Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Osaka {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2016, 7:07 am

Programs: HH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, DL-DM, PnF Plat, Kroger +
Well, I'm here and was able to get my HH number, got upgraded room and louge access. 2 night here.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 7:12 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by Eddie98
Well, I'm here and was able to get my HH number, got upgraded room and louge access. 2 night here.
Nice one! Looking forward to my stay next week!
Old Mar 16, 2016, 5:35 pm

Last day here. I had the $30 breakfast yesterday and to me it's not worth it. today I came to the Lounge and had a much better meal for free and the view can't be beat.
Hope to be back here in May for another company event.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 7:04 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by Eddie98
Last day here. I had the $30 breakfast yesterday and to me it's not worth it. today I came to the Lounge and had a much better meal for free and the view can't be beat.
Hope to be back here in May for another company event.
If Gold, why not free breakfast?
Old Mar 17, 2016, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
If Gold, why not free breakfast?
It was free. I thought they had charged it to my room but when I checked out and looked at my bill it wasn't there.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 12:19 pm

Hilton Osaka {JPN}

Had a very enjoyable stay this past week. Didn't receive upgrade as hotel full due to spring holiday period. Breakfast in restaurant was quite good, huge selection including western, Chinese, & Japanese. I was there right after opening each day (0630), could see long queue from lobby later on (8-9ish). Room & amenities were nice. EL had very attentive staff, breakfast selection less than Checkers, I would stop by on my way out in the morning for a to-go cuppa. Evening reception had beer/wine/booze & nice hors d'oeuvres. Location super convenient for train & subway. Would certainly stay here again.
Old May 26, 2016, 7:11 am

Programs: NH Dia/SFlyer, JL Crystal/JGC, MB Plat, WoHyatt Glob, IHG Dia Amb, HHonors Dia
Had a one night stay mid of April. It was my second stay at this property. My first stay was approx. five years ago. I usually don't stay at the Hilton when in Osaka as I think that it is quite overpriced. This time I found an attractive rate on hiltonosaka.com. It is worth looking at the Japanese home pages of the Hilton properties as some bargains can be had which can't be found at hilton.com.
It was a mid-night rate with check in after 10 pm, but this was OK as I had an evening dinner appointment on that day. Arrived at hotel late afternoon to leave my baggage at the reception. However, I was curious to find out if they would give a Diamond an "early" check-in: No way!
So I sat down in the lobby as I had 15 minutes to kill, and decided to see if I can check in myself through the app. I was surprised when the check-in succeeded and the app told me that my room is ready to move in. Went back to the reception and asked for the key, but after recognizing that my check in was successful, the nice lady at the counter told me to come back again at 10 pm. Lesson learned. No "early" check in for Diamonds at Hilton Osaka.
Later that evening I also had no success to change from Twin to King, let alone to get an upgrade. Reception staff said "Don't have", although app said "Still have a lot."
Breakfast spread in the lounge was OK, but they had no cooked to order egg dishes.
Next time in Osaka it will be HR or Sheraton Miyako again.
Old May 26, 2016, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by shonanroger
Lesson learned. No "early" check in for Diamonds at Hilton Osaka.
Considering that you admittedly booked a rate whose existence was explicitly predicated on the fact that it required a late check-in, I can see why they would not give you an early check-in. Presumably, it cost less than a rate which would have included a more traditional check-in time, so that is the compromise you made.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 8:24 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Considering that you admittedly booked a rate whose existence was explicitly predicated on the fact that it required a late check-in, I can see why they would not give you an early check-in. Presumably, it cost less than a rate which would have included a more traditional check-in time, so that is the compromise you made.
I was able to check in early as a Diamond a few months back, around noon or 1 p.m. if I recall.

