Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

El Conquistador, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {PRI} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

El Conquistador, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {PRI} (no longer Honors)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2015, 2:02 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Priority Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Piggybacking on BJfly's request: Any experiences for Golds? I'm hoping for a free breakfast, but I'm guessing I will be out of luck.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 3:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by rachel645
Piggybacking on BJfly's request: Any experiences for Golds? I'm hoping for a free breakfast, but I'm guessing I will be out of luck.
Was there in August. No free breakfast for golds - couple drink coupons and room upgrade to the marina ocean front area.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 4:14 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by sam_goh
Was there in August. No free breakfast for golds - couple drink coupons and room upgrade to the marina ocean front area.
Yes breakfast is a diamond only benefit here
Old Dec 15, 2015, 7:01 am

Looking for a quick 4 day getaway, rooms available here for 50K/night. Good value?

Easy to catch the boat to Vieques? How about the dining options outside of the hotel, probably a little too pricey for us to eat there often.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 7:14 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by utl567
Looking for a quick 4 day getaway, rooms available here for 50K/night. Good value?

Easy to catch the boat to Vieques? How about the dining options outside of the hotel, probably a little too pricey for us to eat there often.
This property is normally a good redemption value (i.e. over 1/2 cent value per Hilton point), because the resort fee that is waived on reward stays is quite expensive. Make sure to look at premium reward options too. Normally you can secure a full ocean view room (worth it) for only a few thousand points more per night.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 7:30 am

La Estacion and Pasion por el Fogon were good when I stayed there. Pasion is pricier, but very good. Not walkable. La Estacion is a 10 minute walk from the lobby through the golf course. More affordable. Other than that, there's not much around the resort.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by tls62pa
La Estacion and Pasion por el Fogon were good when I stayed there. Pasion is pricier, but very good. Not walkable. La Estacion is a 10 minute walk from the lobby through the golf course. More affordable. Other than that, there's not much around the resort.
Thanks. Looks like itll either be this hotel or another hilton/marriott over on isla verde. Any thoughts on which area may be better?
Old Dec 15, 2015, 8:37 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Tagging on, as a Gold, what are the chances of getting upgraded to oceanfront type room when booking a std award stay? Or should a person just book the upgraded room type from the git go, assuming the redemption level is reasonable?
Old Dec 15, 2015, 9:16 am

Thanks. Looks like itll either be this hotel or another hilton/marriott over on isla verde. Any thoughts on which area may be better?
I've not stayed at El C, but I have stayed at every property on Isla Verde. Much easier base to travel around PR in Isla Verde. The hotels aren't overly great, but I'm not sure anything in PR is "plush" these days. Isla Verde has a nice long beach and a ton of eating options around. Rental cars are cheap and if you want to drive to Fajardo to do a boat trip out from there it's a little less than an hour's drive, same for the rainforest. You'll be fine either way, but if it were me, I wouldn't overspend on El C.
Thanks
Old Dec 15, 2015, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by badgersfly
I've not stayed at El C, but I have stayed at every property on Isla Verde. Much easier base to travel around PR in Isla Verde. The hotels aren't overly great, but I'm not sure anything in PR is "plush" these days. Isla Verde has a nice long beach and a ton of eating options around. Rental cars are cheap and if you want to drive to Fajardo to do a boat trip out from there it's a little less than an hour's drive, same for the rainforest. You'll be fine either way, but if it were me, I wouldn't overspend on El C.
Thanks

Appreciate it, sounds like both are decent choices. Many more options in Isla Verde though, just gotta figure out how badly we want to go to Vieques.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 5:32 pm

Appreciate it, sounds like both are decent choices. Many more options in Isla Verde though, just gotta figure out how badly we want to go to Vieques.
I would also suggest taking the ferry to Culebra. Ferries from near the same spot as to Vieques. The beach on Culebra is considered one of the best in the world.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 7:55 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold

Try Di Yukas. The food was spectacular even if you are seated outside on plastic lawn chairs.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by tls62pa
I would also suggest taking the ferry to Culebra. Ferries from near the same spot as to Vieques. The beach on Culebra is considered one of the best in the world.
Would you do Culebra over Vieques? I figure due to the short time, we only have time for one, unless they can both be done in one day.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 11:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe

I'd take the short plane ride over from the East side of the island. Cheap and fast. No dealing with uncertain ferry situations/cabs/getting your car off the island and back.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 9:28 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
As a Diamond, what building should I aim for to book a room on points?
I have a family with small kids, so location convenience is important, but a nice view would be great as well. Maybe you can't have one without the other?

Which rooms have been recently renovated?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.