Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

New Hilton Honors “Double Up” Promotion Is Here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2017, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BotB
Double Up Promotion Information: (please see post 1 for further info by FT HH Rep)

Registration link provided by our HH Rep on FT:

DoubleUp Promotion

Terms and Conditions:

Offer valid September 1, 2017, through December 31, 2017 ("Promotion Period") at any hotel or resort within the Hilton Portfolio excluding Hampton by Hilton Hotels in Mainland China.
Hilton Honors™ members must first register at HiltonHonors.com/DoubleUp prior to completing a stay within the Promotion Period.
Registered Hilton Honors members will only receive Bonus Points for nights completed during the Promotion Period, regardless of a check-in date before the Promotion Period begins or a check-out date after the Promotion Period ends. Registered Hilton Honors members will earn Double Hilton Honors Bonus Points per stay during the Promotion Period.
"Double Points" means you will receive a bonus equal to the number of Base Points earned during a stay.
There is no limit to the total amount of Bonus Points that may be earned during the Promotion Period with this offer.
However, there are restrictions on the amount of Base Points that can be earned on a single stay at certain brands.
See Hilton Honors Terms and Conditions for more details.
Bonus Points earned on Base Points do not count toward tier qualification. Please allow six to eight weeks from completion of your stay for points to appear in your Hilton Honors account.

Hilton Honors™ membership, earning of Points & Miles™ when booking direct and redemption of Points are subject to Hilton Honors Terms and Conditions. Excludes Hampton by Hilton Hotels in Mainland China.

A FAQ has also been produced for this offer:

What is the name of this Hilton Honors™ promotion?
Double Up

What is the promotion?
Registered Hilton Honors members will earn Double Points per stay during the Promotion Period. There is no limit to the total amount of Bonus Points that may be earned during the Promotion Period with this offer.

What is the Promotion Period for the “Double Up” Hilton Honors promotion?
September 1, 2017 through December 31, 2017 (‘Promotion Period’)

What is an eligible stay?
An eligible stay is defined in the Hilton Honors Terms & Conditions under Accrual of Points number 3.

Do I have to change my MyWay™ Earnings Style Option in my Hilton Honors account in order to receive Bonus Points for this promotion?
No. However, to maximize the number of Points you can earn during the promotion, selecting Hilton Honors Points & Points would be best.

Do I have to register for this promotion?
Yes. Hilton Honors members must register for the promotion at HiltonHonors.com/DoubleUp.

I am not a Hilton Honors member; can I participate in this promotion?
Yes. You can join the Hilton Honors program for free, register for the promotion and immediately be eligible to participate. Simply visit HiltonHonors.com/DoubleUp and follow the steps to join Hilton Honors and register for the promotion simultaneously.

What are the Terms and Conditions of the promotion?
To make sure everyone has the most up-to-date Terms and Conditions, we have posted them on the website HiltonHonors.com/DoubleUp.

Which Hilton Honors brands are participating in the promotion?
Except Hampton by Hilton Hotels in Mainland China, all Hilton Honors brands are participating in the promotion: Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Curio Collection, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Embassy Suites, DoubleTree by Hilton, Hilton Grand Vacations, Hilton Garden Inn, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites, Hampton by Hilton, Tru by Hilton and Tapestry Collection by Hilton.

Are all rates included in this promotion?
No. A list of ineligible rates can be found under the Hilton Honors Terms and Conditions: Accrual of Points number 3.

If I already have a reservation, is it eligible for the promotion?
Yes, as long as the member is registered for the promotion prior to check-out of the stay and the reservation is for an eligible stay. Regardless of when a reservation was booked, any registered guests with nights within the Promotion Period will receive the promotion bonus.

If I check-in before September 1, 2017 or check-out after December 31, 2017, do I still earn credit for that stay?
Registered Hilton Honors members will receive a bonus only for the nights of an eligible stay completed during the Promotion Period, regardless of a check-in date before the Promotion Period begins or a check-out date after the Promotion Period ends.

If I become a Lifetime Diamond member or Diamond member after I have already registered for the promotion, will I still qualify for the Diamond offer?
Yes, the Points bonus will be based on your tier at time of checkout. For example, if a Hilton Honors member registers for the “DoubleUp” promotion as a Gold member, becomes a Diamond member during the promotion period and then completes a stay within the promotion period, they will receive the Diamond offer.

Will I receive Bonus Points with the “Double Up” promotion for any stays within the Promotion Period that I completed PRIOR to registering for the promotion?
No. Only members registered prior to check-out will receive Bonus Points with the “Double Up” promotion for nights within the Promotion Period.

When will the Bonus Points post to my Hilton Honors account?
Please allow 6-8 weeks from the completion of your stay for the Bonus Points to appear in your Hilton Honors account.

If I have two rooms at the same time with my family, do both of those rooms count toward my promotion bonus if I am paying for them both?
A Member may earn Base Points for up to two rooms per stay, if all eligible charges for both rooms are paid on one folio. Base Points will be earned for all eligible folio charges incurred on both rooms. For any other bonuses, including Hilton Honors Marketing Partner Bonus Points and other promotional bonuses, Bonus Points will be awarded on one room only.

Will members earn Bonus Points with the “Double Up” promotion for Reward Stays for this promotion?
Members will earn Bonus Points with the “Double Up” promotion if they have incidental charges during a Reward Stay, provided such charges are deemed eligible folio charges. This does not apply to incidental charges for stays at Hampton, Home2 Suites or Homewood Suites by Hilton. For a complete explanation, see number 14 under Accrual of Points here.

