Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Strange "rule and restriction" from Hilton.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2006, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

I have several reservations which provide for the following "Rules and Restrictions"

Rules & Restrictions

* There is a credit card required for this reservation.
* If you wish to cancel, please do so 1 day prior to arrival to avoid cancellation penalties.
* Diamond VIPs may book a maximum of one room as part of the 48-hour reservations guarantee.

I would welcome any/all interpretation (s) of the last provision in bold. Frankly I can't understand it.
Old Apr 1, 2006, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
Diamonds can book even into sold out hotels, but this means they can only book 1 room under those circumstances.
Old Apr 1, 2006, 5:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: UNITED 2K HILTON DIAMOND
and its at rack rate. however: I did one a few weeks ago and the diamond guar rate was 249 called the hotel directly and the nice floor manager booked me in for 209 ^ ES Monterey
Old Apr 1, 2006, 6:10 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
They want to limit the number of people Diamonds potentially displace.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.