Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Citi Reserve Anniversary Certificate

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2014, 3:36 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Just got my Anniversary certificate emailed to me...

Anniversary in March...got the certificate in July. Not ideal, but at least it expires one year from date of issuance, not my anniversary date.

My bigger problem is that I really wanted the Diamond tier status that comes with $40,000 annual spend. Since I got my card in March, I only had 9 months to do it, and called Citi in December to check on my progress. Hit it toward the end of December, but come to find out that my statement closed on December 20, leaving me at $39,300 spend for 2013 -- the extra spend that my annual statement shows is not counted toward the 2013 annual spend and Hilton has denied my request for Diamond tier status. Talk about frustrating! Really makes me want to take my business elsewhere. I have big travel plans later this year and was looking forward to being a Diamond.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 10:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Originally Posted by Don in LA
Anniversary in March...got the certificate in July. Not ideal, but at least it expires one year from date of issuance, not my anniversary date.

My bigger problem is that I really wanted the Diamond tier status that comes with $40,000 annual spend. Since I got my card in March, I only had 9 months to do it, and called Citi in December to check on my progress. Hit it toward the end of December, but come to find out that my statement closed on December 20, leaving me at $39,300 spend for 2013 -- the extra spend that my annual statement shows is not counted toward the 2013 annual spend and Hilton has denied my request for Diamond tier status. Talk about frustrating! Really makes me want to take my business elsewhere. I have big travel plans later this year and was looking forward to being a Diamond.
Bummer about the status. that seems like something Anthony and his team might be able to help with. At least it's worth a shot.

On the other hand, most people seem to think that there isn't a huge difference in the benefits between Gold and Diamond. With Gold you get upgrades (to the executive floor at a minimum) and/or breakfast, internet, etc. Diamonds rarely get suite upgrades according to most people on these boards, so I would think your travel plans shouldn't be affected too much (unless you need to force inventory in sold out situations and even that benefit seems to be of limited validity these days).
Old Jul 18, 2014, 3:05 pm

Programs: Delta:PM, HH:Diamond, Hertz:PC
I finally got mine! I had my anniversary back in February. I called in May and they said it takes 8 to 10 weeks to get it. At that point I was right next to the 10 week cut off. So I gave them the benefit of the doubt and waited another week. Nothing! Called Citibank, said to call Hilton. Called Hilton, said to call Citibank...... Hilton said they have not received any notification from Citibank that they should send out the cert. I call back to Citibank and ask for a supervisor. They said I would get my cert in less than 5 days. Finally 5 days later I got it in my email... Now, to find the most expense hotel I can redeem it at.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 9:09 pm

Took 4 months from anniversary date to get mine, really ridiculous when you think about it. And I had to contact them about it multiple times. Makes me wonder if I would have even received it if I wasn't proactive. Regardless, glad it expires 1 year from issue date.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 10:12 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Delta Platinum
I hate to sound not greatful to those that are missing their certificate but I kind of wish mine had been delayed instead of being issued promptly.

I got mine on 6/14

Really enjoy using these in the summer... and the 6/14 for the expiration annually isn't very good for me

I can't book for July 2015 because it will be expired.
I could book airfare in advance for July 2015 and wait until 6/14/15 to get the next one issued but I'd be at risk of the hotel being full since I'd be making a last minute reservation.

I guess it all depends on what time of year you want to use it, but it would be great if there was a way to volunteer to bump your issue date out so the expiration would fall within a period more helpful for my booking preference.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 12:01 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by StangGT909
I hate to sound not greatful to those that are missing their certificate but I kind of wish mine had been delayed instead of being issued promptly.

I got mine on 6/14
As a data point for the rest of us, what is your anniversary date? Thanks!
Old Jul 19, 2014, 12:10 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by dw
As a data point for the rest of us, what is your anniversary date? Thanks!

Within a week or two of 6/14. It came very prompt
Old Jul 28, 2014, 12:06 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG & Marriott Gold, CC Silver
I wanted to update - I received my certificate today, about 5 weeks past my anniversary. While the T&Cs state 6-8 weeks, I find that pretty ridiculous, and the fact that some people receive them immediately indicates they have the ability to get them out quickly. Their system obviously needs work, but the Hilton team that contacted me were always pleasant and professional.

It would also be great if they could add the certs to your Hilton account and let you book them online (like Marriott does) rather than just sending an email with a number that you have to hold onto for up to a year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.