ARCHIVE THREAD for Millenium Hilton Bangkok

Links to moved posts should still work.

Kiwi Flyer
Hilton HHonors forum co-moderator

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Dec 31, 2018 at 11:48 am
Old Jan 3, 2015, 8:03 pm

Programs: IC Platinum Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ChinaShrek
Can anyone who has stayed at the Millennium recently confirm if they still have their hotel ferry? One TA post last week mentioned that the Hilton has discontinued the hotel ferry and told customers to use the public ferry.
Was there two weeks ago and can confirm that Hotel Boat still goes to Saphan Thaksin Pier and Asiatique Night Market...

Also can confirm that we were able to take breakfast in the main dining room each day as part of our Gold Status...

sdcarver
Old Jan 5, 2015, 3:20 am

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
I just finished a two-night stay here December 31-January 2. Reading this thread, I somehow thought that this hotel would not be too busy and that I would have an easy chance of getting an upgrade as a Gold member. Alas, this did not happen. The lady at the front desk was friendly but firm. No upgrade was possible. The hotel was almost completely booked and many people had actually paid for an executive room or a deluxe room. Even diamonds were not being upgraded. I was disappointed and felt that I learned a valuable lesson. Many people in this forum dislike the Hilton Millennium Bangkok and I thought the hotel would be dead as a result. Nope. Lots of people like this place and are willing to pay for it. I liked it hear too and thought the location was great.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 3:25 am
DUS

Programs: LH HON, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ChinaShrek
Even diamonds were not being upgraded.
Yes, that´s true (for last week, at least). As there was no ugrade available, they offered a free 1hr Thai massage, which I happily accepted.

DUS
Old Jan 5, 2015, 3:31 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Everything in Bangkok is busy from Xmas until after NY.... That's when you actually need to pay for the room you want.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 4:25 am

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Originally Posted by RTW1
Everything in Bangkok is busy from Xmas until after NY.... That's when you actually need to pay for the room you want.
That's what I wish I did, so I don't blame the hotel, but it's hard to determine when I should this.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 4:34 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

It's the same every year.. Perfect time to travel to Thailand and lots of people looking for a place to go.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 7:18 pm

The hotel advises me that Golds get the "American Breakfast." Does anyone know what that means? Will we get full buffet breakfast?

Thanks
Old Mar 4, 2015, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by Ross0
The hotel advises me that Golds get the "American Breakfast." Does anyone know what that means? Will we get full buffet breakfast?

Thanks
Yes, American breakfast means all the hot, fatty, cooked items needed in order for you, too, to drive your country's obesity rate to epidemic levels! I kid, I kid. (But yes, you will get all the good stuff)
Old Mar 6, 2015, 3:30 am

Programs: EK Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
I plan to book a 4 nights stay at Hilton Millenium.
I am a HHonors Gold with at the moment only 57k points on my account.
A 4 nights stay costs 12k + 1555 Baht (per nights).
I can also use PR13CB (provided by my company, I know that it is used also by people who couldn't/shouldn't).
With this code I can get the King Execuive for 25000 Baht.

Now the question is: which is the best option? We (I and my wife) are interested in Lounge access for afternoon tea and also in breakfast in restaurant (has normally more choice than breakfast in lounge).
Old Mar 6, 2015, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by MarcoGT
With this code I can get the King Execuive for 25000 Baht.
Is that a trip total or per night total? Because the answer to "Hey, is it worth 48k HHonors points to go from a €700 euro per night room charge to a €45 euro per night room charge for a four night stay?" is "Are you kidding me? Yes, that's 5 euro cents per HH point. That's crazy good value for a Hilton points redemption. You can buy a couple hundred euros of breakfast each day and come out those 4 days well ahead."

If on the other hand you're talking a trip total of €700 without points vs €175 with points... you're still getting a euro cent back in cash for each of your HH points. That's still very good value (if not as good as above). I'd still probably take it. The thing is that points and cash booking isn't typically allowed when a hotel expects to be busy... so your upgrade chances as a Gold are pretty good.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 4:38 am

Of course it is 25000baht in total (4 nights)

So it makes more sense to book with C+P and expect an upgrade

Thanks
Old Mar 6, 2015, 4:46 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Is that a trip total or per night total? Because the answer to "Hey, is it worth 48k HHonors points to go from a €700 euro per night room charge to a €45 euro per night room charge for a four night stay?" is "Are you kidding me? Yes, that's 5 euro cents per HH point. That's crazy good value for a Hilton points redemption. You can buy a couple hundred euros of breakfast each day and come out those 4 days well ahead."

If on the other hand you're talking a trip total of €700 without points vs €175 with points... you're still getting a euro cent back in cash for each of your HH points. That's still very good value (if not as good as above). I'd still probably take it. The thing is that points and cash booking isn't typically allowed when a hotel expects to be busy... so your upgrade chances as a Gold are pretty good.
I believe the OP has added one too many zeros to his above figures. This property's normal rates are around $100 - $130++ per room per night and his corporate discounted rate is THB 2500++ per night which adds up to around $90 per night all in.

So the cash & points would add up to around $55 plus 12K points per night. I personally value each 1K HH points at $5 so 12K equal $60 + 55 = $115

Of course $90 is cheaper - so I would go with the corporate rate.

And, of course, there are those with the opinion to burn as you earn instead of using cash ... so it all depends on your accumulation style and goals.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 4:51 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by MarcoGT
Of course it is 25000baht in total (4 nights)

So it makes more sense to book with C+P and expect an upgrade

Thanks
Oh, wow ... just noticed this!

THB 25K (around $900 all in) for 4 nights is your corporate discounted rate??? That's a huge amount for this property!

Yes, agreed. Go with the C+P
Old Mar 6, 2015, 4:59 am

Ok, I will go with C+P and not with the corporate discount.
Then let's hope in an upgrade.

If we will be upgraded to Executive floor, will we have the possibility to have breakfast in restaurant?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.