Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Puckrup Hall, Tewkesbury {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Puckrup Hall, Tewkesbury {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2017, 3:49 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by flyingnomadic
I'm guessing there's no chance of HHonors benefits on a 3rd party stay here? The price is ~50% at a third party site for the night I am interested in.
Just ring the hotel direct and get them to add your Honors number in advance to the booking, you may strike lucky and get an upgrade.
They've always been pretty good with upgrades when I've stayed here.
Failing that get show them a card at check in.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 7:29 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
We had a good stay here on Saturday. booked and stayed in one of the two suites they have 217.

A nice if a little old fashioned room.

Good sized lounge with big TV and a sofa and two armchairs.

A cute bright small dinning room which was nice to work in.

Bedroom with a big TV and standard king; bed could have been bigger.

One bathroom with over bath shower.

One extra toilet.

Just to point out some small discrepancies between the advertised room and what you actually get;

2 bathrooms: Not the case, just one bathroom and a separate toilet.

Upgraded bathroom amenities: not the case; standard hilton soap, shower gel etc; and not much of it either.

Complimentary snacks: None

Complimentary beverage: a half bottle of red wine.

Bath robes and slippers: None

The second toilet did not flush and there was no stationary , shoe cleaner etc.

The requested extra pillows and towels were not provided.

Breakfast was OK, I suspect its usually better, but they are using temporary rooms currently.

Staff were friendly.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 10:20 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
1 night stay, been away for a while due to changes in job. Nice to bee back at Puckrup, upgraded to Manor House deluxe (these were deluxe plus but are now manor house deluxe). Room is great, large, refurbished, fresh feel to it. Two bottles water, wifi code, welcome gift of a pack of biscuit/ cookies. No drinks vouchers though- did check with reception, was told no more :-( But, you do still get shortbread biscuits which are great!
Just waiting for food in bar, so far still one of my favourites!!
Old Oct 18, 2018, 11:09 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by Skimanant
1 night stay, been away for a while due to changes in job. Nice to bee back at Puckrup, upgraded to Manor House deluxe (these were deluxe plus but are now manor house deluxe). Room is great, large, refurbished, fresh feel to it. Two bottles water, wifi code, welcome gift of a pack of biscuit/ cookies. No drinks vouchers though- did check with reception, was told no more :-( But, you do still get shortbread biscuits which are great!
Just waiting for food in bar, so far still one of my favourites!!
Thank for reporting, I do enjoy reading uk Hilton trip reports....good work!....... would be interested to know if breakfast is any good, I had a horrendous breakfast there a few years ago, I guess it must have improved by now.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 2:09 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
Bumped into GM whilst eating dinner, remembered me, said hello and got me a drink! Nice!
Old Aug 1, 2019, 4:30 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
One night stay, hotel is very close to M5 hence chose for an overnight. Upgraded to double deluxe golf view, showing in app the day before.

Check-in - a guest was chatting to the receptionist, they obviously saw us arrive and stand there but pretended not to notice and continued chatting for several minutes before turning to me. Quite rude IMO. This happened before at another property too.

Keys were already coded and just needed to sign and write car reg, the entire process took less time than they were chatting for, so not really sure why she couldn't excuse herself for a few seconds. If the guest was asking her to deal with an issue in the hotel that is obviously fine, but they were just talking about inconsequential rubbish.

Room had the mentioned shortbread cookies and a small bottle of wine. A traditional feel, and there was a light fixture in the centre of the ceiling so no problems with room being dark like some "traditional" hotels. In the bathroom, the shower head water pressure was quite weak, and the sink taps were extremely close to the rim of the sink so that your fingers would have to keep hitting the edge of the bowl when washing hands.

Breakfast was as good as any other UK Hilton / DT, buffet had poached eggs which I don't think I have seen in buffets elsewhere but these were a bit inconsistent, I took two and one yolk was runny while the other was nearly solid!
wizla likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 2:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHons diamond
Welcome

Just received the following email regarding my stay next week at a UK Hilton. I think in summary it wants to tell me that I no longer get a free drink of my choice as a Diamond member and robes and slippers will normally cost £5 but if I want to specifically ask I can get the charge refunded. Start of a general move or just the one hotel?

