Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Embassy Suites

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2009, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by loomis
.........................I can't say if any of them are "highly rated" or not. I really like the Dorado, PR hotel, though, for its true oceanfront location. A true suite, hot BK, and evening reception for prices similar to what you find at a normal full service resort with standard rooms and no free BK.
You are kidding of course. They charge $6-$10 for both self service and valet parking in addition to a 12% resort fee for mostly unknown or hidden resort services. etc. As I remember the ocean beach is not exactly at your doorstep and the evening nibblies are mostly 100% salty stale stuff (read pretzels-n-pototo chips quickly grabbed up by the mooching local non-registered relatives of the hotel employees.

MisterNice
Old May 7, 2009, 11:05 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Mandalay Beach

Photos of the ES Mandalay Beach in Oxnard, CA seem to show it is right on the beach. Any recent stays/opinions?
Old May 7, 2009, 11:44 pm

Programs: United Gold, BA Plat, Starwood Plat, Hilton Silver
Stayed at ES Oxnard about 1 1/2 years ago (I know sorta dated). I loved it. I got a room facing the ocean on the bottom floor (Gold upgrade) and it was great just walking out to the beach. I also liked that it wasnt crowded, which made it sorta feel like a private beach (granted, i wasnt there during summer). The night reception was better than the avg. ES (drinks were good). THere is a large hot tub that was a lot of fun as well. I think there are tennis courts there too but dont remember. It is also easy to get to the Channel Islands from there.
Old May 7, 2009, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by leeinct
Embassy Orlando Airport??? Really???

I found that one to be OK at best.
Pay attention to when the original thread started Feb 20, 01 Someone need to post a new list. I doubt a property can stay in one of the best 15 after 8 years, it is not like Conrad Hong Kong
Old May 8, 2009, 8:50 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott-SPG Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
I'm sure it's not the very best, but I quite like ES Niagara Falls (Canada side). Some of the room views are quite excellent. Huge evening reception and breakfast areas. But it's a large property (lots of guests).
Really? We stayed there once and while the views were great and the rooms were decent, the elevators were brutal. 20 minute waits were the norm not the exception, regardless of time of day. For that reason alone we rate it lower than other Embassy's.

I'll stick to my earlier comment that the ES Waikiki is the best I've been at thus far.
Old May 8, 2009, 6:38 pm

let me start off

with saying i usually stay at either Marriott or Westin but this time the project i am on we are staying at the Embassy in Tuscon and i have to say i am very impressed by both the service and hotel itself plus the location at the foot of the Catalina Mountains is a bonus. Very nice courtyard and pool and spa area. I usually don't impress easily but they got me on this one.
Old May 12, 2009, 5:29 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Thanks for the Montreal info--that is now definitely on my "to do" list.....

Are there any other great ES properties ex-US?
Old Sep 9, 2017, 3:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Hhonors Diamond, AA Exec Plat, National Exec Elite
Best Embassy Suites? Where?

I have a one-night free certificate to use before 10/31/2017.

If you had to pick the best Embassy to use it at where would that be?

I have already called and asked for an extension on timeline and or ability to use at another Hilton property, I was denied.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 4:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by B767capt

I have already called and asked for an extension on timeline and or ability to use at another Hilton property, I was denied.
Questions like this have a lot of variance, based on the responder and what the requestors requirements/needs are. You have not supplied much to go on.

Have you reviewed this thread? Best Embassy Suites . Perhaps you can start a wiki?
Old Sep 9, 2017, 8:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Hhonors Diamond, AA Exec Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by KENNECTED
Questions like this have a lot of variance, based on the responder and what the requestors requirements/needs are. You have not supplied much to go on.

Have you reviewed this thread? Best Embassy Suites . Perhaps you can start a wiki?

the thread you moved this too is very old. I'm looking for people's opinions about the best embassy properties to redeem a one night at. I do not believe I need to supply more than this. I do not have any requirements or any needs simply looking for what folks think is the best property to redeem a free night.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 8:54 pm

Programs: Platinum
The ES in downtown Portland, OR is still decent. Old building (the former Multnomah Hotel built in 1912). 2 blocks from the MAX station to PDX, right in the middle of every Portland has to offer.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
The closer you can wait until a) a mid-week stay and b) after mid-September to avoid all of the families, the better your stay will be - assuming you're staying for yourself.

If you're trying to book for you and your family, disregard what I just wrote

David
Old Sep 9, 2017, 11:44 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT (3.6+ MM), UA 1K LT Gold, Hilton LT Diamond, Bonvoy Gold.
Originally Posted by JerryFF
Photos of the ES Mandalay Beach in Oxnard, CA seem to show it is right on the beach. Any recent stays/opinions?
I stay there once a year. It's just meh IMHO. My stay in April was my last. No recognition of Diamond, I mean none at all, smelly corridors with sticky carpets, older rooms in dire need of modernization, noisy AC and very inflexible management. Check out is 11:00 and no option to extend, I was told by the FD "they needed me gone by 11:00" and ensured that by having the maid knock on the door at 10:55. Coupled with high resort fees, no thanks. It's on the beach however. Just that Oxnard isn't a dream destination in my books.

Last edited by timfountain; Sep 10, 2017 at 1:25 pm
Old Sep 10, 2017, 5:52 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by B767capt

Although dated from 2014 and specific to one franchisee, the following link may provide some more guidance: http://embassysuitesmediacenter.com/index.cfm/news/jqh-lands-most-wins-with-2014-embassy-suites-brand-awards-including-connie-awards
Old Sep 10, 2017, 6:36 am

Programs: HH-Diamond, Delta-Diamond
That original list is hilarious. The Lompoc ES is a huge dump and has been for a long time. It has to be one of the most profitable however since it's always sold out due to Vandenberg AFB. Rooms go for $300+ per night sometimes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.