Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2013] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2013] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2007, 1:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jasonvr
1) Distance from everything. The property sent me a map, and if it is to scale, it looks like about a 2 mile walk to get from the furthest spa villa to the restaurants on the water villa island (used the fact that the bridge between the islands is ~500m). Does this sound correct?
They have a buggy service and a boat shuttle between the 2 islands. There is also a restaurant within the Spa Retreat but it appears to be geared towards "healthy" cuisine.

One thing to note about the Spa Retreat is that its built entirely over water, linked by boardwalks. There is no land around you and you feel like you are staying in a floating village. The water villas here are also very well spaced-out compared to the other island. However, beach (and view) on the other island seems to be slightly nicer.

There are 2 spas on the resort; the main one located within the Spa Retreat and the other one (with glass floor) on the other island. There is a small surcharge (something like USD10) if you prefer to have your treatment in your own spa villa. 1 hr massage costs something like USD80-100 for each person, and trust me you will each be having at least an hour each day once you get started.

The spa villa actually has 2 decks; an upper deck (with a day bed and 2 chairs) and a lower deck (with 2 loungers) linked by steps. There is no jacuzzi on the decks but the bathroom has a huge tub (cant remember if it has jacuzzi feature) with windows on all 3 sides.

Last edited by mario33; Aug 19, 2007 at 12:58 am Reason: Spa Retreat
Old Sep 9, 2007, 11:43 am

Programs: TK Gold, Etihad Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold.
Hilton Maldives awards bookable until 12/31/08

Hi All,

There is some decent award availability for the Hilton / Conrad Maldives in October, November, December 2008. Normally, you can only book 365 days in advance, but at the moment, you can book more says in advance in the maldives.

I know there is an Maldives thread, but I thought this news could use its own thread, mods feel free to consolidate this into the other thread.

Cheers,

Timo
Old Sep 9, 2007, 3:47 pm

I wouldn't hold your breath. Hilton doesn't allow you to make reservations more than 365 days in advance. I would assume that once the Maldives receives a few of the reservations they'll alert Hilton and they'll be cancelled.
Old Sep 9, 2007, 11:25 pm

I cancelled a 6 night stay in August 2008 for a 8 night stay in November 2008, so if they cancel my new reservation, I will not go down without a fight.

I booked it a few days ago, and it still show confirmed, so I am assuming all is well.

Cheers

Timo
Old Sep 9, 2007, 11:50 pm

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
eh

Originally Posted by timo469
I cancelled a 6 night stay in August 2008 for a 8 night stay in November 2008, so if they cancel my new reservation, I will not go down without a fight.

I booked it a few days ago, and it still show confirmed, so I am assuming all is well.

Cheers

Timo
how are you booking more than 365days in advance it only shows sep 2008 in my hilton page..

dp
Old Sep 10, 2007, 2:30 pm

Call HHonors reservations and they will have dates in October and November, and a few in December
Old Sep 10, 2007, 3:13 pm

I thought the award certificate expires in a year

Anyway, I was able to book a 6 nights GLONP2 award in June myself last night
Old Oct 6, 2007, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by neuro0
I thought the award certificate expires in a year

Anyway, I was able to book a 6 nights GLONP2 award in June myself last night
Are you serious? I have been looking for a GLONP2 in June/July for the longest time. Was this by calling the award desk?
Old Oct 7, 2007, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by btuttler23
Are you serious? I have been looking for a GLONP2 in June/July for the longest time. Was this by calling the award desk?
Just by luck, it was on the hotel availability calender with a 8 nights stretch. Too bad I only have points for 6 nights at that time.

