Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2013] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2013] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2012, 4:18 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat Hyatt Globalist Marriott Platinum
Just booked 9 nights in August for my honeymoon! Thanks to Conrad Maldives and all the contributors in this thread, reading through it all over the months has been extremely helpful.

Now I can't wait to get that stupid wedding thing out of the way and get there already!

What time frame should I expect to hear about upgrade options/pricing?
Old Dec 23, 2012, 9:26 pm

My wife and I will be staying here in January for our babymoon... she's 3 months pregnant.

4 days ago I emailed the hotel at [email protected], and then 3 days ago I emailed the hotel at [email protected] to ask about adding an extra night. I have yet to receive a response from either one. I also tried calling the main phone number and let it ring for 7 minutes before hanging up. How long should it take to get a response?

Or maybe CM can answer my question. I noticed that the Hilton website shows no availability for any room types throughout most of January & February, but agoda.com shows rooms available. Will this room inventory be added back onto the Hilton website or am I stuck using agoda.com to book the extra night? I'm specifically trying to add the night of Jan 26 to my reservation.

Thanks
Old Dec 24, 2012, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by slippahs
Just checked in here yesterday to a Water Villa. Dealt with one roach on our deck that was hiding out in our folded up umbrella and a roach that fell into and died in our food at Rangali Bar last night (which the waiter seemed indifferent about), and otherwise waiting for our lost luggage from SQ, but still can't beat being in the middle of this Indian Ocean paradise. Also hoping for better weather, although it's forecast to rain tomorrow morning.
Checked out yesterday. Stay got much better when the weather cleared. Some notes:

-As a Gold, was able to choose between breakfast at Atoll Market (buffet) or Vilu (order off menu). We went with Atoll Market, which got tiring after three days and tried Vilu. IMHO, Vilu was much better than Atoll. Everything was cooked to order and you could order as much off the menu as you wanted. There was also a smaller scale buffet for fruits, pastries, and other assorted cold goods.

-Dhoni ran sometimes but not often when the weather was poor. Buggies had 10-15 minute waits around dinnertime. You could flag down buggies with open seats if they were heading in your direction.

-First seating at all restaurants requiring reservations was at 7 p.m. We always chose the first seating as it allowed us to get access to the best tables (normally, we were greeted with, "which table would you like?")

-Our island host, Haishal, was excellent and was available to us at all hours of the day. He told us that he was primarily assigned to English speaking tourists. He commented that February is usually the best time to go weatherwise.

-Abundant marine life here. This place beats Hawaii in many respects for snorkeling. Even when not snorkeling, we saw many reef sharks from our water villa and even had a manta come visit. The mantas that visited the bridge during the evenings were huge.

-Stuffed ("soft") animals were not provided until we requested.

-Snorkel rental was free at the dive center.

-Two bottles of water a day was always provided, and a third bottle at turn down.

-Complimentary nespresso and tea in the room.

-Housekeeping was great. Started cleaning the room as soon as we were away at breakfast and done before we got back. Then did turn down service in the evenings.

-WIFI was slow during the afternoons but picked up in the morning and during the evenings.

-Construction on the third island for the workers was still on-going, but the bridge is completed. No noticeable run off at the house reef.

-Cocktail hour at Vilus was okay. One martini, beer, wine, a mocktail, and an assortment of soft drinks were available between 5-6.

-We found crabs hiding out under our deck in the space where the plunge pool pipes were located. They would pop up and scour the deck after it rained.

-All-in-all, the perfect honeymoon destination. We are already making plans to go back!
Old Dec 24, 2012, 8:17 am

Conrad APP -

I just downloaded the Conrad app - but there seems to be some problems with it as it shows us checking out a day later than we are supposed to - have checked my booking via the web site - and here it has the correct dates - have anyone else experienced this? Off cause I would love an extra free night in the Maldives - but still --- weird
Old Dec 24, 2012, 10:37 am

Programs: AMEX Plat, AAdvantage Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Love2travel73
Conrad APP -

I just downloaded the Conrad app - but there seems to be some problems with it as it shows us checking out a day later than we are supposed to - have checked my booking via the web site - and here it has the correct dates - have anyone else experienced this? Off cause I would love an extra free night in the Maldives - but still --- weird
Buggy- mine shows an extra day on the end of Tokyo and doesn't show Maldives at all.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 3:11 am

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, MR Gold
Planning on award stay 9 nights at CM. Do I have to pay the taxes like bed, service and government for room?
Old Dec 27, 2012, 5:09 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
Originally Posted by Putra
Planning on award stay 9 nights at CM. Do I have to pay the taxes like bed, service and government for room?
Not on the room but you'll pay the service charge and tourism tax on everything else like food, spa treatments, excursions, etc.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 4:10 am

bummer

Originally Posted by brooklynmatt
Buggy- mine shows an extra day on the end of Tokyo and doesn't show Maldives at all.
ha ha - Good1
Old Dec 31, 2012, 7:06 am

Diamond benefits - updated with breakfast included

Just received the updated Diamond benefits for our trip in April, and must say I am impressed by their quick replies to all my questions

Here they are if anyone are interested:

Furthermore as a Diamond member you will receive breakfast included.
Please also find as follow the Diamond benefits you will receive during your stay with us:

Benefits
· One bottle of Sparkling wine upon arrival

· Chocolate & Fruit amenities upon arrival

· Daily Happy Hour at Vilu restaurant for you and sharing guest in same villa from 17.00 – 18.00 hours

HHonors™ Global Benefits:
· Earn points & miles "double-dipping”

· Complimentary weekday newspaper (online print)

