifetime Gold)
This ExecLounge is still open at this property, but it will be closed down by or soon after the end of this summer since this NC brand doesn't ordinarily have arrangements for ExecLounges.
I'm not so sure about that. On the Nordic Choice website the property is selling rooms on the Exec Floor:

"Deluxe double... you will also have access to the hotel's Executive Lounge at the very top of the building. Come here for breakfast, snacks and beverages all day, as well as private check-out facilities."

I'm going to be there in October and made a test booking for December and the deluxe rooms were available.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 8:54 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
I have an upcoming stay, booked last year, and aside from this thread had no idea the hotel was no longer a Hilton.

Any advice for getting upgrades or other benefits? Is the hotel likely to take into consideration that the reservation was made when it was a Hilton, and extend something like Diamond benefits (upgraded room, etc.) to us? Is there an email address for someone in management at the hotel?

Any chance on Hilton awarding points for the stay, since it was booked on the assumption we'd earn points, and Hilton never notified us otherwise?
Old Jun 13, 2017, 12:19 am

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
Originally Posted by anabolism
I have an upcoming stay, booked last year, and aside from this thread had no idea the hotel was no longer a Hilton.

Any advice for getting upgrades or other benefits? Is the hotel likely to take into consideration that the reservation was made when it was a Hilton, and extend something like Diamond benefits (upgraded room, etc.) to us? Is there an email address for someone in management at the hotel?

Any chance on Hilton awarding points for the stay, since it was booked on the assumption we'd earn points, and Hilton never notified us otherwise?
This thread from post #247 on answers most of your questions. You can expect HH benefits to be honored with the exclusion of points and stay credits. In addition to the information in the thread I have an email from the hotel agreeing to the above. I fully intend to ask HH for ex gratia points/nights/stay credits when I complete the stay (mine is a non-cancelable booking madeprior to the change for next August). Where I get to with HH is a horse of a different color! It is disappointing but maybe not surprising that for most of us there has been no HH communication.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by turtlemichael
This thread from post #247 on answers most of your questions.
I've been reading this thread, and was hoping for recent confirmation and ideally contact info for someone in the hotel's management.

You can expect HH benefits to be honored with the exclusion of points and stay credits. In addition to the information in the thread I have an email from the hotel agreeing to the above.
Thank you. Can you share the hotel's email? I wanted to request connecting rooms.

I fully intend to ask HH for ex gratia points/nights/stay credits when I complete the stay (mine is a non-cancelable booking madeprior to the change for next August). Where I get to with HH is a horse of a different color!
Sounds worth pursuing.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by anabolism
Thank you. Can you share the hotel's email? I wanted to request connecting rooms.
My communication was prior to the end of March while the hotel was still a Hilton so the email address, which was the Hotel's Reservations contact [email protected], may be no longer valid. My email states that the arrangement I mentioned had been confirmed by the new management.

As 2.5 months have passed since the change it would be good if anyone who has actually stayed there since could confirm how things went on the ground.

Last edited by turtlemichael; Jun 13, 2017 at 6:35 pm
Old Jul 10, 2017, 5:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, VS Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Gold
New email address

The email address for the hotel is now [email protected] , should you need it.

I'd booked for October some time ago when it was still a Hilton (as HH Gold), but having seen this thread, I contacted them the other day to confirm my booking. I got an email back this morning, plus a confirmation letter.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 11:04 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ejmelton
I'm not so sure about that. On the Nordic Choice website the property is selling rooms on the Exec Floor:

"Deluxe double... you will also have access to the hotel's Executive Lounge at the very top of the building. Come here for breakfast, snacks and beverages all day, as well as private check-out facilities."

I'm going to be there in October and made a test booking for December and the deluxe rooms were available.
The hotel staff in June told me what I relayed last. They are still sticking to the same line as of this month.

If the EL ends up being a place with some included fruit and basic non-alcoholic drinks all day and is open for breakfast to all regardless of specific room type booked/assigned, that still may not be a violation of the booked rate terms as the deluxe double rooms will still be available for booking. Would you still consider than an Executive Lounge? While it's possible that this becomes the first Nordic Choice property to have a lounge for only some Nordic Choice Club elites and a minority of its hotel guests, it would be very extraordinary for Nordic Choice hotels to have such a thing.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 3:18 pm

Hilton Honors Points or Credit?

Has anyone managed to receive Honors points or credit for staying since the switch? I'd think the lack of notice would make a compelling argument for such, but the Diamond desk rejected my request.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 8:15 pm

We stayed there twice in May.
We had access to the EL. The offerings were akin to what we had received on our previous visits.
The evening buffet and the menu in the main restaurant were the same as during our 2016 stay. The prices seemed to be about the same too.
The bathroom amenities were also holdovers from the Hilton days.
We did not get Hilton points and had booked with Hilton many months in advance.
The staff is, for the most part, the old Hilton staff. We got the impression that the Hilton staff just changed uniforms on May 1st. Changes to Nordic Choice are inevitable of course. No one could tell us in May when the EL would close but we were led to believe that it would eventually be closed to conform with the brand.
The hotel remains a good choice for travelers.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by fredjr
We stayed there twice in May.
We had access to the EL. The offerings were akin to what we had received on our previous visits.
The evening buffet and the menu in the main restaurant were the same as during our 2016 stay. The prices seemed to be about the same too.
The bathroom amenities were also holdovers from the Hilton days.
We did not get Hilton points and had booked with Hilton many months in advance.
The staff is, for the most part, the old Hilton staff. We got the impression that the Hilton staff just changed uniforms on May 1st. Changes to Nordic Choice are inevitable of course. No one could tell us in May when the EL would close but we were led to believe that it would eventually be closed to conform with the brand.
The hotel remains a good choice for travelers.
I am currently at the hotel and my experience is the same as yours. I had a pre-paid Hilton rate. We have received an upgrade, or so they tell me, to a comfortable large room. Both evening drinks and breakfast in the lounge have been very good - food, refreshments and service. However, there was no one else at breakfast and just two others in the lounge at night. The future of the lounge must be bleak as it is out of line with the brand.

One small hiccup is that they will not allow two of us to use the main restaurant in lieu of the lounge for breakfast. I only booked for one as Hilton's spouse stays free would have applied. As the alternative of the restaurant instead of the lounge for breakfast is a common practice for a Diamond, I was anticipating the same here. It is of course an unwritten benefit and therefore not honored by the new management. I can't complain about that.

Unlike others I have found the airport location a bit of a bore, particularly going back into town for an evening meal. If I had given this more thought I would not have stayed here for that reason. The same would have been the case if it had remained a Hilton of course.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 4:22 pm

However, there was no one else at breakfast and just two others in the lounge at night.
I stayed in early July, and there were plenty of people in the lounge in the evening. (Used the restaurant for breakfast so can't say how many were there then.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.