Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Guesses for 4th Quarter Promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Guesses for 4th Quarter Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2010, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Unless award stays count, double points (on incidentals) would work better for me. My question is: when will registration open up as my first check-in will be the night of the Oct 5th?
Old Sep 29, 2010, 11:46 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond; My Mom's Favorite Kid
Originally Posted by rhyme
Dear Hilton,

I hate the fact your rooms have 14 pillows. What research indicated that people need so many? Did you notice how dumb it looks to have to place the pillows parallel to the bed frame so that they fit? Moreover, if you are going to give me 14 pillows, couldn't they at least be stuffed differently so that customers can find a pillow that feels more comfortable?

Please make the fourth quarter promotion 10,000 points for every pillow that customers destroy.

Regards,
Diamond
P.S. And another 5000 points for every pillow that touches the may-not-have-been-washed-since-the-last-guest duvet cover and little housekeeping cardstock note.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 2:22 pm

Programs: United- 1K, National-ExSelect, Hilton- Dia, Marriott- PlatPrem, Hyatt - Diamond
Thumbs up

Hey all, so, I stay at the Embassy Suites in Dublin OH every week. They were one of the properties who did NOT participate in the Q3 promo, however, I was told by the Business Travel Manager that in Q4 it will be double base points. Not to mention that if your stay includes Sunday night, it will be Quadruple points.

Now, I havnt seen any documentation from Hilton on this promo, this is just the information that I have received from the Business Travel Manager. Ill let you know if I find out anything else!
Old Sep 29, 2010, 5:23 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, United 1K,
Originally Posted by rkmontoya
I was told by the Business Travel Manager that in Q4 it will be double base points. Not to mention that if your stay includes Sunday night, it will be Quadruple points.
Does Hilton ever do promos with quadruple points? I'm new to this and want to know if I should get my hopes up since I've got several 5 day stays starting on Sunday in the next few months
Old Sep 29, 2010, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by DAS02135
Does Hilton ever do promos with quadruple points? I'm new to this and want to know if I should get my hopes up since I've got several 5 day stays starting on Sunday in the next few months
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that promo.

Bobette
Old Sep 30, 2010, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by DAS02135
don't count on it....
Old Sep 30, 2010, 2:02 am

Programs: AF Frequence Plus Rouge pour toujours, BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, BW Rewards Diamond
Is this going to be capped? If not I see the potential for 100k points i.e 75k for 12 stays + the 25k of the *targeted* promo.

UTA
Old Sep 30, 2010, 3:52 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by divemistressofthedark
WHEN will I learn not to schedule HH stays for the first week of the quarter...]
Working out fine for me. We're staying at a Radisson this Friday. Just joined Gold Points and booked online. What with the bonuses that's enough points to transfer to USAirways to get a hit in their Grand Slam promotion.

Of course, we're moving to a Hilton on Saturday...
Old Sep 30, 2010, 7:53 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by saad
don't count on it....
In USA I have seen several times rates, in stays that include a Sunday night, that come with triple points.
So if you add a double points Q4 promotion(on base points) it would be 4*points, no? or I am missing something here?
Old Sep 30, 2010, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I've gotten triple points as a hotel-specific offer, so I suppose that should be combine-able with a Hilton-wide double points promo for a 4x net haul.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 11:46 am

Programs: LH SEN, Hilton Diamond, AF/KL & BA basic memberships, Tufty Club Exec Plutonium
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Unless award stays count, double points (on incidentals) would work better for me. My question is: when will registration open up as my first check-in will be the night of the Oct 5th?
I have an expensive 4 nighter starting tomorrow. I'm sort of glad I'm only staying in Hiltons when I want to now.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 8:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Premier Plat, Alaska MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
When would this start, and do you typically have to register? I'm in an HGI now, checking out tomorrow, then back in a DT on Sunday. If it'd start on the 1st, that'd be fantastic!

And thanks for the heads up on this, it's appreciated!
Old Sep 30, 2010, 9:06 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, AS MVP Gold
I would say there is about a 0% chance of the Q4 promo starting on Oct. 1 (assuming there is a promo at all). All promo's this year have started approximately the second week of each quarter.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by drewdawg199
I would say there is about a 0% chance of the Q4 promo starting on Oct. 1 (assuming there is a promo at all). All promo's this year have started approximately the second week of each quarter.
It could be possible Q4 could though seeing there are no holidays in early october unless you count columbus day/canada thanksgiving which is Oct 11 and I would hope Hilton would start the Q4 before then.

Q1 the first day of the month is new years, Q2 I think was right before easter this year and Q3 you had July 4. I am sure hilton wants to wait until after major holidays before starting the quarterly promo
Old Sep 30, 2010, 11:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by saviox
In USA I have seen several times rates, in stays that include a Sunday night, that come with triple points.
So if you add a double points Q4 promotion(on base points) it would be 4*points, no? or I am missing something here?
my point was to not get your hopes up till hilton officially announces the promo....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.