· Late checkout upon request, subject to availability

· Two complimentary bottles of water per day
Old Jan 1, 2013, 10:41 am

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, MR Gold
Originally Posted by Love2travel73
Just received the updated Diamond benefits for our trip in April, and must say I am impressed by their quick replies to all my questions

Here they are if anyone are interested:

Furthermore as a Diamond member you will receive breakfast included.
Please also find as follow the Diamond benefits you will receive during your stay with us:

Benefits
· One bottle of Sparkling wine upon arrival

· Chocolate & Fruit amenities upon arrival

· Daily Happy Hour at Vilu restaurant for you and sharing guest in same villa from 17.00 – 18.00 hours

HHonors™ Global Benefits:
· Earn points & miles "double-dipping”

· Complimentary weekday newspaper (online print)

· Late checkout upon request, subject to availability

· Two complimentary bottles of water per day
Thanks for the update. I read about complimentary afternoon tea, is it applicable to all guest?
Old Jan 1, 2013, 10:42 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
Originally Posted by Putra
Thanks for the update. I read about complimentary afternoon tea, is it applicable to all guest?
Yes.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 8:24 pm
FTW

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Alcohol

Not a lot of people talk about alcohol at Conrad Rangali Island, other than how expensive it is. We had planned on going to Rangali Island for our honeymoon, but decided against it because we do like to have a drink or two (or three) when on vacation. We didn’t want to think about how much we were spending, we just wanted to have fun.

For our second anniversary we did head to the Maldives and discovered that there was much more alcohol at a reasonable price than anyone else had mentioned on the thread.

For starters, I am Hilton HHonors Gold so upon arrival there was a bottle of red wine (pinot noir for Gold and champagne for Diamonds) waiting in our room. The following day was our anniversary, so another bottle of red wine appeared in our room. We had dined at the Cheese Bar and made friends with the sommelier. We mentioned to her that we weren’t huge fans of red wine, and we were wanting to trade out a bottle of red wine that we had received for a bottle of white wine. She said that she would check to see if it was possible. We later went back to our room to find a bottle of white wine in our room. So that’s three bottles of wine for $0.

Every day from 5 to 6, there is a cocktail hour at Vilu Bar. We assumed that it would probably include only one cocktail. To our surprise, at Vilu Bar you could choose from a drink list which included the ‘cocktail (or mocktail) of the day’, Tiger beer or fruit juices, and you could have as many as you would like within the hour. Around 6 we would hop on the boat and head for Rangail Bar which held a happy hour (half-price drinks) from 6 to 7. There were a few days that we would order a bucket of beers during the happy hour, but we would linger over our bucket for the remainder of the evening. This was great because we still received half-price beers but were able to enjoy them well past 7 o’clock. A bottle of beer during the day would cost $9 ($11 if you include service charge and tax) but it would only be $5 during happy hour. I think most people would be more than happy to only pay $5 for a beer in almost any part of the world.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 1:22 pm

Programs: AMEX Plat, AAdvantage Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by FTW
Not a lot of people talk about alcohol at Conrad Rangali Island, other than how expensive it is. We had planned on going to Rangali Island for our honeymoon, but decided against it because we do like to have a drink or two (or three) when on vacation. We didn’t want to think about how much we were spending, we just wanted to have fun.

For our second anniversary we did head to the Maldives and discovered that there was much more alcohol at a reasonable price than anyone else had mentioned on the thread.

For starters, I am Hilton HHonors Gold so upon arrival there was a bottle of red wine (pinot noir for Gold and champagne for Diamonds) waiting in our room. The following day was our anniversary, so another bottle of red wine appeared in our room. We had dined at the Cheese Bar and made friends with the sommelier. We mentioned to her that we weren’t huge fans of red wine, and we were wanting to trade out a bottle of red wine that we had received for a bottle of white wine. She said that she would check to see if it was possible. We later went back to our room to find a bottle of white wine in our room. So that’s three bottles of wine for $0.

Every day from 5 to 6, there is a cocktail hour at Vilu Bar. We assumed that it would probably include only one cocktail. To our surprise, at Vilu Bar you could choose from a drink list which included the ‘cocktail (or mocktail) of the day’, Tiger beer or fruit juices, and you could have as many as you would like within the hour. Around 6 we would hop on the boat and head for Rangail Bar which held a happy hour (half-price drinks) from 6 to 7. There were a few days that we would order a bucket of beers during the happy hour, but we would linger over our bucket for the remainder of the evening. This was great because we still received half-price beers but were able to enjoy them well past 7 o’clock. A bottle of beer during the day would cost $9 ($11 if you include service charge and tax) but it would only be $5 during happy hour. I think most people would be more than happy to only pay $5 for a beer in almost any part of the world.
As a fellow lush I applaud this post and am keen to explore further during my time in March.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 3:43 am

Hi Conrad Maldives.

Happy New Year to you.

I have met you on my last 2 visits to Rangali.

I was trying to send you a p/m without success. Do you have an e-mail address I can contact you on. ?

Kind regards.

Jchand.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 4:36 am
Company Representative - Conrad Maldives

Originally Posted by joey78
Or maybe CM can answer my question. I noticed that the Hilton website shows no availability for any room types throughout most of January & February, but agoda.com shows rooms available. Will this room inventory be added back onto the Hilton website or am I stuck using agoda.com to book the extra night? I'm specifically trying to add the night of Jan 26 to my reservation.
We're really sorry about this and our team can't find any email from you. Could you please PM me your email address and we'll contact you?

Originally Posted by jchand
I have met you on my last 2 visits to Rangali.
We usually keep PMs on this forum closed because we get inundated with requests and personal questions that should be handled by our reservations team and not through this forum. We'll keep the PM system open for the next day or two if you need to reach us but please remember we have no access to any of your reservation details etc and can't answer questions about bookings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.