Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Tel Aviv {ISR}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2014, 12:02 pm

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Thank you for your report and the pictures - and for confirming no VAT paid at check-out.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 12:10 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
Originally Posted by Dovster
If you want it from a machine instead of a bottle or can, just stop in at any McDonalds.

***Absolutely! I don't really care too much, but my wife is a Coke addict, and McDonald's is our worldwide salvation so she can get her daily fix of Diet Coke from a fountain with more than one cube of ice immediately melting in the cup. We've proudly toured the finest McD's of Paris, Zurich, London, Rome, Frankfurt, Madrid, Arkansas, etc. because we're all highbrow-cultured like that.

TDM (Who *does* also visit establishments with "real" food as well)
Old Jun 22, 2014, 12:13 pm

A bit off topic but have you seen this thread :
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/europ...buildings.html
Old Jun 22, 2014, 12:30 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
Originally Posted by helosc
A bit off topic but have you seen this thread :
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/europ...buildings.html
Ha! Yeah, I try to roll along with the cultures wherever I go, but can't fault a traveler for having some comforts/preferences of home they might enjoy either. Some of us bring our travel pillows, some like tea instead of coffee, some like bellboys to bring their seven-pound wheeled bag up the lift for them, some freak out when they see flies all over their food. Me? I just enjoy iced drinks when it's hot out, but can certainly live with lukewarm if that's all that's available. No big deal - we look at it as giving us extra travel adventures in our day: while we enjoy the sights and culture, we keep a search going for iced drinks while we're at it. Makes for more fun.

TDM (But really, in my review there was one little line wistfully wanting a Coke, we should probably get back to the actual subject at hand: How to avoid VAT while raiding the lounge for pastries and Jameson.)
Old Jun 22, 2014, 12:42 pm

It wasn't a dig. Just mentioned it because it is a funny thread and you (and others) may not have seen it yet. But definitely off topic.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 10:24 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant
Food in the Exec lounge was enough to make a small meal out of - fish, humus, breads, many veggie sides/mains, cold bottled soft drinks, juices, beers, tonic water, small bucket of ice, nuts, etc. There were desserts in the Vista at early evening, decent selection of cheeses, crackers, flans/puddings, and cakey-things. All good. Can't speak to breakfast selections because I arrived at 5am and didn't wake up until 3pm. But I'm sure there was eggplant. Because Middle East.
When I was there, the staff made a point of telling me that one could make a meal from the evening lounge offerings, and that dessert was offered after the meal (unlike most Hiltons, which offer sweets during afternoon tea, and meal-type stuff at evening hors d'oeuvres).

Keeping with the culture, even the restroom-sign-icon people dress very modestly. No shameless miniskirt-icon tarts here!
I hope I didn't offend anyone during my stay -- I often headed out for a swim wearing just my swimsuit (shirtless), riding the elevator down to the lower lobby and walking out to the pool or beach.

Beauty Property shot taken from down the beach a bit. A minor moment of "how do we get out THERE?" - we walked out an unmarked door to the patio behind the lobby, down some steps into what looked like a poolside restaurant, down a hall where the one exit to the beach was. There's probably a well-marked exit to do this, but darn if we didn't find it. Eh, we overcame and made our own way. We're just hardcore, independent world-travelers like that.
The poolside restaurant is I believe the outdoor portion of the main restaurant.

If you take the elevator to the lower lobby (or walk down the stairs from the main lobby), and walk past the shops and then the main entrance to the main restaurant, you come to a door. Walk out the door, the pool will be on your right, the beach is in front of you. There is a staircase that goes to a security door to the beach that is open during the day (with a guard to keep non-guests out).
Old Jun 22, 2014, 10:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat

No shameless miniskirt-icon tarts here!
Are you certain that you wound up in the right country? Is it possible that you are in Iran and not Israel?
Old Nov 2, 2014, 7:59 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Contact e-mail for property.

Anyone have a contact e-mail address for the Hilton TLV. Thank you.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 10:29 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
Anyone have a contact e-mail address for the Hilton TLV. Thank you.
Did you want front desk, reservations, concierge, guest relations? For front desk manager, try asstfdm dot telaviv at hilton dot com
Old Nov 2, 2014, 11:45 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Much appreciated.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 8:00 am

I have just noticed that Hilton Tel Aviv doesn't have any point and cash rate anymore.
And they don't have normal point rate as they don't seem to have any standard rooms available (twin/king sea view).

I checked the next 3 months forward.

I then went to their internet site and looked under 'rooms and suites' and the standard rooms are not mentioned; the lowest category is king/ twin deluxe sea view.

This is very new as I have been monitoring their prices (I have a point and cash stay starting tomorrow) and I had considered booking one more night as I land in the night/ early morning tomorrow. This is obviously not an option now as I don't want to pay their cash rate.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 2:30 pm

Programs: BA GGL, SQ PPS, HH Diamond, SPG LTP/100, Marriott Platinum, Mucci des Lois Constitutionelles
Am surprised this thread has not seen mention of the Legionnaires Disease outbreak that has afflicted the lower floors of the Hilton TLV for the past couple of weeks...

I moved my reservation to another hotel.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 8:57 am

I understand that the Vista lounge is currently closed for renovation. A temporary Cista lounge is set up in the Jaffa room on the Mezzanine level. Anyone used this temporary lounge and have a report?
Old Jan 5, 2015, 9:15 am

No children under 16 allowed in the executive lounge.
I was there week before last and they are quite strict about this, asking about age.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by helosc
I have just noticed that Hilton Tel Aviv doesn't have any point and cash rate anymore.
And they don't have normal point rate as they don't seem to have any standard rooms available (twin/king sea view)............
Point and Cash rate + normal point rate are back again.
Must have been a temporary glitch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.