To answer your question, I booked everything online.
Old Nov 2, 2007, 1:35 am

Diamond force awards

Hi, I am thinking of two night's stay at this property using HH points. I am a Diamond. Two nights at 80K points (normal rate). Do you think HH Diamond desk will do a Diamond force award stay for me on this property?
Old Nov 2, 2007, 1:55 am

Originally Posted by brahms77
Hi, I am thinking of two night's stay at this property using HH points. I am a Diamond. Two nights at 80K points (normal rate). Do you think HH Diamond desk will do a Diamond force award stay for me on this property?
diamond special arrangements are not allowed for this property.
believe me, not even worth a try.
Old Nov 2, 2007, 4:33 am

Originally Posted by brahms77
The use of points at the Maldives property is the way to go considering the rates that would be charged next Feb (see Below). Unfortunately, the Diamond Special Arrangement (i.e the so called "Diamond Force") does not apply at the Maldives:

WORLDWIDE GOVT. RATE
1,075.00 USD KING DELUXE BEACH VILLA
1,075.00 USD KING WATER VILLA
1,275.00 USD KING SUPERIOR WATER VILLA
1,550.00 USD KING DELUXE WATER VILLA

ADVANCE PURCHASE FULL CREDITCARD PREPAYMENT ON BOOKING (
885.00 USD KING DELUXE BEACH VILLA
885.00 USD TWIN DELUXE BEACH VILLA
885.00 USD KING WATER VILLA
1,060.00 USD KING SUPERIOR WATER VILLA
1,410.00 USD KING DELUXE WATER VILLA
1,210.00 USD TWIN SPA WATER VILLA
885.00 USD TWIN WATER VILLA
1,210.00 USD KING SPA WATER VILLA

FULLY FLEXIBLE

925.00 USD KING DELUXE BEACH VILLA
925.00 USD TWIN DELUXE BEACH VILLA
925.00 USD KING WATER VILLA
1,100.00 USD KING SUPERIOR WATER VILLA
1,450.00 USD KING DELUXE WATER VILLA
1,250.00 USD TWIN SPA WATER VILLA
925.00 USD TWIN WATER VILLA
1,250.00 USD KING SPA WATER VILLA

The Government rates are interesting
Old Dec 22, 2007, 7:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Arrow [ARCHIVE to 2013] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

I've been saving points for quite some time in order to specifically book a GLONP2 reward at the Hilton Rangali Island for my honeymoon in mid-December 2008.

After calling HHonors twice (in Oct. and Nov. 2007) I was told that I could only book this reward 365 days prior to the stay. I verified that the dates I'm looking at are not blacked-out. I wasn't too concerned about waiting, especially since I noticed the property was very good at always having a single reward room available at exactly 365 days out. It was also possible to see (though not reserve) availability on the 366th day prior. I started closely monitoring availability on Dec 1st, and true to form the hotel always had one room available per day.

After consulting HHonors, they suggested that I book six separate Cat-6 one night rewards (each exactly at midnight, 365 days prior), and then call them to have it reissued into a GLONP2. This would prevent me from loosing availability to someone else while waiting six days for everything to become bookable.

I put this plan into action and was able to successfully book two nights (December 16th and 17th), but once the property became a Conrad on Dec 18 2007, all new award inventory stopped being released. Since the 18th, not a single new day had been released.

I find this quite frustrating having been so committed to securing a reward week at this property for so long and, seemingly, having done everything possible to ensure I had the best chance to access the (understandably) limited inventory available.

I called HHonors to get their input, and they said there was really nothing that could be done. They couldn't verify any change in Conrad's assignment of reward inventory. Further, they even said that by using hhonors.com we have far better access to award availability when booking 365 days out because their system only gets loaded with the new advanced availability every Sunday. Having read every FT thread on this property, I've learned that the Maldives is the one place where even the Diamond Force doesn't work - so going that route isn’t really possible either.

So, I'm wondering if anyone has some suggestions (or similar experience dealing with finding availability at properties that recently changed brands)?

Thanks and Happy Holidays,
FlyerBeek
Old Dec 22, 2007, 9:29 pm

Is it possible that the Xmas/New Year period is a "period of extraordinary demand" and that no award space is available? Maybe it has nothinbg to do with the re-flaging as a Conrad.

Did you "tests" cover this same period last year?
Old Dec 22, 2007, 9:51 pm

I experienced a similar problem once with a different hotel. The short answer is that I had to wait to get award availability but luckily I was not trying to get a Maldives reservation. I might suggest calling the hotel directly. Or having the diamond desk try to arrange the award directly with the hotel management? I have no experience with this particular hotel but this situation certainly calls for a little creativity. Good luck!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.