Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2014] Hilton Honors Diamond VIP Status Short Cuts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2014] Hilton Honors Diamond VIP Status Short Cuts

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2012, 1:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hhonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, AVIS Presidents' Club
Originally Posted by applezz13
I WAS a gold hilton member. Last week I emailed a request for a for a Diamond challenge in the Hilton program to my Hyatt Diamond status. I received an email the next day giving me 90 days to stay 21 nights, I would then be bumped to Diamon until March of 2014. .
I got the same offer recently but till March 2013 only (( why is that?
Old Feb 15, 2012, 10:10 am

Programs: AA PLATINUM
just called customer service, ask if the have a fast track or challenge to get to diamond, and they say no. Should i call again and say i have received any promotion by email?
Old Feb 15, 2012, 10:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hhonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, AVIS Presidents' Club
Quick question: accidentally checked Hhonors benefits and for Diamond it says upgrade to room or suite, for Gold only room. I remembered it is officially cannot be a suite, only room if available. Is it a new benefit or I just overlooked it before?
Old Feb 15, 2012, 11:38 pm

search:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...-benefits.html
Old Feb 20, 2012, 3:59 am

Originally Posted by applezz13
I WAS a gold hilton member. Last week I emailed a request for a for a Diamond challenge in the Hilton program to my Hyatt Diamond status. I received an email the next day giving me 90 days to stay 21 nights, I would then be bumped to Diamon until March of 2014. I have spent the last 2 weekends(3 nights each) at a HGI, and I have a 24 night reservation at a Hilton starting the end of this week, so was looning forward to the bump after my long stay.

Just today I received another email with a big long paragraph with the Diamond requirements and saying they do not offer complimentary upgrades to Diamond. Then next paragraph, they reviewed my Hilton activity and Hyatt status and made a one time exception and upgraded my account to Diamond level through March of 2014.

I logged in and sure enough I am now a Diamond. Is it normal to get the bump early? I only asked for the 21 night challenge in my email. Do I need to have my Diamond status updated for my existing reservation, or will the system do it automatically? I am looking forward to the extra points for the long stay.
Congrats on the Diamond, hope Hilton are looking after you. Which email address did you send to originally to get the one time exception? Im getting nothing but knockbacks despite platinum with Marriot and a heavy hilton history for the past 3 months.

Thanks
Old Feb 20, 2012, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by Hotel_junkie
incidentals should count toward pts.
Incidentals count towards EQP but not towards EQN. Ergo, my conf room rental for $350/day generated 10x points (actually 20x with bonus) but did not increase the EQN. Fortunately with Hilton you can get status through nights or spend (points).
Old Feb 20, 2012, 5:18 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by jan_az
To the best of my knowledge, NO

and frankly I hope they keep it that way - if youve got fold you've got everything but 48 hr room force anyway
ANd I agree you need to earn status not buy it., the old fashion way!

Been Diamond for years and Hilton has done well with me and I with them
Old Mar 21, 2012, 2:08 pm

I suspect that several people will be looking for a HHonors diamond fast track offer when their diamond status expires end of this month. Has anyone done any leg work already to see what they will be offering?
Old Mar 23, 2012, 9:24 am

After 6 years as a Diamond, I am one of the people who will be dropping to Gold on April 11 (only 22 stays last year). I will easily requalify this year, although probably not until October.

I received an e-mail this morning saying that it would easy to requalify for Diamond -- just have 28 stays, 60 nights, or 100,000 base points. (Thanks for nothing, Hilton.) It then said that I would get 25,000 bonus points if a spent $3,500 in eligible folio charges in Q2 of 2012. No registration required, and no link or code to register -- it's obviously just been added to my account.

I'll be following up with HHonors to see about fast tracks to Diamond in the next few days. My problem is I need a stay challenge, not a night challenge. I'll report if I get any offer.

Important Caveat: I'm not really expecting to get an offer, nor am I entitled to one. I didn't requalify last year, so it's proper for me to drop to Gold. But I don't see the harm in asking.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 4:01 pm

Programs: BA GGL
I called and got one, as I only had 11 stays last year so dropped to silver. Yes, silver! Oh, the shame...

Anyway, bright side is that they've given me an 8 stay / 16 night challenge back to diamond, which is waaaay better than I expected! No time limit was given, but I suspect I'll requalify with some clever bookings in a couple of weeks
Old Apr 3, 2012, 1:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, Hilton Dia, SPG PT, National Exec Elite, MAR Silver, Ex UA 1K
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
I called and got one, as I only had 11 stays last year so dropped to silver. Yes, silver! Oh, the shame...

Anyway, bright side is that they've given me an 8 stay / 16 night challenge back to diamond, which is waaaay better than I expected! No time limit was given, but I suspect I'll requalify with some clever bookings in a couple of weeks
I was diamond for the past 8 years but only made 11 stays last year (overshot on SPG and Marriott) and thus became a silver yesterday. After regaining my dignity I emailed them yesterday and the responded within 12 hours and offered the fast track of 8 stays or 16 nights by June 30th. They also are counting my 4 stays and 12 nights done in Feb. / March. So I should receive diamond by the end of April. I was quite impressed by Hilton in this case. So it is my understanding that I should maintain until March 2014 and with better scheduling, should requalify next year as well.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by illinifan
I was diamond for the past 8 years but only made 11 stays last year (overshot on SPG and Marriott) and thus became a silver yesterday. After regaining my dignity I emailed them yesterday and the responded within 12 hours and offered the fast track of 8 stays or 16 nights by June 30th. They also are counting my 4 stays and 12 nights done in Feb. / March. So I should receive diamond by the end of April. I was quite impressed by Hilton in this case. So it is my understanding that I should maintain until March 2014 and with better scheduling, should requalify next year as well.
Same here. Who did you send the email too? Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 9:22 am

Programs: AA Platinum, HH Diamond
Yesterday I called 1-800-Hhonors and asked about a fasttrack challenge and was offered 7 stays/15 nights by June 30 to go from gold to diamond. As I already have 8 nights planned and expect to easily have another 7 by then, I took it!
Old Apr 5, 2012, 2:44 pm

I can't find where to send an email to request a Diamond challenge. Any help/guidance on where on their website I can do that?
Old Apr 5, 2012, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by k1cta00
I can't find where to send an email to request a Diamond challenge. Any help/guidance on where on their website I can do that?
welcome to ft k1cta00....you can send the email here:

[email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.