Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

200,000 points for 1 night?? :eek:

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2017, 10:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*

Barcelona Hilton, Monday Sept 11.

No wonder I don't stay at Hilton brands unless I absolutely have to...

(Can I not add an emoji to a title?)
Old Aug 16, 2017, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Question

Originally Posted by DavidDTW

Is that a regular points rate, or is it a rate for special room (perhaps they are sold out of the normal reward rooms, and only special rooms are left)?

There are often special rooms available for astronomical amounts, but you probably skip over them when other rooms are available for the normal rate.

As to your last question, did you not notice "you may choose an icon for your message from the following list"? But it's a different list than the emojies you can put inside a message, and it goes to the left of the message title, not within it.
See, I put a question mark emojii on this reply.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Is that a regular points rate, or is it a rate for special room (perhaps they are sold out of the normal reward rooms, and only special rooms are left)?
That's exactly what this is. Points redemption at this Hilton start at 40,000 points. The 200,000 room is a King (or Twin) Executive Room.

Standard Room Awards, 1 night stay, flexible dates:

Premium Room Awards, 1 night stay, flexible dates:

Cash Rates (for comparison), 1 night stay, flexible dates:
Limatiga Motor likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 1:53 am

Originally Posted by DavidDTW

September 11th is a hot date in Barcelona.

The city fell to the Spanish on this date in the war of succession.

Events and demonstrations are significant on September 11th as the area continues its quest for independence.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah, so it's a premium room, and so I don't see why 200,000 points is that much worse than 187,000 points (the premium room rate shown for one nights there). Both are leap and bounds above what I would pay, but they don't seem all that different from each other. The 200,000 points is just a rounder number.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chrism20
September 11th is a hot date in Barcelona.

The city fell to the Spanish on this date in the war of succession.

Events and demonstrations are significant on September 11th as the area continues its quest for independence.
But at least there are some rooms still for September 11th at this hotel, while for September 8 and September 15 this hotel seems totally sold out.

So however hot September 11th might be in Barcelona, the average Friday seems even hotter!
Old Aug 18, 2017, 2:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
200,000 points for a 436 Euro room is .25 cpp. That's just a tad below where I would want to redeem
Old Aug 18, 2017, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
But at least there are some rooms still for September 11th at this hotel, while for September 8 and September 15 this hotel seems totally sold out.

So however hot September 11th might be in Barcelona, the average Friday seems even hotter!
I'd be astonished if a Friday wasn't sold out more often than not in what is one of the biggest city break destinations in the EU.

But regardless of how busy a Friday is the OP was specifically referring to Monday 11th which happens to be a significant date in the area.

However if the OP is still looking for a standard redemption there is a twin room at 40k available online right now.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by chrism20
But regardless of how busy a Friday is the OP was specifically referring to Monday 11th which happens to be a significant date in the area.

However if the OP is still looking for a standard redemption there is a twin room at 40k available online right now.
I booked a different hotel, but thanks. When I looked, no award nights were available for the 11th. And I did not realize the date was of such significance.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
LOL. Nice try with the history / current affairs lesson. Catalans aiming for independence are going to stay at their own home, not the Hilton...

Barcelona hotels fill up depending on the conferences / trade fairs in town.

https://www.vmworld.com/en/europe/index.html

Cruise ship departures can also result in rooms disappearing fast for the night before/after.

Last edited by craigthemif; Aug 19, 2017 at 12:54 pm
Old Aug 19, 2017, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by craigthemif
LOL. Nice try with the history lesson. Catalans aiming for independence are going to stay at their own home, not the Hilton...

Barcelona hotels fill up depending on the conferences / trade fairs in town.

https://www.vmworld.com/en/europe/index.html
Not all Catalans live there you know and many travel back to their homeland for National day but yep a conference is probably more likely to fill the hotel than that lol. I studied it back in the day for my highers and the date jumped out, had the OP mentioned any other date it would have meant nothing to me.

Last edited by chrism20; Aug 19, 2017 at 1:10 pm
Old Aug 20, 2017, 1:39 am

I totally agree. The point rates for 'premium rooms' are just ridiculous.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.