Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Rumor - Diamonds to get all on-property benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rumor - Diamonds to get all on-property benefits

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2012, 11:29 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by lewende
Although I am looking for upgrade certificates or deep discount for points redemption for diamond members...
That would make me think again of not reneviewing my diamond status. Hope it holds true what the OP whispered!!!
Old Jan 16, 2012, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
I doubt any diamond members would choose 1000 points instead of free breakfasts and upgrade right now.
I've done it when I had booked a B&B rate (due to sales) and was in a hotel without a lounge.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 12:34 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
...why HHonors declines to offer best available rooms to diamond members....

In most of my stays in the last two years (whether paid or reward) I have indeed had an upgrade to a suite, or executive room, etc. (at those properties where there is actually upgrade inventory. I once winced listening to a DYKWIA Diamond arguing with the clerk at a Hampton Inn insisting he should get an "upgrade" - despite the fact that there was no upgraded inventory whatsoever in that hotel!)
Old Jan 16, 2012, 12:44 pm

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
If this took place in 2011, I will be curious about what to add up to this equation - 9000 points for a 2-night stay with a deep discount rate? Something is missing here.
The date !

It took Jan 6-8 -- and the last time I heard it's now 2012 <lol>

I'm counting 7,000 promo points, plus what I would have gotten normally, plus what I get for being Diamond.

I'm not counting points that come in for using certain credit cards.

Had I not used a deep discount rate, I would have gotten even more points, but paid more money !

Bob H.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 12:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
Originally Posted by BobH
The date !

It took Jan 6-8 -- and the last time I heard it's now 2012 <lol>

I'm counting 7,000 promo points, plus what I would have gotten normally, plus what I get for being Diamond.

I'm not counting points that come in for using certain credit cards.

Had I not used a deep discount rate, I would have gotten even more points, but paid more money !

Bob H.
If this took place for Q1 promotion, it makes much better sense.

Your thread mentioned "a couple of weeks ago", whereas we only had 2 weeks in 2012...
Old Jan 16, 2012, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by cblaisd

In most of my stays in the last two years (whether paid or reward) I have indeed had an upgrade to a suite, or executive room, etc. (at those properties where there is actually upgrade inventory. I once winced listening to a DYKWIA Diamond arguing with the clerk at a Hampton Inn insisting he should get an "upgrade" - despite the fact that there was no upgraded inventory whatsoever in that hotel!)
I wouldn't be totally thrilled to get an upgrade to an executive room, after I know how SPG and IHG treat their top tier members.

To my limited experience, vast majority of HHonors hotels in the US are minimalists. They opted to upgrade just one-level and refused to go above and beyond, even if they had suite inventories wide open.

Unfortunately, this one-level upgrade often denotes a room on executive floor or no-frill "deluxe" standard room.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 1:25 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Sorry you've had such a bad experience

I've enjoyed in the last couple of years or so two Presidential Suite upgrades at a wonderful Doubletree (on $65/night rates!), a Presidential Suite upgrade at an HGI, a couple of more suite upgrades at the same HGI (and much apologizing for not having the Presidential Suite available for an upgrade!), one of the corner penthouse rooms at the Doubletree in Honolulu, a huge suite upgrade with view at the Hilton Waikoloa Village. These are just the ones I remember right off hand.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 1:32 pm

I've enjoyed in the last couple of years or so two Presidential Suite upgrades at a wonderful Doubletree (on $65/night rates!), a Presidential Suite upgrade at an HGI, a couple of more suite upgrades at the same HGI (and much apologizing for not having the Presidential Suite available for an upgrade!), one of the corner penthouse rooms at the Doubletree in Honolulu, a huge suite upgrade with view at the Hilton Waikoloa Village. These are just the ones I remember right off hand.
Lucky you...

I did find much better upgrades on resort hotels. Unfortunately, I just barely go to any Hilton resorts in the US.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 4:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP; HH Diamond
In Hilton's words, upgraded when "standard" suites are available.

suite
Originally Posted by Keyser
denies suite upgrades when suites are available????
Old Jan 16, 2012, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Pray tell--what are the magic words we mere (Diamond) mortals are failing to utter?
Old Jan 16, 2012, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by travelexpert
Pray tell--what are the magic words we mere (Diamond) mortals are failing to utter?
+1, same here.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by etsmyers
since I am a 1-2 night kinda guy, I always choose points.
+1, me too

Ditto here.
Ha, this is what I've been calling true double dipping. It used to work at all hotels, but when HH started clamping down on this about 50% of the properties now enforce it.

Wow, I'd say that is good luck as I only had 1x I had the Pres suite. I mostly think it was because the FDC was flirting with me.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 12:13 am

Programs: LH SEN, Hilton Diamond, AF/KL & BA basic memberships, Tufty Club Exec Plutonium
I have enough trouble getting the room booked these days, without having a chimera of suite upgrades.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 9:06 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Free parking? Everywhere?? Maybe?....
Old Jan 17, 2012, 9:26 am

deleted, company policy

Last edited by Hhonor Gguard; Dec 2, 2013 at 10:52 am Reason: deleted, company policy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.