Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Is there a way to get on fastrack to Gold/Diamond

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is there a way to get on fastrack to Gold/Diamond

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2005, 4:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan Elite BA Blue
Question Is there a way to get on fastrack to Gold/Diamond

Go easy on me as this is my first HH post!

Recently signed up to HH and have around 14 stays/24 nights stayed/booked/planned up to October. I understand that this will get me within a couple of stays of Gold but I have seen people on here who have mentioned being targetted for fastrack.

The question is what can be done to maximise the chance of being fastracked. If nothing then I am happy to do it the hard way!
Old Aug 5, 2005, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
When I sign on to my account I see that I need 1 more stay to qualify for the fast track to Gold by the end of September. I didn't request a fast track but I have enough nights booked that I will get Gold by end of August and Diamond by the end of December (the hard way). Maybe HH has a computer program that looks at your booked stays and awards you a fast track?

BTW, I have 2 stays next week with Hilton so the fast track will only get me to Gold 3 weeks earlier but I'm thrilled with that!
Old Aug 5, 2005, 6:20 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
When I was at risk for losing gold status this Spring, a Hilton rep suggested contacting airline mileage reps. in airline programs in which I was active as from time-to-time, airlines run promotions with HH for fast track to Gold or Diamond. Also, Hilton Amex card offers Gold with a US $20K/yr. spend. Also, from time to time, as shown on this forum, there are "very generous" Gold offers. In your case, you seem just 2 stays away from earning Gold the "regular way". So you might be more interested in Diamond.
Old Aug 6, 2005, 4:37 am
Original Poster

I would indeed be interested in Diamond. The question is what profile do they look for to fastrack you?

My upcoming stays are in Belfast, London Heathrow, Shanghai, Oslo, Aberdeen...

Shame you can't encourage HH a little
Old Aug 6, 2005, 6:48 am

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
sent them an email

you can sent them an email and ask them for a status match based on status in other programs you have.

ask for the 10 stays in 3 month or 7 stays in 2month fasttrack to diamond.

dp
Old Aug 7, 2005, 1:53 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, UA 1K, DL Gold, AA EXP
Call them and ask for a fast track. You'll probably have to speak with a supervisor, but they shouldn't have a problem, especially if you already have multiple stays booked with Hilton properties.
Old Aug 7, 2005, 2:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dartagnan
Call them and ask for a fast track. You'll probably have to speak with a supervisor, but they shouldn't have a problem, especially if you already have multiple stays booked with Hilton properties.
I have tried this by phoning the Glasgow centre in Scotland. Was told that they cannot put anyone on fast track as the offers are targetted and sent from head office.

Also I emailed HHonors US and they will only status match (90 day challenge) with top tiers from other programmes. So no luck so far!

Any other routes/places to go/look/contact from any of you experts out there?
Old Aug 16, 2005, 6:59 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by dartagnan
I discussed a "Diamond fast track" with a supervisor a few minutes ago and she shot me down like a duck over a pond.
Old Sep 14, 2005, 11:36 am
gof

Programs: UA 2P, HHonors Diamond, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by derpelikan
you can sent them an email and ask them for a status match based on status in other programs you have.

ask for the 10 stays in 3 month or 7 stays in 2month fasttrack to diamond.

dp
Do you have a suggested email address for this or just the general HHONORS email from the website. Having been bumped back to Silver from the previous Citi to gold thread, and with a bunch of stays coming up in the next few months, I think I'd like to go for the diamond challenge. The cool thing for me if I can get it is that there are two Hiltons near where I'm going and I'll just bed-hop between them. I can probably complete the 7 stays in 2-3 weeks (if I can get the challenge). I'll probably end up requaliing for Gold "the hard way on points" in the same period.
Old Sep 15, 2005, 2:52 pm
Les

Programs: CO Platinum
Originally Posted by Ocn Vw 1K
When I was at risk for losing gold status this Spring, a Hilton rep suggested contacting airline mileage reps. in airline programs in which I was active as from time-to-time, airlines run promotions with HH for fast track to Gold or Diamond. Also, Hilton Amex card offers Gold with a US $20K/yr. spend. Also, from time to time, as shown on this forum, there are "very generous" Gold offers. In your case, you seem just 2 stays away from earning Gold the "regular way". So you might be more interested in Diamond.

I see that you are a United 1K. I just received an HHonors gold card from United Mileage Plus with 1000 United Mileage Plus miles and 5000 HHonors points for stays 1 through 5.
Old Sep 27, 2007, 8:00 am

Hilton HHonors Match Info

I just called Hilton HHonors to find out about their match information. The woman on the phone informed me that they do match and that if I were interested in a match I should send in my:

1. A letter explaining my situation
2. "Year-End Statement" from the other Hotel (she assumed it was Marriott, although it is Starwood in my case and I only get statements online)
3. HHonors account number.
4. E-mail address to reply

I have not heard back as yet but I will let you all know when I have confirmed if it works or not.

The fax # is 972-788-1818

Good Luck
Old Oct 2, 2007, 3:11 pm

Programs: ECExec, SPGTitanium,, UAPlat
Did you ever get a response to your request?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.