Community
Wiki Posts
Search

10% off Hilton's lowest rates!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2007, 6:21 pm
Original Poster

10% off Hilton's lowest rates!

Hilton is offering 10% off lowest rates to supporters of the Olympic movement (USA Track & Field is one their partners). Use link below for access to the savings. All Hilton family hotel brands play along (not all hotels at all times, but I have found it works more often than not).

Enjoy.

https://secure-directconnect.hilton....equestid=22540
Old Mar 4, 2007, 10:38 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Please follow this in our Hilton Honors forum. Ocn Vw 1K, CoMod TBuzz.
Old Mar 5, 2007, 12:13 pm
DH

Originally Posted by vithibee
Hilton is offering 10% off lowest rates to supporters of the Olympic movement (USA Track & Field is one their partners). Use link below for access to the savings. All Hilton family hotel brands play along (not all hotels at all times, but I have found it works more often than not).

Enjoy.

https://secure-directconnect.hilton....equestid=22540
YMMV? Did a quick check and one property had same rate as AAA but it was lower than AAA rate on a second property.
Old Mar 5, 2007, 12:54 pm

Thanks. Is this a limited time offer or something that will be around awhile?
Old Mar 5, 2007, 5:32 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Thanks for the link. I just booked a one night stay at a Doubletree. The rate was the same as the Net Direct rate, but does not require pre-payment.
Old Mar 5, 2007, 6:33 pm

Programs: Retired-CO Former Long-time Plat, Now a Kettle, Hilton Gold (Thanks AMEX)
Originally Posted by ez311
Thanks for the link. I just booked a one night stay at a Doubletree. The rate was the same as the Net Direct rate, but does not require pre-payment.
Thanks vithibee....I made a few reservations at my favorite Homewood. Net Direct rate but not locked in.
Old Mar 5, 2007, 8:15 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
What in the world is a confidential rate? Do you just wait for the surprise when you checkout?

"The rooms and rates that best match your preferences are displayed below.

U S TENNIS ASSOC ALL RESERVATION CHANGES MUST BE MADE THROUGH (details)

Confidential rate 2 QUEEN BEDS JR SUITE
Confidential rate 2 QUEEN BEDS
Confidential rate BED TYPE ASSIGNED AT CK-IN

BEST AVAILABLE RATE BEST UNRESTRICTED RATE (details)

139.00 USD 2 QUEEN BEDS
139.00 USD BED TYPE ASSIGNED AT CK-IN

LIFE GREAT GETAWAYS INCLUDES FULL BRKFST FOR TWO (details)

156.00 USD 2 QUEEN BEDS
156.00 USD BED TYPE ASSIGNED AT CK-IN

ROMANCE PACKAGE (details)

158.00 USD 2 QUEEN BEDS
158.00 USD BED TYPE ASSIGNED AT CK-IN "

Last edited by srodr; Mar 5, 2007 at 8:24 pm
Old Mar 5, 2007, 8:30 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
This is a meeting planner's site for the tennis association. It's not meant to be open for the general public.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by linsj
This is a meeting planner's site for the tennis association. It's not meant to be open for the general public.
That's not quite correct... The program is called Team USA Advantage and is designed as a travel portal for athletes who are members of US sports associations (e.g., USA Swimming, USA Gymnastics, USA Curling, etc.), their families, coaches, etc. You do not have to be on a national team, just a member of one of the associations. As an example, if your child is a member of USA Swimming, you are eligible to use it. Also, members of the US Olympic Fan Club are eligible.

By doing so, you not only benefit yourself, but also your sport, as every time you book your lodging through this program, Hilton makes a donation of a portion of your room rate to the respective sport association that you select (so choose appropriately) to help offset their future travel expenses.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 6:32 am

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Eugene
That's not quite correct... The program is called Team USA Advantage and is designed as a travel portal for athletes who are members of US sports associations (e.g., USA Swimming, USA Gymnastics, USA Curling, etc.), their families, coaches, etc. You do not have to be on a national team, just a member of one of the associations. As an example, if your child is a member of USA Swimming, you are eligible to use it. Also, members of the US Olympic Fan Club are eligible.

By doing so, you not only benefit yourself, but also your sport, as every time you book your lodging through this program, Hilton makes a donation of a portion of your room rate to the respective sport association that you select (so choose appropriately) to help offset their future travel expenses.
Sorry. I didn't know the e-Events portals went beyond private meetings.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by DH
YMMV? Did a quick check and one property had same rate as AAA but it was lower than AAA rate on a second property.
YMMV indeed. Used it a couple months ago in NYC at one property, and the rate came even below the Net Direct prepaid. Tried it at another NYC property, and the rate was exactly the same as their normal weekend rate.

Also, not sure whether it was just a coincidence, but 500 bonus points for booking online with my HH AmEx did not post automatically, as it always had. A quick call to the Diamond Desk easily resolved this.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 5:25 pm

Using this decision by Randy in the AA forum with regard to special-use discount codes as a precedent, I would request that this thread be closed and/or deleted, given Eugene's statement above acknowledging that these discounts are, indeed, not designed for use by the general public.

Mike
Old Mar 7, 2007, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by nako
Using this decision by Randy in the AA forum with regard to special-use discount codes as a precedent, I would request that this thread be closed and/or deleted, given Eugene's statement above acknowledging that these discounts are, indeed, not designed for use by the general public.
This is different, though. Anyone (well, anyone residing in the US at least) can join US Olympic Fan Club for $19.95 and become instantly eligible for this offer.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 9:33 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Is there any chance that hotels booked through this link won't earn stay/night credits? Or even points?
Old Mar 8, 2007, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by cblaisd
Is there any chance that hotels booked through this link won't earn stay/night credits? Or even points?
These bookings are made through Hilton and earn full HH stay/night/points/miles credits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.