Search

Waldorf Astoria Jerusalem {ISR}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2008, 5:48 am
Original Poster

Arrow Waldorf Astoria Jerusalem {ISR}

(Article in Hebrew)

http://consumer.themarker.com/tmc/ar...ayer3=consumer

Quick translation - Hilton have signed an agreement to build a Waldorf Astoria brand hotel in Jerusalem in the building that holds the Ministry of industry, commerce and infrastructure, formerly known as the Palace hotel building. The hotel will include the old building (preserving the exterior facade) and 2 additional buildings.
Planned opening is in 2010.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 8:31 am

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
Good news!
Old Apr 17, 2008, 10:05 am
Original Poster

The Waldorf=Astoria Collection® Signs Agreement to Open First Hotel in Israel

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/s...79&newsLang=en

JERUSALEM & LONDON & BEVERLY HILLS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Hilton Hotels Corporation and IPC Jerusalem Ltd have today jointly announced the execution of a management agreement to introduce the first Waldorf=Astoria Collection hotel in Israel. To be known as The Palace Jerusalem - The Waldorf=Astoria Collection, the historic property is anticipated to open by the end of 2010 and will form part of development featuring approximately 220 rooms and suites. In addition, approximately 30 Waldorf=Astoria Collection residences are expected to be developed on the site.

Welcoming today’s announcement, Wolfgang M. Neumann, President of Hilton Hotels Europe, said: “Israel is enjoying continued rapid and robust commercial activity which is fuelling a strong demand for high quality hotel brands. We are very pleased to be working with IPC Jerusalem Ltd to introduce what will be a magnificent hotel and a superb addition to The Waldorf=Astoria Collection.”

Neumann added: “With two existing properties located in key Israeli destinations, the introduction of this prestigious brand reaffirms our commitment to integrating our successful Hilton Family of Brands into key markets throughout Europe.”

“Every aspect of The Palace Jerusalem is special”, said Y. Dov Meyer of IPC. “It is a combination of a world class developer, the perfect location, a unique historic building and now a member of an exclusive brand. Jerusalem is benefiting from a renaissance of new high-end developments; however, for our customers, location and design are simply not enough. The Palace has taken this trend a step further by offering its residents the combination of privately owned homes together with the opportunity to have services of a luxury full-service hotel.”

Hilton currently operates two hotels in Israel – the Hilton Tel Aviv and Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba. The newest addition to the company’s Israeli portfolio is situated in one of Jerusalem’s key locations, at the intersection of King David, Agron and Mamila Streets, just steps from the Old City. Built in 1929, the impressive structure is currently undergoing an extensive renovation programme, which will see the historic facade of intricate stone carvings and decorative arches fully restored, as well as a complete rebuilding of the interior. The hotel will offer 220 spacious suites and guestrooms, with facilities including a choice of three restaurants, a 500m2 spa and fitness facility with pool, in addition to extensive conference and meeting facilities and on-site parking. Sited adjacent to the hotel, the luxurious Residences at The Palace Jerusalem - The Waldorf=Astoria Collection will have views of the Old City and will enjoy access to services from the hotel.

Today’s news also reflects The Waldorf=Astoria Collection’s fast moving international expansion, having recently announced plans to introduce its first European property in Rome this spring, following the re-branding of the Rome Cavalieri.

The Waldorf=Astoria Collection currently has five properties - four in the United States, comprising the inspiration for the brand, the legendary Waldorf=Astoria® in New York; Arizona Biltmore Resort & Spa in Phoenix, Arizona; Grand Wailea Resort Hotel & Spa in Maui, Hawaii; and La Quinta Resort & Club in Southern California. In addition, it also operates the 46-suite Qasr Al Sharq or “Palace of the Orient” in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

The company is also developing brand new Waldorf=Astoria hotels and residences in key cities around the world including, The Waldorf=Astoria Orlando in Florida and Dakota Mountain Lodge in Park City, Utah, both due to open in 2009, as well as The Waldorf=Astoria Sarasota in Florida and the proposed The Waldorf=Astoria Beverly Hills in California, which are scheduled to open in 2010.
Old May 5, 2008, 12:12 pm
Suspended

Jerusalem, Israel new Waldorf Collection 12/10

Passed by the Old Palace Hotel on Agron St (which till recently was the Ministry of Trade & Labour). It had a 2 story banner claiming about their 12/10 opening as a part of The Waldorf Collection. Sorry should have said 12/2010

When it does open it would mean Hilton finally makes it back into the city. The original Hilton is now a Crowne Plaza, and the replacement Hilton its original owners went under an dthe people who purchased it and finished building it had it flagged for maybe 1 yr as a Hilton before leaving Hilton, the Hotel is still The Davids Citadel where Condi was staying this past week, but no longer is the Hitlton Davids Citadel.

There will be part of The Place that is directly across from the DC. It seems to be a mixed complex or Hotel & Residences. Not sure of the % for either. location best to say on the corner of Agron and King David St for those who know the city
Old May 5, 2008, 12:55 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
Wow, seems I become jealous. "Waldorf=Astoria" Collection arrives in Israel. Have to find some new suppliers there till 2010, preferably Medical Devices, or some customers, need help
Old May 18, 2009, 3:53 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
Seems like work on this project has been halted..... I haven't seen anyone working there in a few weeks now

Anyone have more info?
Old Mar 28, 2011, 10:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Walked by the construction site a few days ago when we were in Israel. Seems like they still have a LONG way to go. My guess would be another year minimum. But the location is very good (down the street from the King David Hotel and across the street from the Mamilla mall, so 5-7 minutes walk to the Jaffa Gate of the old city). But the signs still proclaim a Waldorf Astoria coming soon.
Old Apr 20, 2013, 6:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonours Diamond
It is looking closer to finish with an estimated opening in August but no way to reserve yet. Half the staff will be coming from Hilton Tel Aviv (the staff there told me so). I want to book early September and have emailed the new manager and waiting a response.

However my "project slippage slide rule" says that if its advertised August 2014 it will open December 2014.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 2:31 pm

Looks like November according to many websites and interviews, which probably means early next year. Visiting in July, so got some time yet!
Old Sep 14, 2013, 1:29 pm

Programs: Everything
Hilton is finally taking reservations for May 1, 2014 onwards. I am hoping to reserve in mid March so I am still waiting.
Old Sep 15, 2013, 4:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonours Diamond
I was hoping to book for last week but it was still not open so stayed in the David Citadel ( used to be Hilton). From there you could see into the rooms and from the state (or lack of) of build, it seems May 2014 is about right,
Old Sep 15, 2013, 4:17 pm

So you think it is unrealistic to hope for a March stay?
Old Sep 16, 2013, 12:04 am

Originally Posted by HeavenlyJane
So you think it is unrealistic to hope for a March stay?
Not necessarily. I emailed the hotel last to ask about a booking for an event in late December 2013, and this was the response
_

Thank you for contacting the Waldorf Astoria Jerusalem, as you might know the hotel is currently in construction with an estimated opening date of December 2013, as this has yet to be confirmed I am unable to take reservations at this time.

I would be delighted to contact you as soon as reservations are available.

If there is anything further I can assist with at this time, please feel free to contact me directly.

Best regards

_
Old Sep 16, 2013, 7:08 am

Thanks, I am hopeful.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 2:38 am

Looks like May 1, 2014 is date. They're accepting reservations now. Trying to get the wife to go but she's not so interested as we are already visiting another middle eastern country right before and it'll be really hot

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.