Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Embassy Suites > stay a night get Callaway Wedge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Embassy Suites > stay a night get Callaway Wedge

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2013, 3:04 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, UA Gold
Got the email two weeks after my stay. No wedge. Lame.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 5:17 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond AA Platinum
Originally Posted by aww3583
I was one of the lucky ones. My wedge arrived Monday evening.

I love to see the business plan for this promotion.

The wedges retail for $119. Wholesale cost is, at most, probably half of that.

So for a $120-$140 night stay in a hotel, ES is giving you a $60 reward.

My best estimate is that, start to close, this promotion was just under 8 weeks in length. I wonder what ES's intention or planned duration was. I wonder how many wedges they had on-hand to give away.
On this particular wedge line and being that it was not done through Callaway (which is true), the wholesale is really no where near $60. In fact it was closer to $10 since these are closed out and purchased by overstock by a well known online retailer that specializes in that and them and ES got together for the promotion.

It takes nothing away from the hotel, the product or the reward, all of which are solid.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA:Platinum, HH:Diamond, SPG:Gold, Hertz:FS
I still haven't gotten an email about this. Any updates?
Old Jan 6, 2014, 10:23 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Did anyone get a callaway email for a stay that ended after nov. 28?
Had two one day stays (nov 27 & December 2) and did not get an email for either stay.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
I'm pretty sure they ran out well before Thanksgiving. I originally didn't get a wedge for for a late October stay; they eventually sent me one but I had to hassle them.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 8:28 pm

"Thank you for your inquiry regarding the limited time Callaway offer. We appreciate you taking the time to contact us.

Due to overwhelming demand, the Embassy Suites Suite Wedge Promotion ended on November 4 as it was offered while supplies lasted. I apologize if you did not receive the email alerting our members of this.

If there is anything else we can assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact us. For immediate assistance, please click on the link below for the contact number of the Hilton Worldwide Service Center location nearest you."
Old Jan 7, 2014, 8:36 pm

Call the DD, ask to be transferred to Guest Assistance. They are well-aware of the issue and will toss a bunch of points your way.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 6:29 am

I had two ES stays during this promotion. One in October and one in November.
I never received a notice that I would be awarded a wedge. I recently sent a note to Hilton and got this response:

"Thank you for your inquiry regarding the Embassy Suites Wedge promotion. We appreciate you taking the time to contact us.

I apologize for the inconvenience.
This promotion was available as supplies lasted. Due to the overwhelming interest in this promotion supplies only lasted through August 2013.

I have posted 10,000 bonus points to your HHonors account as a gesture of goodwill."

It would appear they ran out of wedges before this promo even started. I have had diamond status for over 15 years so was very disappointed with their response!
Old Feb 4, 2014, 7:30 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, AA Plat. Pro
Originally Posted by apex
I never received a notice that I would be awarded a wedge. I recently sent a note to Hilton and got this response:

"Thank you for your inquiry regarding the Embassy Suites Wedge promotion. We appreciate you taking the time to contact us.

This promotion was available as supplies lasted. Due to the overwhelming interest in this promotion supplies only lasted through August 2013.

I have posted 10,000 bonus points to your HHonors account as a gesture of goodwill."

It would appear they ran out of wedges before this promo even started. I have had diamond status for over 15 years so was very disappointed with their response!
I think that's a decent response since they ran out. What else were you hoping for?
Old Feb 5, 2014, 6:20 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond

I likewise had two stays during the promotion period, one only eight days after it began. I sent an e-mail inquiring about my wedge last night after reading your post. I promptly received a reply from HHonors giving me..."we're sorry". I seriously can't believe that they so underestimated the response to this promotion that they ran out of clubs in eight days. Seriously.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by v702
I seriously can't believe that they so underestimated the response to this promotion that they ran out of clubs in eight days. Seriously.
I'm pretty sure they only had a dozen or so wedges.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by FieldEngineer
I'm pretty sure they only had a dozen or so wedges.
And where exactly did you get this information? I know a couple of folks who got them early in the promo, so this must mean that there are only ten others worldwide? How odd.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 6:24 am

Programs: Hilton Honors LT Diamond, Marriott Gold Delta Gold, Avis Preferred Plus,

I can tell you this isn't correct either. I stayed in Mid Oct and got my Wedge. I actually received the wrong wedge sent it back and got the correct wedge.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by smmrfld
And where exactly did you get this information? I know a couple of folks who got them early in the promo, so this must mean that there are only ten others worldwide? How odd.
It was a joke intended to criticize the low supply of the wedges. I've heard I'm not that funny though, so no worries that you didn't get it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.