Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn Kauai/Wailua Bay {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2020, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Dcislander
  • Gold and Diamond receive two (2) full buffet breakfasts (billed as $24) with one item in addition ordered off the menu (i.e. omelet)

As per latest posts, Diamonds do not get free breakfast but receive $10 a day My Way benefit (or 750 pts).
  • Diamond status covered multiple rooms (breakfast was included for the additional rooms - i.e. 3 rooms booked by diamond on points and all 3 received breakfast)
  • Gold/Diamond receive 2 free water bottles per day (sometimes have to ask) even though there is a tag on them saying $2
  • Resort fee waived by paying with points
  • 2 Bike rides included - highly recommended early in the morning beginning in town about 10 min drive away to the north.
  • Moments away out behind the property is the ocean shore with a path to walk on - highly recommended
  • Shell leis were given to each guest checking in
  • a box of macadamia nut chocolates were given only to diamond members 1st time, 2nd time a box of hawaiian cookies
  • checkout at 11am and on request extended to 12 pm
  • storage for suitcases until evening in a secured area by the front desk (right behind them with tags/numbers with matching tag for you to hold onto)
  • No airport shuttle
Print Wikipost

Hilton Garden Inn Kauai/Wailua Bay {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2015, 5:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Arrow Hilton Garden Inn Kauai/Wailua Bay {US-HI}

We can all breath a sigh of relief.

Finally an HGI on its way to Kauai.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/hil...aii-2015-04-21

Last edited by travelexpert; Apr 22, 2015 at 1:22 am
Old Apr 21, 2015, 9:33 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
That's good news. The Courtyard in the area is OK but I'd much rather stay at an HGI. Hopefully they'll offer the standard HGI benefits.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 3:24 am

that's the hotel they're talking about:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...ai_Hawaii.html

the beach close by is a public beach, which is extremely popular and all around the hotel are lots and lots of chicken - which start their day very early.....

and let's hope the new owner is going to do a thorough renovation, otherwise i would wait for the first reviews to be posted, before i would stay at this hgi.

Last edited by summer01; Apr 22, 2015 at 3:27 am Reason: crosschecked the hotel address
Old Apr 22, 2015, 9:47 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Thanks for the link. Hopefully they'll bring the place up to HGI standards.

Have you been to Kapaa? Chickens are a fact of life there. Didn't bother us but some might not like them. Also we were told that all beaches in Hawaii are public except for a few with limitations dictated by the federal government (maybe military? dunno) If you can get there and park legally you're set.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 7:45 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA, B6, BA (airline status-free leisure traveler), Hilton Diamond
Yeah. Great news. There has not been a Hilton-branded hotel on Kauai in more than five years.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 2:00 am

the chickens run all around this hotel, that's probably not going to change in the future. we stayed in a condo nearby - no chickens on that property. i don't mind public beaches, there's a beachpark right by the hotel and it's very popular on the weekends. the beach is nice and safe for swimming, but what i like better is that there is the possibly for a long nice walk along the beach - up to the former hilton hotel.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 9:44 am
Suspended

bet it will be 2,000,000 per night unless you opt for the beautiful view of the garbage bins
Old Apr 23, 2015, 1:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by craz
bet it will be 2,000,000 per night unless you opt for the beautiful view of the garbage bins
I'm crying fowl.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 7:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
I'm crying fowl.
Last time I asked they turned me down no matter how many chickens I was willing to pay with.

Ive been saying Im done with HH for awhile but once I saw that 30k was the min for a reg Hampton anywhere close to FLL and Cypress Creek was in mind, I said its time to run and not walk away
Old Sep 23, 2015, 5:45 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Anybody hear anything new on this hotel? Just looked on the website for next September to see if anything was bookable, or any other details. Nothing found.

Thinking about a stay there later next year, if it is available...
Old Sep 23, 2015, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
New properties may not open reservations until they're within 4-8 weeks of opening. If the 'early 2016' holds, try again in January.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 7:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by travelexpert
We can all breath a sigh of relief.

Finally an HGI on its way to Kauai.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/hil...aii-2015-04-21
This is one of 4 Hilton hotels coming Hawaii in 2016 (sorry for a type in the initial post):
http://www.travelagewest.com/Travel/.../#.VgShaJezlj8

Last edited by Alex_I; Sep 26, 2015 at 2:41 pm Reason: Typo
Old Sep 24, 2015, 8:16 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Originally Posted by Alex_I
This is one of 4 Hilton hotels coming Hawaii in 2014:
http://www.travelagewest.com/Travel/.../#.VgShaJezlj8
2014???
Old Dec 27, 2015, 4:18 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, HH Gold
Reservations are now being accepted for May 9th and beyond on the Hilton website.
Old Feb 21, 2016, 10:39 am

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
just made a 4 night reservation for last week of may. Around $180/night for an ocean view room. LEt's see how they treat diamonds. The two categories above thsi room are the jr suite and the cottage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.