Can I register for other promotions if I register for this promotion?
Yes, unless stated otherwise in the Terms and Conditions of other select promotions, a member can register for multiple promotions.

Whom may I contact if I have more questions?
If you have more questions about the Double Up promotion, please feel free to contact us at 800-548-8690. Outside the United States and Canada, please dial + 800 44 45 86 67.

Please feel free to add other relevant info to this wiki. Ta!
Print Wikipost

New Hilton Honors “Double Up” Promotion Is Here

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2017, 6:18 am

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Arggh...

Still cannot sign up using the link with either IE or Safari...

"Oops! We've encountered a problem.

Our online registration isn't working at the moment. Please check back later or contact Hilton Reservations and Customer Care for assistance"
Old Aug 24, 2017, 7:23 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
I've added a wiki with the T's & C's as well as the FAQ details as there appears to be questions that were answered in those and to save people posting many of the usual questions, hope that helps.

To those that are having issues registering, have you cleared your cache and history of said DoubleUp pages/cookies and then tried the link provided by our lovely HH Rep in post 1 (also in the wiki)?

Safe travels.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Registration worked fine for me.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 11:11 am

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BenSenise
I tried again but still getting an "access denied" error message.

but to answer my own question, i saw that there is a FAQ link, and on that page it states:
If I already have a reservation, is it eligible for the promotion?
Yes, as long as the member is registered for the promotion prior to check-out of the stay and the reservation is for an eligible stay. Regardless of when a reservation was booked, any registered guests with nights within the Promotion Period will receive the promotion bonus.
so i think it's pretty clear that the answer to my question is yes.
Yes, virtually all Honors promotions pivot around when the night(s) are stayed versus when they're booked.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 1:40 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
Yes, virtually all Honors promotions pivot around when the night(s) are stayed versus when they're booked.
that's good to know. I had SPG Platinum status for many years and was always frustrated by the requirement to book during the promotion booking period and stay during the promotion stay period. This Hilton method is working out better for me at the moment.

An additional note regarding registering for this Double Up promotion, I was still getting the access denied error. I tried random numbers and passwords and got an error message stating that the information was not valid so the system was working, it just wouldn't give me access. My wife was able to use the same page on this same computer and it worked for her.

I called and they registered me over the phone so the immediate problem has been overcome but the root cause has not been established.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 4:09 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler
Not bad, Lauren, thanks for the info.

Can we assume, as usual, that award nights count toward the 10 for us Diamonds?
I'd like the answer to that too, but since I got the Sunday night 1000 point bonus on award stays this summer, I assume the same will apply this time, unless I am told otherwise.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 5:06 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by jn in ca
I'd like the answer to that too, but since I got the Sunday night 1000 point bonus on award stays this summer, I assume the same will apply this time, unless I am told otherwise.
I've got a 4 night award stay during the timeframe...so I'd like to know that in addition to those 4 nts counting towards the 10, I will also get 2x the peripheral spend I'd make on the free nights? (which will be substantial, we're in Hawaii).
Old Aug 24, 2017, 9:42 pm

Programs: Discretely with AA-G AFFB-C2 UA-EP LHLX-S HH-D
Lauren, a very good day to you
Could you please emphasize where I can find the link to register for this? I cannot find it in your post, even tho' you say it is there.
I am Diamond since 1999, presumably soon DfL?
Greetngs from the Netherlands
Paul
Old Aug 24, 2017, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by PaulRO
Could you please emphasize where I can find the link to register for this? I cannot find it in your post, even tho' you say it is there.
Paul
Paul, it's in the wikipost at the top of the thread.

https://www.hiltonhonors.com/en_US/H..._17457/landing
Old Aug 24, 2017, 10:29 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I've got a 4 night award stay during the timeframe...so I'd like to know that in addition to those 4 nts counting towards the 10, I will also get 2x the peripheral spend I'd make on the free nights? (which will be substantial, we're in Hawaii).
See the wiki / T&C's:
Will members earn Bonus Points with the “Double Up” promotion for Reward Stays for this promotion?
Members will earn Bonus Points with the “Double Up” promotion if they have incidental charges during a Reward Stay, provided such charges are deemed eligible folio charges. This does not apply to incidental charges for stays at Hampton, Home2 Suites or Homewood Suites by Hilton. For a complete explanation, see number 14 under Accrual of Points here.

Make sure you buy a bag of M&Ms from the pantry...
Old Aug 24, 2017, 11:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by diver858
See the wiki / T&C's:

Make sure you buy a bag of M&Ms from the pantry...
That FAQ refers to earning double promo points, not defining a qualifying stay.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 1:39 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by PaulRO
Paul
Paul, you literally click on the word "here" in Lauren's sentence. When you mouse over it you'll see it gets highlighted.

However, and this is an ongoing issue - I registered with no problem (through Lauren's link) but there is never any confirming message or e-mail or anything. And when I then go to the Honors account it does not show being registered for any new promos, just the expiring 3x one. Please ask your powers that be, Lauren, to include something like "congratulations, you're registered" for these promos.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 2:11 am

I have tried 5x and keep getting an error message.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 5:42 am

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Originally Posted by flyerbaby19
I have tried 5x and keep getting an error message.
I successfully registered yesterday (no confirmation other than the screenshot). I tried again today and found I have the same problem you are experiencing:
Oops! We've encountered a problem.
Our online registration isn't working at the moment.
Please check back later or contact
Hilton Reservations and Customer Care for assistance.
It seems registration is offline at the moment.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 8:50 am

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Have been getting the same message with IE or Safari for the past two days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.