Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Rumor - Diamonds to get all on-property benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rumor - Diamonds to get all on-property benefits

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2012, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by dmodemd
Free parking? Everywhere?? Maybe?....
They should offer it at a benefit at properties where the hotel owns the parking lot/garage. If someone else owns the garage or they use an offsite parking facality like their NYC properties, I can certainly understand why they charge for parking.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by cordelli
Did they say it was free? Knowing Hilton, they will add an "all on property benefits" rate plan.
Ha!
Old Jan 17, 2012, 10:48 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond; My Mom's Favorite Kid
Originally Posted by Hhonor Gguard
I've got an internal memo about this. I could always give some declassified highlights, but I don't think you lot would be interested in any of it... Would you?
You're such a tease.

Does the memo say that I'll get 250 points AND a four pack of Oreos?
Old Jan 17, 2012, 10:49 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, AS MVP Gold
I've got an internal memo about this. I could always give some declassified highlights, but I don't think you lot would be interested in any of it... Would you?

Yes, I would be interested.....please share
Old Jan 17, 2012, 11:04 am

where i am confused about upgrades
I travel and usually stay at embassy suites or hampton inns and really don care about ugrades. in 2010 had 210 nights and 2011 280 nights. I vacation at Waldorfs and other resorts and never received in upgrade in two years. dont get me wrong i have had nice rooms but never a suite. and yes my profile is set to upgrades.
every place i have been i have been treated very well
Old Jan 17, 2012, 12:16 pm

deleted, company policy

Last edited by Hhonor Gguard; Dec 2, 2013 at 10:52 am Reason: deleted, company policy
Old Jan 17, 2012, 12:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
Confirmed LOL.

OK, here's the skinny:

First off, the changes only affect W=A, Conrad, Hilton and DT.

Secondly, Oreos are America's favorite cookie and you oughta show proper respect.

Third of all, that should have been first because Oreos are incredible.

• Space-available upgrades will be offered to Gold and Diamond VIPs regardless of MyWay preference.
  • Diamond members will be eligible for suite upgrades (oh SNAP).
  • Diamond members will also receive all three MyWay selections (except for W=A).

I don't think there is anything too proprietary about that info as this will all be communicated to members shortly. Big ol' disclaimer: Things could change between now and when you get the official scoop. Don't take this as the gospel truth and don't go telling some poor desk agent "BUT HHONOR GGUARD SAID...". Treat me like an unreliable narrator. Maybe I've been dead for the whole movie!

ES, HGI, HX, HW, H2 and HGV remain unchanged.
This is very promising news! It's long over-due for HHonors to recognize diamond members and meanwhile differentiate diamond from gold.

All of these three points, I value suite upgrade the most.

As to your first point, I am curious if diamond members will get free breakfast(s) regardless of MyWay selection as well?

Thanks!
Old Jan 17, 2012, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
That is one of the few things that could convince me to try to maintain Diamond.

NB Retention will be on stays at bargain-basement rates at £40+VAT at my local Hilton
Old Jan 17, 2012, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by lewende
suite upgrade the most.

As to your first point, I am curious if diamond members will get free breakfast(s) regardless of MyWay selection as well?

Thanks!
Even better would be if they gave a FULL HOT breakfast to diamonds who had breakfast for my way at all properties instead of just a continental. For people that stay in full service hiltons without lodges and conrads this would be a very good incentive for people to go for diamond instead of gold.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by stifle

NB Retention will be on stays at bargain-basement rates at £40+VAT at my local Hilton
Bradford ?
Old Jan 17, 2012, 12:52 pm

OMG, suite upgrade. I have never been upgraded to a suite from a hotel that has non-suite rooms.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by ysb41
Bradford ?
Bradford is normally cheaper than that! My local is Dartford Bridge.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 1:12 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond; My Mom's Favorite Kid
Confirmed LOL.

OK, here's the skinny:

First off, the changes only affect W=A, Conrad, Hilton and DT.
But that doesn't mean I get Oreos AND points...
Old Jan 17, 2012, 1:19 pm

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
They should offer it at a benefit at properties where the hotel owns the parking lot/garage. If someone else owns the garage or they use an offsite parking facality like their NYC properties, I can certainly understand why they charge for parking.
There's a different reason hotels often charge for parking -- otherwise they'd have to pass the charge through as part of the room charge-- which in itself isn't bad, but remember there's all that tax that gets added.

and that's fine by me, particularly when I'm on a trip where I don't need / have a car.

Bob H
Old Jan 17, 2012, 1:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
Originally Posted by BobH
There's a different reason hotels often charge for parking -- otherwise they'd have to pass the charge through as part of the room charge-- which in itself isn't bad, but remember there's all that tax that gets added.

and that's fine by me, particularly when I'm on a trip where I don't need / have a car.

Bob H
Hotels also charge tax on top of parking fee too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.