Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Seattle, Washington, USA {US-WA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Seattle, Washington, USA {US-WA}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 1999, 12:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1.050MM, PersonalCar 0.275MM
Arrow DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Seattle, Washington, USA {US-WA}

I've usually stayed at the Hilton Bellevue on business trips to the Bellevue/Redmond WA area. Anybody have comments on other HHonors alternatives in the area? Hilton Bellevue just hasn't seemed to be particularly high quality. I saw a thread discussing other hotel brands which are being brought into the HHonors fold, but I haven't seen any official details about this. www.hilton.com doesn't mention any brands other than Hilton Garden Inns (which is really just a sub-brand anyway).
Old Nov 20, 1999, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In that area I like the Embassy Suites. Do not know status of Promus into HH if any.
Old Nov 21, 1999, 7:18 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The Hyatt just down the road is pretty nice.

I haven't stayed there at the Bellevue property since '89. They were not even in HHonors then! I'd moved from the downtown Hilton specifically to qualify for the HHonors Fast Track Gold offer and found out months later- no go! And yes- even when new it had a kind of inexpensive motel feel.
Old Apr 13, 2001, 9:48 pm

Arrow DISCUSSION for Hilton HHonors Hotels in or near Seattle, Washington, USA {US-WA}

Wonder what is a good and reasonable property that is close to Pikes market etc.. We will be flying, so we will not have a car. Wanting to go for a long weekend with the hubby to celebrate my graduation from college--It took 7 long years. Looking for something that will not break my bank account, as I don't have a post graduate job yet. If there are no reasonable Hiltons, does anyone have suggestions for a nice hotel?
Thanks for any help,
Shara
Old Apr 13, 2001, 10:00 pm

Programs: Many
In downtown Seattle, check out the Inn At The Market, a couple minutes walk from the market. Down the hill towards Pioneer Square on 1st Avenue is the Alexis Hotel, and another one I like is the Hotel Vintage Park.
Old Apr 14, 2001, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
As a newcomer, you may not be familiar with the Search function. It's in the upper right corner, click on it, then put SEATTLE into the appropriate space and do your search. I am certain you will find lots of useful comments from the past.
Old Apr 14, 2001, 3:54 pm

Stay away from the Hilton in Dwtn Seattle (very tired and poor service).

There are a bunch of nicer (but even the Four Seasons is Old and Tired) hotels in Downtown. But as referred to above, the best are not branded and not affilated with any loyalty program.

You might try the Hotel Monaco (part of the Kimpton Group) which is reasonably priced and has good internet rates on both Travelscape and Expedia. This hotel is well located and has nice rooms with attentive staff.

Newer branded product in downtown includes The W from Starwood, and depending on your date of arrival and budget Hyatt is opening a new hotel called the Elliott worth a look (have not been there yet).

Old Apr 15, 2001, 3:51 pm

Location: Cupertino, CA - AA:PLT 2MM; Marriott:Plt; Hilton:Slv
If you aren't totally sold on HHonors points, I would definitely recommend the W Hotel. It is in a great location, and is an absoultely great hotel. Try to get a corner room if you can't get a suite. Very nice and very good service.
Old Apr 15, 2001, 4:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
There is a Hampton Inn at the bottome of Queen Anne Hill (where I live). It usually has AAA rates at about $115.00 and it is a short walk to Seattle Center where one can catch the Monorail into downtown. Also the City Bus runs right next to this property. Either way you can be right downtown in about 10 minutes.

If I didn't live here, I think that is the Hilton property I would choose. Of course, I would also check the rates at the Hilton downtown. It is a little old and tired (so am I), but it is also right in the heart of downtown and very convenient to everything.
Old Apr 15, 2001, 6:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BMI Gold, LH Senator, Hyatt Diamond
I would recommend the Westin as a great property. However you are probably like me and trying to build up your HHonors points. I am staying at the DoubleTree Guest Suites and will plan on staying there again.

Be careful though, there are about 3 DoubleTrees and they all seem to be around the airport. However, the GuestSuites is the only one with indoor pool with spa and all suites! It is like Embassy Suites but with great cookies
Weekend rates are reasonable but you need a car to move.

------------------
"Fly me to the moon and let me earn alot of miles."
Old Apr 16, 2001, 12:33 am

Location: new brunswick, new jersey and farmington, conn. USA
i like the Hampton by Seattle Center, too. Plus, it comes with all the neat, though touristy, SC stuff.

it is out of the Free Ride Zone, or at least used to be. Plus, i like the QA Hill area a lot; it's quiet and pretty and has its own neat things.

i dislike the downtown Hilton.

now, if you're not staying with Hilton (and i quizzically wonder who can resist the lure of HHonors points and miles, but i'm weird), and you're terminally hip, try the Ace Hotel.
(www.theacehotel.com) i'm partial to the place because it attracts a rather interesting crowd that i'm more similar to, but i'd still rather stay in the very nice Hampton, thank you.

(edited due to glaring spelling error.)

[This message has been edited by gwendolynaoife (edited 04-16-2001).]
Old Apr 16, 2001, 5:41 am

Programs: Everyone!
well, I can't vouch for it because I haven't stayed there, but I just booked a free 5 day stay at the Courtyard at Downtown - Lake Union. They supposedly have a free shuttle downtown if you aren't renting a car.
Old Apr 16, 2001, 4:07 pm

Thanks everyone!! I will look into the various recommended hotels and see which have availability and what works best for us. I have been to Seattle before but never stayed in a hotel. I have family and friends who I usually stay with in Seattle. However, this is for short get away for the hubby and I. I am not even telling family and friends I am coming. Hope I don't run into them!
Thanks again,
Shara
Old Jul 9, 2001, 11:50 pm

Best/Worst HHonors Hotels In Seattle?

My family and I are looking for a nice Hilton hotel in/around Seattle. Does anybody have a favorite? a worst? Horror Stories? Great Stories?

Any HHonors hotel for Double dips will do. We have stayed in Embassy Suites before and liked the two room layout, microwave and Complimentary Breakfast. (Lompoc, CA.)

Thanks in advance. MG911Guy....
Old Jul 10, 2001, 3:14 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Amb, BA Blue
We stayed in the Doubletree in Bellevue,nice hotel but make sure it's the one at 300 112th Ave SE i have read on the boards that the one nearby is not so nice. We got it on Priceline for $45 a night but be prepared for $11 a night for the Car park.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.