Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Honors Promotions Updates

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2015, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I've never been "targeted" by Hilton for anything (that I can recall) either.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 9:24 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Call me crazy, but I think this has the potential to be something good for the program. Per Erin, these targeted offers are for "engaged members like us". They heard us loud and clear that we are annoyed with the non participation list, have seen us move our stays accordingly, and are trying to fix this with the targeted offers. I can't imagine these offers would be similar to the targeted offers that we've seen in the past that were extremely limited in scope and were mainly to attract new customers (through airlines, etc.) and re-attract lost customers. I hope the purpose of these would be a way to keep us staying, engaged, and spending money throughout the year, rather than us hitting a status threshold and moving to the competition as many have been. Hyatt and Marriott have done these types of targeted promotions for awhile now.

This announcement, in conjunction with lifetime status (whenever that happens), demonstrates to me that not all hope is lost here. They are taking our feedback into consideration and trying to improve this program back to the state it once was to stay competitive. Change takes time. I'm hoping that the many months overdue wifi announcement will happen soon as well.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 9:38 am

Programs: Hilton Hhonors Diamond
Originally Posted by RDB68
Since the "targeted offer" updates to the website will happen later this year and since the next global promotion starts March 1st, I'll surmise that there will be no promotion of any kind during the month of February.
I would like to hear from Erin whether or not this is true. I logged into my HHonors account, and the My Offers page is conspicuously blank.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 9:44 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Jacquelyn Hyde
I would like to hear from Erin whether or not this is true. I logged into my HHonors account, and the My Offers page is conspicuously blank.
I'm seeing this error: WE'RE SORRY,

An error has occurred in the system, and we are unable to process your request at this time. The error has been recorded and will be investigated by the system administrator. We apologize for this inconvenience. You may contact the Hilton Reservations and Customer Care nearest you for assistance, or call 1-800-HHONORS.

when I click on the "my offers" page.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by RDB68
Since the "targeted offer" updates to the website will happen later this year and since the next global promotion starts March 1st, I'll surmise that there will be no promotion of any kind during the month of February.
Fully agreed!
Old Jan 29, 2015, 10:23 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EX-AA Explat, WN Loyalist
Originally Posted by Michael19887
Call me crazy, but I think this has the potential to be something good for the program. Per Erin, these targeted offers are for "engaged members like us". They heard us loud and clear that we are annoyed with the non participation list, have seen us move our stays accordingly, and are trying to fix this with the targeted offers. I can't imagine these offers would be similar to the targeted offers that we've seen in the past that were extremely limited in scope and were mainly to attract new customers (through airlines, etc.) and re-attract lost customers. I hope the purpose of these would be a way to keep us staying, engaged, and spending money throughout the year, rather than us hitting a status threshold and moving to the competition as many have been. Hyatt and Marriott have done these types of targeted promotions for awhile now.

This announcement, in conjunction with lifetime status (whenever that happens), demonstrates to me that not all hope is lost here. They are taking our feedback into consideration and trying to improve this program back to the state it once was to stay competitive. Change takes time. I'm hoping that the many months overdue wifi announcement will happen soon as well.
Well said, but I am with a majority here. I will believe it when we see it. Marriott does a very good job with their Megabonuses, etc. I only stay with Hilton as a Diamond because of convenience.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 10:28 am

This announcement, in conjunction with lifetime status (whenever that happens), demonstrates to me that not all hope is lost here. They are taking our feedback into consideration and trying to improve this program back to the state it once was to stay competitive.
I want to be optimistic in this regard too, but we'll need to see some improvement in benefits, not just shifting around of this or that title or zero-sum games with bonus points, before we know it's happening. So when I see addition of a clear, delineated benefit that properties can't weasel their way out of, then I'll be a bit more excited.

What would be cool would be if these targeted offers involved things other than points. Like targeting highest-speed internet for a month or throwing someone a couple real, confirmed suite upgrades.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 11:02 am
Suspended

Programs: DL 1MM Dia, AA Plat, UA 1MM Gold, HHonors LT Dia, Marriott/SPG LT Plat Prem
Trying, but not launching a promotion with this announcement that other promos are coming? Sorry but the competition has promos in place that are very attractive, they have lifetime in place already.

In many ways I would like to give more of my business back to Hilton, especially with how well some of the hotels have treated me (Conrad HK, Hilton Los Cabos, Hilton Puerto Vallarta, Hilton Molino Stucky to name a few), but until Hilton tells us what the promos are my bookings are going towards where I will get the most back for my personal pleasure when redeeming my points, and with no promo, and no concrete knowledge of what the lifetime program is, I have booked through April of 2015 11 trips, with 0 at Hilton properties.

Hilton is missing the boat with the very frequent travelers.

Hilton give us a reason to pick you over the completion besides being $5 less a night on a $200/night room for a comparable hotel/room.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 11:09 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA Executive Platinum, National Executive Elite, Avis First
Thanks for sharing.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 11:09 am

Programs: Delta Diamond / United 1K / HHonors Diamond
6 stays in the last 2 weeks of February, guess I'll switch those over to SPG since there's no incentive running. Bummer!
Old Jan 29, 2015, 11:21 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by Andriyko
Will HHonors first fix the problem that some members (e.g. me) never receive any mail or e-mails from Hilton? I have never received anything targeted.
Originally Posted by RCTP
Targeted Promos?

I've yet to receive anything from HH even though I've set my HH account to send me any and all things from HH.

No, they're not in my spam and trash folders.
Originally Posted by stevie
A 10 year diamond that has never got a mail from HH in my life.....not much a target I take it.
I'm seeing this error: WE'RE SORRY,

An error has occurred in the system, and we are unable to process your request at this time. The error has been recorded and will be investigated by the system administrator. We apologize for this inconvenience. You may contact the Hilton Reservations and Customer Care nearest you for assistance, or call 1-800-HHONORS.

when I click on the "my offers" page.
These. Thank goodness for FT, where we have lots of folks looking & posting!
Old Jan 29, 2015, 11:27 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
So there is no promo for February at all?
Old Jan 29, 2015, 11:37 am
In Memoriam

TARGETED OFFERS I SEE:

Buy a time share and get 500,000 points....

Stay at the Waldorf in Bali and get 20,000 points....

Stay weekend nights and get 15K bonus (just a thought for the Einstein's at Hilton... after traveling all week, I try to be HOME on weekends).....

If this is what they are talking about, clearly Hilton just has too much business. @:-)
Old Jan 29, 2015, 11:38 am
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
So there is no promo for February at all?
Originally Posted by underpressure
TARGETED OFFERS I SEE:

Buy a time share and get 500,000 points....

Not unless you buy a timeshare....

Old Jan 29, 2015, 11:55 am

Programs: SW A-List Preferred Companion Pass
What about February

Nothing until March makes me think a test for Marriott is on the Horizon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.