Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Help With Visa Caribbean Promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2002, 11:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium

There's some kind of special that Hilton referred me to from their web site in cooperation with Visa:

http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/promotio...ml?id=51300004

I am trying to get more detail as to which properties and what rates you have to pay or if you simply pay at any rate (free stays inclusive) to get the benefits.

I checked:

http://www.visa.com

and there's no mention of it.

Anyone hear of this?
Old Feb 11, 2002, 2:52 pm

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
The link you provided only lists the Jalousie Hilton in St Lucia as participating. This could be a hotel specific special. It looks like you have to book the room using the Visa Special at the hotel website. The regular rates are expensive but this place has gotten rave reviews by other FlyerTalkers.

------------------
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Old Feb 12, 2002, 6:23 am

I saw a "VISA special" rate at the Caribe Hilton, San Juan, PR.
Old Feb 12, 2002, 1:28 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
I just used this "special" at the British Colonial Hilton in Nassau, Bahamas.

the "special" was: Must stay three days or more, Must charge stay to visa card, got a good rate (I paid $121 per night, normal rate is over $220 at this property), Charging three or more days gets you a $50 food and Beverage credit.

This special Visa rate just appeared in the rate column at Hilton.com. I did not request it.

don't know which properties are elligible, but seeing as there are only 7 Hilton properties in the Carribean, one could easily check all 7.
Old Feb 12, 2002, 6:59 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2 MM, DL PLT
I have booked the same VISA rate at the Hilton KIN (which apparently, no one has ever stayed at!!).

It appeared with the other rates on both hilton.com and itn.net.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.