Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Kuala Lumpur {MYS}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2016, 10:40 am

Programs: HH Diamond,Virgin Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Agreed points redemptions or points and money redemptions at Doubletree KL are great value but I would still never rebook at Doubletree.
Many issues at Doubletree
Great memories of Hilton
I would choose Hilton everytime.

Last edited by PaulH1; Sep 10, 2016 at 11:45 am
Old Oct 17, 2016, 5:12 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
After almost a year of avoiding this hotel, got booked into the cheapest Hilton property in KL yesterday.

Positive:
1. Did several random search on their rates, and on average they seem to have come down. Better value at RM4xx vs (previous) RM6xx on weekdays.

2. On this 1 experience, was upgraded from standard to "Executive Plus" room. Checked-in online, with upgrade ONLY showing on the afternoon of arrival. The first upgrade I've had since current GM took over.

3. Staff service looks to have returned to their hey-day. Never ran dry during cocktail hour (note: was a Sunday night so Exec Lounge about ~30% full). bfast service in lounge was prompt and executed without fault. Good knowledge about hotel offers.

Negatives:
1. Cocktail hour offerings substantially cut. No more whisky or champagne. 2 choices of both white and red. However the only palatable vino was the San Feletto prosecco. No beer on display so not sure if there was any choice. Food wise ... no longer a hot option cooked to order. Noticeably more budget food prep on offer.

2. Despite checking in online and arriving about 5 hours later (7pm). No welcome letter, snacks (previously still had almonds) and laundry bag absent from room. Toothbrush as for the past year was not offered as standard amenity.

3. Refurbishment was minor, new coat of paint, more (and international) power sockets, some replaced fixtures.

Overall, with the new lower rates, this hotel returns to my options in KL. While it's unfair to hold them to their previously exceptional standards, the new rates reflect this downgrade. Still a great hotel, without faults in the basics of clean, comfortable and polite. Just no longer a destination in itself.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 2:53 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
True...the champagne in the lounge is gone. I don't drink whiskey so I wouldn't know about that. I personally haven't noticed a big difference in lounge food offerings. I can't complain about the upgrades. 2 weeks ago I received an executive plus room (which is like a junior suite in my opinion) on a 2 nights cash - cheapest room booking. Today a received a very nice lifestyle suite. Stunning room! Booked cheapest room on cash and was offered -without even asking a 6pm checkout... :-)
I am actually relaxing at their pool right now.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 5:56 am

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia
Someone know which Executive Plus rooms have the balcony?
Old Oct 22, 2016, 8:27 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, IHG Gold, Phyllis Court Junior Member
Originally Posted by denkigroove
Someone know which Executive Plus rooms have the balcony?
Floor 29 did for me.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 7:17 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
After a positive stay last month, was happy to make a return.

Booked standard room, upgraded to Exec Plus as before. ^ OLCI upgrade only showing on afternoon of check-in.

Drinks & cold towel offered during check-in ^ (haven't seen this for over a year)

Bfast offering & taste at their best yet. Previously I've always found this Hilton's bfast to be lacking compared to Hitlon PJ & DTKL. This time the food tasted exactly as they should, porridge a good consistency, chilies were spicy etc etc

Nice new property specific reading material (ala Conrad Singapore), ie: booklet of things to do, monthly deals

Received in-room snack of Pandan Chocolate in a nice, sturdy HHonors box.

Only used the lounge for check-out on this occasion, and staff were very good. Asked if I wanted any drinks before leaving.

All in all, an excellent stay. Seems the refurbishment (hardware, service, standards) is heading in the right direction !
Old Nov 29, 2016, 8:13 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond
I completed an eight night stay here recently. I booked the cheapest "King Deluxe" room; on the day of check-in, I looked on the Hilton app and noted that I had only been upgraded to a "King Executive" room (I'm a Diamond). Upon check-in at the Executive Lounge, I protested that this was not really an upgrade, since as a Diamond, I get lounge access anyway. I was told that all the better rooms were booked for that night, but they would try to upgrade me the following evening. I was willing to cut them some slack, since I was staying for eight nights. Sure enough, the next evening, I received a call informing me that I had been upgraded to a (renovated) Grand Executive Suite for the remaining seven nights.