Dear Nickl,

As one of our most valued Hilton Honors Members we wanted to start off by thanking you for all your support and loyalty throughout 2022. We greatly appreciate it.

As 2023 commences we wanted to make you aware of some of the changes which we will be putting into place.

• Firstly, The Hilton Hub. This is a space which will be provided for Gold and Diamond members, where you are able to grab a warm drink or some refreshing juices. It is a quieter area that you can relax and unwind from your day and even read the daily paper via a QR code which will be provided.

• Secondly, from January 1st we will no longer be providing drinks vouchers in your room or upon check in. This is due to the fact that free hot drinks and juices will be available in the Hilton Hub during your stay.

• Thirdly, robes and slippers will be part of the package for our Manor house rooms and our suites. They will be given out to Gold and Diamond members upon request. This will be without the newly added hire charge of £5 per robe.

• Finally, Diamond Member Parking spaces. It is currently in discussion to create some exclusive parking spaces for Diamond members. These spaces will be reserved for those who are of Diamond status and will be positioned close to the main entrance of the hotel. We will be in contact in the future months to update you as these plans develop further.

As well as these changes, there are lots of things that we will be continuing, to maximise the enjoyment of your stays with us.

• We shall continue to upgrade you 1 tier above the one which has been booked. This is subject to availability.

• Complimentary water will be placed in the room for your arrival.

• Your membership will continue to include complimentary breakfast for yourself and 1 guest.

• The Wi-Fi password will be provided on check-in to allow you onto our complimentary free Wi-Fi.

• When booking directly with Hilton, discounted rates will be available.

• Digital check-ins via the app will be available and will also allow you to gain access to your digital key.

• You may bring up to 1 guest with you who will be allowed to stay for free.

Again, we thank-you for all your continued support and loyalty and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel throughout 2023.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 2:49 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Why keep the name of the hotel a secret?
Old Jan 3, 2023, 2:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Hilton Puckrup Hall I think....
Old Jan 3, 2023, 3:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHons diamond
Originally Posted by :D!
Why keep the name of the hotel a secret?
Only because it was an email from a member of their staff to me and it seemed a bit off to out them. But the reference to Manor House rooms no doubt led Schwann to the correct assumption!
Old Jan 3, 2023, 6:11 am
cjd

Haven't had drinks vouchers at this hotel for quite a few years on our stays. Used to get a half bottle of wine in the room sometimes. Car parking was often a problem as all the golf club members and gym/pool members take up quite a few of the spaces. Will be interesting to see if the Diamond parking spaces work! Sounds like the Hilton hub is a sort of Exec lounge without the food and alcoholic drinks.
Old Feb 25, 2023, 9:16 am

We completed a stay last weekend. As a diamond we were upgraded to a slightly larger room. The Diamond parking was located in the car park closest to reception, I was able to find a space in regular parking that was slightly closer. The Hilton Hub had snacks like fruit, nutrigrain bars, and nuts with a couple of machines for hot drinks. The Breakfast buffet had a nice variety of items including poached eggs. Overall I would stay again but would avoid the summer do to lack of air con. I do wonder when the rooms will get an overdue refurbishment.
Old Feb 25, 2023, 10:15 pm

Programs: Sixt Platinum, Avis Preferred Plus, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Diamond
I'm going there in June.. only £83 a night, and it's a Hilton to boot.. so I'm looking forward to it. I looked at the reviews, it looks pretty decent. Good to see upgrades are pretty common.
Old Jun 12, 2023, 4:35 pm

Programs: Sixt Platinum, Avis Preferred Plus, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Diamond
Stayed there a couple days ago, goodness, the breakfast was amazing, the raspberry croissants were delicious. Of all the Hiltons, this one had the best breakfast and it wasn't even that expensive. If you are ever in the Bristol area, this hotel is worth it!
Old Jun 14, 2023, 12:07 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond; UA/*A
Originally Posted by Wiggums
Stayed there a couple days ago, goodness, the breakfast was amazing, the raspberry croissants were delicious. Of all the Hiltons, this one had the best breakfast and it wasn't even that expensive. If you are ever in the Bristol area, this hotel is worth it!
I had the raspberry croissants just now in Cardiff too and totally agree with you! Delicious. I’d like to give this property a go too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.