Visited again this week, arrived at hotel at 2:30 p.m., was informed that my assigned upgraded room wasn't available yet because check in time is 3 p.m., and if I wanted to check in early I would be getting a regular room. Those are the breaks, I guess.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by jphripjah
I was able to check in early as a Diamond a few months back, around noon or 1 p.m. if I recall.
Yeah, but that wasn't the point of my original post that you quote. The point of that post was that the poster quoted booked a rate that was EXPLICITLY described as a "mid-night rate with check in after 10 pm", then complained that they couldn't get an early check in. So not exactly a regular rate like you or I or most people would usually talk about.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 5:02 pm

Programs: NH Dia/SFlyer, JL Crystal/JGC, MB Plat, WoHyatt Glob, IHG Dia Amb, HHonors Dia
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Yeah, but that wasn't the point of my original post that you quote. The point of that post was that the poster quoted booked a rate that was EXPLICITLY described as a "mid-night rate with check in after 10 pm", then complained that they couldn't get an early check in. So not exactly a regular rate like you or I or most people would usually talk about.
You book a standard rate which allows check-in at 3 pm, and ask for an early check-in in the morning.
You book a slightly reduced rate which allows check-in at 10 pm, and ask for an "early" check-in at 7 pm.
I don't see much difference in those requests.
Anyway, another point of my posting was that the staff didn't allow early entry into the room although the app allowed me to check-in "early".
Old Jun 24, 2017, 8:11 pm
Suspended

I made a reservation at the Hilton Tokyo during the recent flash sale and thought the rate was okay.
I didn't have our itinerary for travelling south a bit so i didn't reserve in Osaka. the current price i'm seeing there is JPY23,324 per night for four nights pre-paid hilton honors discount. with tax and service charge it comes out to JPN114,658 for the four nights or JPN28,664/night. That's for one person and i'll use the Gold benefit of second person staying free.
So my question is, does this seem average or above or below? should i wait or nab it now? i have currently booked a flex rate which is higher as a hedge. I would be very grateful for any suggestions from anyone with experience at this hotel or hotels in japan in general.
i've looked at other hotels in osaka and found them to be not as good for just a few yen less. i'd like to be near the Namba stations or in the case of this hilton, an easy subway ride to that area.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by BenSenise
I made a reservation at the Hilton Tokyo during the recent flash sale and thought the rate was okay.
I didn't have our itinerary for travelling south a bit so i didn't reserve in Osaka. the current price i'm seeing there is JPY23,324 per night for four nights pre-paid hilton honors discount. with tax and service charge it comes out to JPN114,658 for the four nights or JPN28,664/night. That's for one person and i'll use the Gold benefit of second person staying free.
So my question is, does this seem average or above or below? should i wait or nab it now? i have currently booked a flex rate which is higher as a hedge. I would be very grateful for any suggestions from anyone with experience at this hotel or hotels in japan in general.
i've looked at other hotels in osaka and found them to be not as good for just a few yen less. i'd like to be near the Namba stations or in the case of this hilton, an easy subway ride to that area.
I think that's a reasonable rate, and the location is fantastic.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
I think that's a reasonable rate, and the location is fantastic.

I agree. Hilton Osaka is recently getting more and more crowded due to increasing tourists mainly from aisian countries. Especially, weekends are always fully booked and the room rate skyrockets. So your rate is still quite reasonable. Sometimes they reduce the price at the last minute when there is enough availability. Still the rate (simple stay) is no lower than 20,000 JPY ++ at this time of the year.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 8:06 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by tvisitor
I agree. Hilton Osaka is recently getting more and more crowded due to increasing tourists mainly from aisian countries. Especially, weekends are always fully booked and the room rate skyrockets. So your rate is still quite reasonable. Sometimes they reduce the price at the last minute when there is enough availability. Still the rate (simple stay) is no lower than 20,000 JPY ++ at this time of the year.
ah, that explains why weekend rates are higher. i was wondering about that especially since it's the opposite of what you normally find elsewhere in the world.

i also mean to edit my post to include our stay date which would be the second half of september.

thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.