To reiterate what others may have stated, this hotel is adjacent to KL Sentral; there is no direct access from the station to the hotel lobby. You need to go outside, cross the street, walk through a short stretch of the parking garage, and take an elevator to the lobby on the fourth floor of the hotel.

The service in the Executive Lounge was very attentive; there were always plenty of staff on hand, and I never had to wait for a drink order. Alex was particularly attentive; I was in the lounge every evening for cocktail hour, and he always remembered that I wanted prosecco, which he served with a smile.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 9:12 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Recently booked a basic Deluxe King room, Lowest HHonors Flex Rate & was pre-upgraded to Grand Executive Suite - sadly I needed to re-book for a new date - lets see what happens then
Old Nov 30, 2016, 4:50 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Things looking positive and have booked a stay early in the new year- will report back!
Old Nov 30, 2016, 5:08 am

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
wow - this thread has been running for 16 years. Almost as long as me being on FT.

I think this thread is one of the most interesting here as it really is about the transition from the the old Hilton to the new Hilton property. The new Hilton has already gone thru management changes and refurbishment. A clear reminder just how tough this business is for the owners.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 5:35 pm

Programs: UA Plat, HH Diamond, MR Gold, Hertz Prez Circle
Originally Posted by kpc
Got upgraded to a xx07 room (Grand Executive suite) last week but this probably reflects my loyalty to the hotel (70+ nights) as opposed to my Diamond status. Love the executive suites with separate work area, and lounge / dining area with guest toilet ... I think free laundry has been reduced to ?1 piece if staying 5 nights or more....it used to be 3 items per day regardless of stay duration for executive floor guests

Still remains my home in Kl...not even tempted to try the DT as the KLIA Express is so convenient to / from the airport. The opening of the adjacent NU Sentral shopping centre is an added bonus!
Does anyone have the latest on the laundry situation. I have a stay coming up in a few days and I'm deciding how little laundry I can get away with doing where I currently am.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 3:27 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Certainly got no laundry as a Diamond at KL in October (1 night) although did get a suite (but 11pm check-in so missed EL) so didn't really get to enjoy it.
Also stayed at DT (also suite) and PJ (Exec Room only). EL lounge catering has fallen away at DT, still good at PJ.

New Sheraton PJ opens June 2017 so hope rates at Hilton PJ drop further.

Does anyone know if the Hilton/LM will have better access to the new Muzium Negara MRT station
Old Dec 1, 2016, 5:11 am
Suspended

IIRC it is one piece "pressing" on the day of arrival only.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 7:57 am

Programs: UA Plat, HH Diamond, MR Gold, Hertz Prez Circle
Originally Posted by moa999
Certainly got no laundry as a Diamond at KL in October (1 night) although did get a suite (but 11pm check-in so missed EL) so didn't really get to enjoy it.
Also stayed at DT (also suite) and PJ (Exec Room only). EL lounge catering has fallen away at DT, still good at PJ.

New Sheraton PJ opens June 2017 so hope rates at Hilton PJ drop further.

Does anyone know if the Hilton/LM will have better access to the new Muzium Negara MRT station
That sucks, the laundry prices here at Marriott Taipei are standard US 4* prices. I should have just braved a Chinese only shop not too far from here. It would have probably been fine.

How was the EL catering/bar in KL Hilton?
Old Dec 1, 2016, 8:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Hadrian35
That sucks, the laundry prices here at Marriott Taipei are standard US 4* prices. I should have just braved a Chinese only shop not too far from here. It would have probably been fine.

How was the EL catering/bar in KL Hilton?
Laundry apps are aplenty in almost every country just use google.
The EL food and drink has seen better days but is still a very decent offering.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.