Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hampton inn Stay on MVP, no points?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2017, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat

Had a one night stay recently at a HI, on MVP plan as I am a coach. Stay was awarded no points and and per online chat with Hilton, stay was deemed ineligible by the hotel? What? Didn't see anywhere that the MVP plan was ineligible for points and I have used it just fine in the past.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 7:56 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, Hyatt Plat, National Exec, GE/Nexus
Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
Had a one night stay recently at a HI, on MVP plan as I am a coach. Stay was awarded no points and and per online chat with Hilton, stay was deemed ineligible by the hotel? What? Didn't see anywhere that the MVP plan was ineligible for points and I have used it just fine in the past.
Have you waited a few days (at least 72 hours) for points posting? Does the stay appear in the past reservations page with receipt viewable?

Important to know if this is indeed true, because I am in the same boat and just booked a MVP rate. I'm ok cancelling that and rebooking for a couple bucks more to ensure I get points.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 8:06 am

This could be very bad. I had a recent stay at a Hampton on an MVP rate. The points posted, but I did not receive stay or night credit. I have emailed about the stay/night credit. I will update.

I should note that all of my other stays in 2017 (DTs and Hamptons) were at MVP rates as well and posted normally, so I'm not sounding the alarm bells too loudly yet.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 8:32 am
Suspended

Ive had a bunch of stays(2017) all but 2 using MVP at various brands including several HIs and all posted with the proper points and stay/night credit
Old Feb 3, 2017, 8:47 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by craz
Ive had a bunch of stays(2017) all but 2 using MVP at various brands including several HIs and all posted with the proper points and stay/night credit
Ditto here.

It is annoying that it takes 3 full days for the details of points to post, even though first the total stays increments, then the total points, and finally the detail appears.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 9:19 am
Original Poster

Yes the stay is listed under previous stays, but with no points. Well over 72 hours.

Never good to have to make calls to fix errors. Plus, I had the Hilton app bonus point deal tied to this stay, so I have more than just a few points coming my way
Old Feb 3, 2017, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by craz
Same here. I didn't know hotels get to decide the qualifying rates unilaterally? If so, that may explain why I had an issue a while ago on a stay that I chose not to pursue.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 10:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Same here. I didn't know hotels get to decide the qualifying rates unilaterally? If so, that may explain why I had an issue a while ago on a stay that I chose not to pursue.
It's bull and when I get this rectified I'll get back with y'all, once the base points and promo points all get credited
Old Feb 3, 2017, 2:26 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I didn't know hotels get to decide the qualifying rates unilaterally? If so, that may explain why I had an issue a while ago on a stay that I chose not to pursue.
They don't, at least not for rates booked through the Hilton website.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Update - contacted the hotel, who advised me they see no reason why I should not have earned base points on my one night MVP rate stay. They started a case file with Honors and gave me the case #. Prior to contacting the hotel, I did a Chat two separate times inquiring about the situation, with one rep telling me "ineligible rate, sorry no points" (WRONG ANSWER), and the next rep telling me don't worry the points should be posted within 5 business days (they were not).

So frustration on many fronts....but I'll get this done.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 7:17 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
Update - contacted the hotel, who advised me they see no reason why I should not have earned base points on my one night MVP rate stay. They started a case file with Honors and gave me the case #. Prior to contacting the hotel, I did a Chat two separate times inquiring about the situation, with one rep telling me "ineligible rate, sorry no points" (WRONG ANSWER), and the next rep telling me don't worry the points should be posted within 5 business days (they were not).

So frustration on many fronts....but I'll get this done.
I simply call the Diamond desk (your profile lists Diamond as well) and they have always taken care of it then and there as long as the min amount of time has past, which I was told is 3-5 biz days

The only time I use 'Chat' is when Im doing something for a female and thusly they wont speak to me before getting permission from that female.. I just find speaking to someone is alot easier especially if things need to be explained or a give and take needs to be done, and especially when I feel I must use the supervisor card

Last edited by craz; Feb 9, 2017 at 1:27 pm
Old Feb 8, 2017, 8:24 am
Original Poster

I guess I haven't tried Diamond Desk as the reviews of it on here are pretty mixed. Maybe I'll get lucky.....
Old Feb 8, 2017, 11:51 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, Hyatt Plat, National Exec, GE/Nexus
I'll take one for the team to check it out. Booked 1 night stay at a Hampton using MVP code (561x) this weekend. Around this time next week I'll post results.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 1:34 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
I had two Hampton stays last weekend at two different hotels, both booked with MVP code, one via the app, one not. Both credited stays/points per usual.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Update...emailed Diamond Desk about issue. They replied and asked me to scan and reply with my hotel bill, and they would credit my points (I am thinking "why do you need a copy of my bill when you can pull it yourself?" But whatever). Later in the day I get an email that the points are in my acct. yippee.....BUT no triple points or 5k points for Visa card. So, here we go again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.