Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Colombia {COL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 7, 2016, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JohnnyColombia
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Colombia {COL}

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2013, 9:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/Club, AA Plat, Global Entry, Gold (RC, HHonors, SPG, Priority), LHW-LC
Arrow DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Colombia {COL}

Any thoughts on which is better? Will use HHonors points to book -- Embassy Suites is 50K while Hilton is 30K.

Which is closer to nightlife (restaurants, clubs, etc.)? Which one is safer? Which is closer to prime shopping?

Any experiences staying in either? Cleanliness? Customer service? Executive Lounge?

Two adults traveling.

Gracias!
Old May 11, 2013, 12:34 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by VanDude
Any thoughts on which is better? Will use HHonors points to book -- Embassy Suites is 50K while Hilton is 30K.

Which is closer to nightlife (restaurants, clubs, etc.)? Which one is safer? Which is closer to prime shopping?

Any experiences staying in either? Cleanliness? Customer service? Executive Lounge?

Two adults traveling.

Gracias!
Hi,

IIRC the two properties are not very far one from each other but in any case the Hilton is well located.

Hilton is quite new and it is a very nice property.

Bogota is now a safe city.

CS at the Hilton was great. Very good elite recognition and upgraded to a Junior Suite. Cannot remember about the ES because my last, and only stay there, was 5/6 years ago.

The executive lounge at the Hilton is OK, but the offerings(both breakfast and in the evenings) are not as good as some other properties in South America, as the Hilton Sao Paolo or Buenos Aires.

I do not know if at the Hilton you could take the b/fast in the restaurant.

B/fast at the ES was very good. I did not go to the managers reception so I cannot comment.

Taking in consideration the difference in points and that there is only two of you in the room, IMHO no brainer, Hilton all the way.
Old May 11, 2013, 12:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/Club, AA Plat, Global Entry, Gold (RC, HHonors, SPG, Priority), LHW-LC
more,

Thanks for the reply and advice. Certainly leaning toward the Hilton.
Old May 11, 2013, 11:26 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I recently stayed at the ES Rosales (was coming to the forum today to find a review thread). I would suggest the Hilton. I've not stayed there but the ES Rosales was not a pleasant stay. Walls were thin, a lot of street noise and the fountain in the lobby could be heard in the morning. I am a heavy sleeper so for me to comment about noise is rare.

Staff were nice, room service was prompt and decent. Next time I am in Bogota I will try the Hilton for sure.
Old May 12, 2013, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Thank you Rockin!
Old May 16, 2013, 1:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I did not like the Hilton at all. Small chaotic lobby, small strange rooms, nickel-and-dime charges for everything. Probably the worst service I've ever had in Colombia. On the plus side, the location is excellent (and that of the ES even better).
Old May 16, 2013, 6:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kacee
I did not like the Hilton at all. Small chaotic lobby, small strange rooms, nickel-and-dime charges for everything. Probably the worst service I've ever had in Colombia. On the plus side, the location is excellent (and that of the ES even better).
Thank you Kacee. Good to have alternative view.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
I'm going back to Bogota in a couple of weeks and find myself in the dilemma choosing between these two properties (or something else I suppose). Does anyne have any further advice? I'm currently leaning toward the Hilton. Last time I stayed at a hotel in La Candaleria which was fine during the day but completely unsafe at night. What is there to do near the Hilton and ES at night and is the area safe then?
Old Oct 13, 2013, 10:54 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Yes it's reasonably safe. Lots of restaurants and cafes within walking distance, especially around the ES on Calle 70. Not so much nightlife, Parque 93 and Zona T are livelier. But the nice thing about this location is it's very central, everything's a pretty easy taxi ride away.

In the same neighborhood, the JW Marriott is much nicer.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 6:46 pm

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Yes it's reasonably safe. Lots of restaurants and cafes within walking distance, especially around the ES on Calle 70. Not so much nightlife, Parque 93 and Zona T are livelier. But the nice thing about this location is it's very central, everything's a pretty easy taxi ride away.

In the same neighborhood, the JW Marriott is much nicer.
Do you know how much a current taxi to Zona T or G is from the Hilton today?
Is it safe to walk on weekends in the dark to either zone from the Hilton today?
Old Jun 14, 2014, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by frank_10b
Do you know how much a current taxi to Zona T or G is from the Hilton today?
Is it safe to walk on weekends in the dark to either zone from the Hilton today?
Taxis are cheap in Bogota. I don't recall exactly but it's not much at all.

"Safe" is a relative term. I would do that walk but there's some risk. It might be less risky than hailing a cab on the street, though I'll do that too.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 8:57 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Taxi from the Hilton to Zona T must be a "mnimo" so $3600 before 8pm and about $5000 thereafter.

Taxi to the Zona G would be silly because it is over the road
Old Jun 15, 2014, 2:43 pm

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Taxis are cheap in Bogota. I don't recall exactly but it's not much at all.

"Safe" is a relative term. I would do that walk but there's some risk. It might be less risky than hailing a cab on the street, though I'll do that too.
Great, thanks for all of the help from this thread.
So just to be clear, hailing a cab off the street in BOG is still dangerous because of the kidnapp/taxi/ATM robbery that can come from any street taxi? Correct?
And walking from Hilton to Zona T or Chapinero esp on weekend night is out of the question?
thanks!
Old Jun 15, 2014, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by frank_10b
So just to be clear, hailing a cab off the street in BOG is still dangerous because of the kidnapp/taxi/ATM robbery that can come from any street taxi? Correct?
And walking from Hilton to Zona T or Chapinero esp on weekend night is out of the question?
thanks!
I said there's some risk. I didn't say either was "out of the question." I've walked all over Rosales, Chapinero, Zona G, and the Parque 93 area at night. Others might be more cautious.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 11:06 am

Programs: AA EXP and 1MM, UA 1K, HH Lifetime Diamond
I am headed to Bogota for a week in April and did a search for information. I am not concerned about whether or not either hotel will charge me tax, I am only concerned about location and quality of the hotels.

Can anyone give me updated information on which of these hotels is nicer or in the nicer location?

Thanks for any help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.