Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2018] Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2018] Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2003, 10:01 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kawoh:
how do you get the cheque if you aren't in the US?</font>
According to the reply I received, it will be FedEx'ed:

TORONTO1970,

Thank you for submitting a claim regarding Our Best Rates. Guaranteed.
We have reviewed your reservation for the Hampton Inn - Tropicana, as
well as, the rate available on Expedia.com. We were able to confirm
that a lower rate was being offered on Expedia.com and have lowered the
rate on your reservation to match the $49.00 rate.

In addition, upon check out, an American Express Gift Cheque will be
sent via FedEx to:

&lt;TORONTO1970's address&gt;

We realize that every guest has a choice when traveling and we thank you
for making Hampton Inn your choice. We look forward to serving your
future travel needs.

Regards,

&lt;Agent Name&gt;
Guest Assistance Supervisor

Old Dec 3, 2003, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Toronto1970
Funny, today I booked exactly the same rates on nonconsecutive nights at Hampton Tropicana .
Also going after ACAQ (although 2&3 stays).
Just submitted two claims. Your case progress is very encouraging.
Old Dec 3, 2003, 11:06 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by azepine00:
Toronto1970
Funny, today I booked exactly the same rates on nonconsecutive nights at Hampton Tropicana .
Also going after ACAQ (although 2&3 stays).
Just submitted two claims. Your case progress is very encouraging.
</font>
My story gets better. I just realized that if I shifted the nights by one day, I can get both nights at the $49 rate. So my total net cost will be $6.82. Unfortunately, I'm flying out on the second night I check in. Hopefully I can check out over the phone the next morning!

btw, if anyone is having trouble finding non-suite availability at the Hampton Inn, the trick is to search for smoking rooms. (I normally would never book a smoking room, but considering I probably won't be setting foot in it I think I can handle it this time!)
Old Dec 4, 2003, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've submitted 3 claims for some hotels - I did 2 yesterday and 1 today and haven't heard back from them as yet.

Has anyone else noticed that it's kind of a pain in the neck to submit the forms? It may just be my computer, but it seems that when I click on the guarantee, the link on the claim form is at the very bottom of a non-expandable pop-up windown and I have to lower my start bar to click the button to get the form. Then when you actually fill out the form, you have to hit the tab button and enter when you're done filling out the fields because the pop-up form is too big for the screen. I have a standard 15" monitor at home and at work and experienced this problem on both computers. For trying to have a guarantee, they sure make it difficult to solve it. When I had called them earlier to try to resolve it over the phone, they told me that I have to fill out the online form. They need to get their act together...
Old Dec 4, 2003, 9:35 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bhatnasx:
Has anyone else noticed that it's kind of a pain in the neck to submit the forms?</font>
I had no problems, but I'm running at 1280x1024 resolution. The window appears to be over 700 pixels high, so I can see how one would have trouble if they were running at 800x600!

Bad web design, I agree. Should have at least been a resizable window.
Old Dec 4, 2003, 10:28 am

Do you think no-stays count for this promotion?
Old Dec 4, 2003, 11:19 am

This morning I tried to invoke the Guarantee after finding a rate on expedia that was cheaper than my Hilton.com rate, but the 3 CSR's I spoke to (at 1-800-HILTONS) were clueless.

The first rep hadn't heard about it and had to transfer me.

The second rep said they don't match expedia rates, and lumped expedia in with "opaque websites" like priceline and hotwire. I pointed out that expedia is not an opaque website, and asked for her supervisor.

After putting me on hold a few minutes, she came back on and apologized for not being familiar with their new guarantee. She then told me that "Rebecca from Corporate" would have to call me to take care of my request.

No call came, so I called 1-800-HILTONS a couple of hours later and talked to a 3rd rep. He said something about how the lower rate needs to be found on a hilton family website before they'll honor the lower rate - huh?!

He transferred me to a lady in "Guest Assistance" who changed my reservation to the lower rate, although she failed to mention the $50 AMEX check until after I asked about it. She said they would mail it after my stay is completed. I guess we'll see...I don't have alot of faith at this point.

All in all, I'm not sure any of this is worth the headache and wasted time. I don't think I'd try to invoke the guarantee again unless I was able to save _alot_ on the Hilton.com rate.

FWIW, I did try the online submission, but I gave up after the Hilton website crawled to a standstill.

Good luck!
Old Dec 4, 2003, 12:25 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Altaflyer:
If it is actually a cheque I know that my bank will cash it, if it is a plastic card then you can use it where they take Amex. </font>
The Gift Cheques are simply an American Express Travelers Cheque with a gold color scheme. They are accepted anywhere normal-hued Amex TCs are welcomed.

Eric
Old Dec 4, 2003, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I ran into the same confusion when I called them yesterday. So eventually I just submitted claims online. Nothing back from them so far.
In fact the claim form mentions www.expedia.com as an example of alternative website!
If they don't send amex checks I'll be quite upset since Hampton is quite far for the convention center where I need to be and there are better deals nearby.
Old Dec 4, 2003, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Sammy:
Do you think no-stays count for this promotion?</font>

Probably not since they mail you the check only once you've left.
Old Dec 4, 2003, 1:18 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by azepine00:
I ran into the same confusion when I called them yesterday. So eventually I just submitted claims online. Nothing back from them so far.</font>
When I made my two (online) claims yesterday in the day, I got an automated "We got your request..." reply within minutes, and the confirmation e-mail in about an hour.

For the two claims I made at midnight last night, I got the two automated replies, but I'm still waiting for the confirmation. They must be overrun with requests!
Old Dec 4, 2003, 3:28 pm

I gave "Guest Assistance" a call, since I was concerned that I hadn't heard back.

The agent said that his boss was handling all of the requests, so he took down all my information and said she would call me back.

He said this promotion just started yesterday, and "they were very surprised at the number of calls they have been getting. How do so many people find these rates??". He's obviously not a Flyertalker!!
Old Dec 4, 2003, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
They ought to have fixed some of the rate issues before launching the guarantee. I guess its a balancing act between reducing Hilton's rates to avoid paying out on the guarantee vs. getting more revenue with the higher rates. Ultimately they should be careful when they wholesale their rooms to sites such as expedia.
Old Dec 4, 2003, 4:38 pm

Here's the press release from Hilton:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?L29C128B6

I'm surprised there's nothing in the rules about consecutive night reservations at the same hotel. I'm not doing it because I need the separate stays for the ACAQ promo, but what's to stop someone from booking 5 consecutive nights through separate reservations and demanding 5 $50 cheques?

[This message has been edited by Toronto1970 (edited Dec 04, 2003).]
Old Dec 4, 2003, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just as an FYI for anyone looking, I found the lower rates on Travelweb.com and Hotels.com.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.