Search

Hampton Inn Milpitas {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2004, 6:13 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Arrow Hampton Inn Milpitas {US-CA}

Silicon Valley is known for expensive properties, often full ones. Last night I stayed at the HI in Milpitas, a decent HI property located just off highway 237 near I-880 (the freeway ramps are under construction, so any directions I'd give would be useless soon... it's a little tortuous to get there, you use McCarthy S from 237 (immediately west of I-880) to Bellew E to Barber N.

The property has 4 floors, with somewhat noisy floors, so I recommend the 4th, and doors that aren't quite as noise-proof as I'd like - you can hear people talking or their TVs as you walk down the hall, but it seems better when you are IN the room.

Rooms are spacious, with a well-lit work desk and chair with a free network connection - if you don't travel with a Cat 5 cable, one wil be offered at the front desk. A modem connection is also available (no WiFi.) Most local calls and toll-free calls are free (some Area Code 408 calls are NOT free.)

A fridge, coffee maker, LodgeNet TV, hanging locker, iron and ironing board, lounge chair, a couple of drawers and night stands complete the scenario, with a decent adjustable window air con / heat set. HHonors elites get a bottle of water, a packet of Oreo cookies and a welcome note.

The bathroom is spacious, with the usual thin towels, large shower / tub, Dial soaps, shampoo and lotion.

Coffee and tea are available free in the lovbby 24 hours, cookies in the afternoon, and a decent included Continental breakfast includes juices, coffees, teas, fruits, breads (including bagels and cream cheese), hard cooked eggs, cereals and milk, yoghourt.

Across the street is a largely Vietnamese and Chinese shopping block full of Asian restaurants, including a Vietnamese faux-Japanese sushi restaurant. Next door is a Crown Plaza with restaurant.

Across highway 237 on McCarthy is a shopping mall with a Barnes and Noble bookstore and a number of restaurants, including a steakhouse.

Well situated and decently priced for doing business on the east side of Silicon Valley. Just ask for a 4th floor room...

(Edited for brand accuracy of soap)

[This message has been edited by JDiver (edited Mar 12, 2004).]
Old Mar 11, 2004, 6:25 pm

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
Don't forget the nearby In-N-Out Burger!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.