Wiki Posts
Search

4th quarter promotion

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2013, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, UA Silver
4th quarter promotion

Just wanted to see what everyone's opinion is regarding this. I am a lurker, but not a frequent poster. I signed up for the 4th quarter promotion for 4X's points in late September. Just got done staying 20 nights at a hilton that isn't on the opt out list, and was just informed that I wasn't registered for the promotion. They wont back date it, and basically I feel cheated out of about 70k points. What should/would you do. I called the Hilton line and was basically told tough luck. A little background information. I have 176 days stayed so far this year, and average about 250 a year for the last ten years. I am also diamond with Hyatt and have no issues switching my prefered hotel. I told the manager from the Hilton desk that... Still no dice.

Last edited by bricerutledge; Oct 27, 2013 at 12:09 pm
Old Oct 27, 2013, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by bricerutledge
Just wanted to see what everyone's opinion is regarding this. I am a lurker, but not a frequent poster. I signed up for the 4th quarter promotion for 4X's points in late September. Just got done staying 20 nights at a hilton that isn't on the opt out list, and was just informed that I wasn't registered for the promotion. They wont back date it, and basically I feel cheated out of about 70k points. What should/would you do. I called the Hilton line and was basically told tough luck. A little background information. I have 176 days stayed so far this year, and average about 250 a year for the last ten years. I am also diamond with Hyatt and have no issues switching my prefered hotel. I told the manager from the Hilton desk that... Still no dice.
How did you sign up for it in late September? Registrations weren't possible until early October IIRC. And assuming you in fact did sign up for it, forwarding your confirming email to HH should take care of the dispute.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

They normally post a little while before the date starts, it could have been early October. I normally start researching a few days before the start of the quarter. And no, I didn't keep the confirming email/registration page. I have very little doubt that I signed up, I was actually kind of excited about the promotion. I stay a large number of days in a row..
Old Oct 27, 2013, 4:19 pm
cjd

Same story here with this Ft'er:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...-4x-promo.html
Hhonors refused to backdate his request for the promotion. Unfortunately the rules state that you must register before your stay and if you don't have the confirmation e-mail, I think you're out of luck. 20 nights quadruple bonus is a load of points to lose.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 5:10 pm
Original Poster

Didn't Hilton have a bunch of computer issues when this promotion came out? Yeah, not real pleased about their response. I guess moral of the story is print the registration email... Didn't think that would be something that I would ever need to do.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 5:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by smmrfld
...forwarding your confirming email to HH should take care of the dispute.
Not aware that I get these confirmation emails. Are they turned off by one of the communications preferences ?

My paranoid side encourages me to register two days running, or at least before first stay of promo finishes, to ensure I get the 'already registered' message .
Old Oct 27, 2013, 5:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Didn't Hilton have a bunch of computer issues when this promotion came out? Yeah, not real pleased about their response. I guess moral of the story is print the registration email... Didn't think that would be something that I would ever need to do.
I think there was an interim or partial landing page for the promo that didn't work properly until very close to launch. Pretty sure the main thread for the promo has details in the first few pages of people hitting problems.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 1:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
I have 176 days stayed so far this year, and average about 250 a year for the last ten years. I am also diamond with Hyatt and have no issues switching my prefered hotel. I told the manager from the Hilton desk that... Still no dice.
You average 250 nights per year with Hilton and you are also diamond with Hyatt? Really?

We all have to sign up for promos with Hilton - no matter how much we stay there. Asking for a waiver of the signup requirement because you stay there so much sounds a bit like DYKWIA.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by gemac
Asking for a waiver of the signup requirement because you stay there so much sounds a bit like DYKWIA.
Even if.

When I have a customer who spends 250 Nights out of a year at my properties I STFU and do what he asks for.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 3:42 am

Programs: QF LTS, TK Elite, HH Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by EsherFlyer
Not aware that I get these confirmation emails. Are they turned off by one of the communications preferences ?

My paranoid side encourages me to register two days running, or at least before first stay of promo finishes, to ensure I get the 'already registered' message .
I registered and did not get any email confirmation. zilch. nada. radio silence. all i got was some random discount offer from some hampton inn's in the u.s.

i emailed the diamond desk and asked for a confirmation of my registration. It was emailed to me within 24 hours. So now I have email proof.

Suggest you to do the same as well, if you want email proof of your registration.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by smmrfld
How did you sign up for it in late September? Registrations weren't possible until early October IIRC. And assuming you in fact did sign up for it, forwarding your confirming email to HH should take care of the dispute.
Registration opened late on October 7th or early October 8th. Some were emailed personalized sneak peak emails that did allow earlier registration, but were tied to those specific accounts.

They normally post a little while before the date starts, it could have been early October. I normally start researching a few days before the start of the quarter. And no, I didn't keep the confirming email/registration page. I have very little doubt that I signed up, I was actually kind of excited about the promotion. I stay a large number of days in a row..
If you used one of the "registration" links that were posted here on FT, those were personalized and didn't register your account at all.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 6:45 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by gypsyinabigtown
I registered and did not get any email confirmation. zilch. nada. radio silence. all i got was some random discount offer from some hampton inn's in the u.s.

i emailed the diamond desk and asked for a confirmation of my registration. It was emailed to me within 24 hours. So now I have email proof.

Suggest you to do the same as well, if you want email proof of your registration.
What a pathetic operation.

That aspect has turned me off Hhonors. I don't like the feeling that I have to do everything in triplicate because I can't trust them or their system.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Kind of thought they would want to keep my business, apparently that asn't the case. I don't think I will use them if given a choice even if they do anything for me. Left a bad taste.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 2:38 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Originally Posted by gypsyinabigtown

Mind giving out the Diamond e mail address? I can't find it anywhere, and yes, I am a Diamond.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 5:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by BlueZebra
Mind giving out the Diamond e mail address? I can't find it anywhere, and yes, I am a Diamond.
[email protected]
or
[email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.