Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Rumor - Diamonds to get all on-property benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rumor - Diamonds to get all on-property benefits

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2012, 8:10 am

Programs: AF Frequence Plus Rouge pour toujours, BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, BW Rewards Diamond
People, it's not official yet hence it's not effective immediately.
The official announcement will surely mention a start date (or not).

UTA
Old Jan 18, 2012, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by UTA_flyinghigh

UTA
Post 76 mentions it starts Jan 18
Old Jan 18, 2012, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by 1K+
Post 76 mentions it starts Jan 18
& why should a random date posted by a non-company representative be taken as the starting date????
Old Jan 18, 2012, 9:10 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Keyser
& why should a random date posted by a non-company representative be taken as the starting date????
Why not? It is of no consequence anyway...
Old Jan 18, 2012, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by drewdawg199
Anyone want to take a guess at what "standard suites" will include? And does space available upgrade mean if a "standard suite" is available for the length of your stay for a cash purchase, that you will be upgraded to it?
Most likely Studio/Junior/Executive type suites are "standard" suites. I have to say that this benefit change will make myself far more likely to choose a Hilton branded property. Quite frankly I have avoided properties like Millennium Hilton and Conrad in Bangkok due to stinginess in upgrades, or should I say by the book.

Starwood has had this same arrangement for quite some time. The upgrades are sometimes a challenge at non suite heavy US properties, where there can be lots of Platinums at times. My upgrade success internationally is close to 100%.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by BuilderTraveller
Why not? It is of no consequence anyway...
why would you say that????
Old Jan 18, 2012, 12:00 pm

deleted, company policy

Last edited by Hhonor Gguard; Dec 2, 2013 at 10:52 am Reason: deleted, company policy
Old Jan 18, 2012, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta - PM, Hilton - Diamond, PriorityClub - Platinum
Originally Posted by UTA_flyinghigh

UTA
Agreed, I can't imagine it actually started today. The person that I spoke with about this mentioned "early February". As to an offical announcement, I am suprised that we have not seen anything from our friends with the green names.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 12:39 pm

I wonder...

Have just booked Hilton Dalaman, Turkey for the third year running I am wondering if the "standard" suite might be better than the two corner suites I have been upgraded to on the last two visits......
Old Jan 18, 2012, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by turntheheatdown
Have just booked Hilton Dalaman, Turkey for the third year running I am wondering if the "standard" suite might be better than the two corner suites I have been upgraded to on the last two visits......
just because the benefit states upgrades to standard suites, doesn't mean that the property can't upgrade you further....i've lost count of the number of specialty suites i've been upgraded to at spg properties over the years, even though specialty suites are excluded from the upgrade pool....
Old Jan 18, 2012, 1:23 pm

Programs: Club Carlson - Silver Elite, Hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by Keyser
I work for DoubleTree. I think that counts as both a company representative AND a reliable source (hence why i took a picture of the screen)
Old Jan 18, 2012, 1:34 pm
alc

I wonder the 1000 points on reward stay will get take away with this change. I like this change, it safe me from remember to change my MyWay after check-in to get both points & upgrade
Old Jan 18, 2012, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I just checked into a Doubletree, with a "coupon" acknowledging my choice of 1000 points, instead of breakfast.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by Hhonor Gguard

First off, the changes only affect W=A, Conrad, Hilton and DT.
  • Diamond members will be eligible for suite upgrades (oh SNAP).

ES, HGI, HX, HW, H2 and HGV remain unchanged.
Darn it! That's what I get for not checking F Talk for a few days. Booked an Executive Suite at the Conrad BKK last night for several days. Could have saved myself quite a few hundred dollars.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 3:47 pm
Suspended

Hm?! Is it official now?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.