Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Americas-Houston {US-TX}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2014, 8:08 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Any recent stay experience at Hilton Americas-Houston?
Old Oct 20, 2014, 8:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by controller1
Bump.

Looking for recent stay experience. Also looking for info on Diamond breakfast. Have an upcoming stay but could easily change to SPG if needed.

Thanks.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 9:12 pm

Bump.

Looking for recent stay experience. Also looking for info on Diamond breakfast. Have an upcoming stay but could easily change to SPG if needed.

Thanks.
Bump again. As large as this property is, have none of our FT members recently stayed?

If so, I would greatly appreciate knowing about your experience and specifically information on the Diamond breakfast benefit.

Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 2:31 am

Programs: LH lifetime Sen; HH lifetime diamond; flying blue silver
I stayed a year ago. Diamond breakfast is in the EL, and not particularly good. Typical US Hilton EL breakfast. I *think* (i.e. I cannot exactly recall) you could get a credit for the main breakfast, but it was only continental and the cost to upgrade to a full breakfast was not cheap. I also noticed that the quality of the breakfast had deteriorated over the years, so no berries any more.

I change to the Four Seasons this year as the rate was the same as the Hilton. Far superior hotel, although breakfast was a la carte only and not cheap. The coffee was European strength, and well worth it.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 5:11 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Sixt Platinum
Any updates?
Old Mar 5, 2015, 8:22 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Sixt Platinum
Nothing?
Old Mar 5, 2015, 10:18 pm

I cannot help you on the Diamond benefits, but I was there a few weeks ago. Nice hotel. Big convention location. They had more than one going on during my stay. That said, no complaints. Ate breakfast at the hotel restaurant once, and it was your average hotel breakfast buffet.

Parking was an issue. I was initially waved off by the hotel staff when I told them I was there for the "XYZ meeting". They tried to send me to the Toyota Center Garage a block away. I circled back and told them that I thought we had a misunderstanding and that I was there to check in. Then they let me park. Apparently there is not enough parking for both overnight and day visitors.

Stay was fine, no complaints.

Last edited by 466SHH; Mar 5, 2015 at 10:24 pm Reason: Typos
Old Sep 17, 2015, 6:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP(4mm), DL Gold, UA Gold (1mm), HH Diamond, Bonvoy Amb(l/t Titanium). Former EA/PA elite
I stayed in this property twice in the last 30 days both being 4 night stays. As far as US Hilton properties go, this place is very very good. The executive lounge is excellent having substantial hot and cold offerings in the mornings and evenings. During the morning, they have at least 3 people staffed in the lounge so food is frequently refreshed/replenished. The lobby bar is quite something. Very impressive. Overall, this is not your average North American Hilton. Seems more like a property in Europe.

I'm currently staying at the Hilton North Houston close to Bush Intercontinental Airport. Doesn't hold a candle to the Hilton Americas downtown.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 2:16 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
I stay here occasionally. Evening appetizers at the lounge are domestic quality, a couple hot items, cheese, and veggies. Water and sodas free, bar for charge. Breakfast is good with lots of fruit and berries available.

The fitness center is phenomenal with an awesome view. Lots of great equipment. Indoor pool at the top of the building is awesome as well.

Rooms are standard without any upgrades given to Diamonds other than possibly a room with a mini-fridge or facing the park side. You can ask for a mini fridge or microwave if you need it and they will bring it up.

Hotel shuttle can be useful but will have to wait for it to come back from its rounds from time to time.

Rates vary wildly depending on if any conventions are in town. Great deals can be had during vacation times.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by Seat 1F
I stayed in this property twice in the last 30 days both being 4 night stays. As far as US Hilton properties go, this place is very very good. The executive lounge is excellent having substantial hot and cold offerings in the mornings and evenings. During the morning, they have at least 3 people staffed in the lounge so food is frequently refreshed/replenished. The lobby bar is quite something. Very impressive. Overall, this is not your average North American Hilton. Seems more like a property in Europe.

I'm currently staying at the Hilton North Houston close to Bush Intercontinental Airport. Doesn't hold a candle to the Hilton Americas downtown.
After reading your post, I had to check my receipt to make sure we were talking about the same property.

The breakfast in the lounge offered less options than a Hampton Inn. Oatmeal, small selection of bread and pastries, cold cereal.

They did have scrambled eggs. No meat (such as sausage or bacon). No potatoes. I asked... was told that the menu would be the same every morning. Some sort of egg mass and no meat/potatoes.

Have to admit that I did not try the hot evening menu. But later in the evening... a jar full of cookies, a jar of mixed nuts, and a jar of spicy soy-based snacks. No fresh pastries as you would typically see at a Marriott. Did not remember seeing any fruit in the evening.

What I did see was the usual over-priced drinks, but with an actual bartender. Guess they don't trust the honor system.

GM did say that they are planning a new, larger lounge with a better menu. But, I'll avoid this property until the new lounge is in place.

Perhaps the new Marriott, which is going up within eyesight of the Hilton, will put some pressure on Hilton to make improvements.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 10:53 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTT; IHG DiamondAmb; WoH Globalist; UA1K2MM; NationalEE; AvisPC; HertzPC
Any improvement on the executive lounge and Diamond upgrade??
Old May 8, 2017, 9:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP (probably nothing w/ AA next year :)), Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ktjan
Any improvement on the executive lounge and Diamond upgrade??
Haven't stayed here in awhile (been alternating through SPG properties & Embassy Suites), but just checked in for a couple nights. The lounge seems nicer than I remember--obviously the view hasn't changed and is fantastic. Upgraded to executive room w/ city view...they said breakfast has "improved" from continental to full breakfast in the lounge (Marriott Marquis making them sweat?). I haven't tried it yet, will report back.

Room is in ok shape, nothing outstanding but leagues better than the doubletree downtown.
Old May 10, 2017, 5:44 am

Programs: AA EXP (probably nothing w/ AA next year :)), Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by shgroamer
Haven't stayed here in awhile (been alternating through SPG properties & Embassy Suites), but just checked in for a couple nights. The lounge seems nicer than I remember--obviously the view hasn't changed and is fantastic. Upgraded to executive room w/ city view...they said breakfast has "improved" from continental to full breakfast in the lounge (Marriott Marquis making them sweat?). I haven't tried it yet, will report back.

Room is in ok shape, nothing outstanding but leagues better than the doubletree downtown.
Breakfast in the lounge isn't good (not shocked). Avoid the eggs/bacon or sausage. Cereal/yogurt/fruit was my day two selection. Espresso machine is nice

i had a great view of the Embassy suites where I stared longingly at their omelette/egg station.
Old May 24, 2017, 12:30 pm

Programs: SWA CP, HH Diamond
Some context - I have stayed at probably 10 different Hilton Houston Properties over the past 2 years. This include many stays at the Doubletree Downtown, Hilton Galleria, Hampton Inn Downtown, Hilton North and more.

Hilton Americas is my favorite by far. Yes, it may not be perfect but it is much better than other Hilton offerings in the area (Have not stayed at Sam Houston Curio). It's Executive Lounge and gym are great, the food is acceptable for happy hour and breakfast. I stay there again next week and will report back.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 4:59 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
Do any of the EX Lounges in Houston area have free wine or beer?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.